When should Hot Toys make a THE DARK KNIGHT announcement?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
I really didn't start collecting Hot Toys stuff until after their original Batman Begins/Superman Returns stuff was sold out, so I was just curious as to when those figures were originally announced? Like most of you, I'm really hoping HT gets TDK license, so I can get some good 1/6th scale versions of Batman and The Joker. If they did happen to get it, when could we see an official announcement? Is there any chance actual figures could be available soon after the movie's release?

I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:google:google:google

this is really pissing me off... hot toys atleast ANNOUNCE that you have the license... aslong as I can confirm you guys have the license I can sleep easy.

About a month ago. HT isn't above announcing a license then hitting an announcement of a figure soon after so I'm not really that worried but you'd think they'd want a figure to hit around the time of the film itself......the longer they are taking though...

I would assume one will be coming soon... newsletters are at the end of the month though so might not be until the end of March.

DC Direct took the wraps off their 13" figures (and I have not seen it mentioned here yet):

1164.jpg

Those actually look pretty good, but I would rather have good 12" versions from Hot Toys. Anyway, I actually emailed Hot Toys about this yesterday, but haven't got a response.

Those actually look pretty good, but I would rather have good 12" versions from Hot Toys. Anyway, I actually emailed Hot Toys about this yesterday, but haven't got a response.

please keep us posted on what they say! i'd be surprised if they say anything... they seem pretty tight lipped about their licences until their newletters come out.

Strange we haven't heard a peep from HT or Medicom. Maybe DCD is clamping down on competition this time around.

Strange we haven't heard a peep from HT or Medicom. Maybe DCD is clamping down on competition this time around.

Those figures do look like they've had some serious time invested in them. And they're pricey too. The first thing that crossed my mind when I saw them up at BBTS was that this was all there would be.

You guys DO realize that it's often up to the licensor when the licensee can make announcements, right? My guess is that Hot Toys (or Medicom) will announce something when Warner gives them the go-ahead.

And since Warner also owns DC (and thus DC Direct) they likely just wanted to announce their TDK offerings first.

This isn't rocket science.

If Hot Toys releases a 1:6 Batman, I will most probably buy it. If Medicom releases the same figure, I will not buy it. Somehow, I feel that Medicom products are quite over-priced and comes with much less gears than a similar product from Hot Toys or SS.

I guess they announce it in May...April would be a nice surprise though :).

You guys DO realize that it's often up to the licensor when the licensee can make announcements, right? My guess is that Hot Toys (or Medicom) will announce something when Warner gives them the go-ahead.

And since Warner also owns DC (and thus DC Direct) they likely just wanted to announce their TDK offerings first.

This isn't rocket science.

:rolleyes:

Thanks Sunshine. Ruin the doom and gloom why don't you? :lol

Whats the big deal?Nobody has announced an Iron Man figure either,yet i have no doubt someone will be making one.

Back