The Original Lurtz Figure by Weta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have recently found an image of the Prototype Lurtz :uruk-hai in armor statue by Weta, however the Statue was altered and changed into Ugluk Uruk-Hai Captain. I think this was a mistake :monkey2 even though the picture is small you can get the idea that it would of made a great statue. I mean the Newborn Lurtz is a good statue and Sculpt but I would have preferred an armored Lurtz, don't get me wrong I have the Newborn Lurtz and it would defiantly be one of my favorites I just think that an Armored Lurtz would make a better Statue :uruk-hai

Here is a link to the page
https://groups.msn.com/LosJinetesNegrosdeNazgul/coleccionas.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=212

What are your guys thoughts on it?

it would have been a nice limited edition variant.

I wonder if the Prototype is still around?

I hadn't see that statue in a while, thanks for digging up the image. That will forever be a hole in my collection. I think people spent years begging Sideshow/Weta to release that statue without any luck. That would certainly have been one of the highlights of the SS/W line.

The other statue I wish would have been released is the Fellowship Pippin. I remember a few years back it was confirmed that one was sculpted. But I don't know how far along in the prototype/production phase it got.

I hadn't see that statue in a while, thanks for digging up the image. That will forever be a hole in my collection. I think people spent years begging Sideshow/Weta to release that statue without any luck. That would certainly have been one of the highlights of the SS/W line.

The other statue I wish would have been released is the Fellowship Pippin. I remember a few years back it was confirmed that one was sculpted. But I don't know how far along in the prototype/production phase it got.

I think there is a picture of Fellowship Pippin somewhere. He is leaning on one of the fireworks if I am not mistaken.

021202lotr05gd8.jpg

Here is another pic of Lurtz. Also, there is the original Isildur bust with him looking down.

it would have been a nice limited edition variant.

I wonder if the Prototype is still around?

Im sure the only place we could find a Prototype of the piece would be in the Weta Workshop and they do not do tours so the only place we'll see it is images on the Internet :monkey2

I would give anything for that piece :monkey5

I have a list somewhere of Sideshow Weta's proposed statues and busts for FOTR that was first announced at ToyFair 2001. It included the great looking Lurtz in armor prototype, and a "shire" Pippen which I heard was made, but which I've never seen. Also included were statues of Barliman, Celeborn, and Gwaihir. Not sure if prototypes of these statues were ever made though.

Does anyone have any Ugluk Statue images? as the body and his right Arm is the only part left of the Prototype Lurtz

If anyone has images it would be great cause then people could see for themselves how cool an Armor Lurtz would be

The head in his hand is awesome. I don't have any of the WETA statues (came to the game late) but man, some fun stuff for sure! Thanks for sharing these guys...

It would have been an awesome piece, but now the Ugluk is! I think the ugluk with the head in his hand looks even better than an armored Lurtz.
I didn't see Lurtz in a low posture in the movie either.

I would love to see a photo if anyone has one!

I can't remember him being seen. All i've seen is a box at Weta with the label 'Pippin' next to other FOTR pieces. I think Weta made it but didn't like how it turned out. But when the demand came for a Pippin statue, they went with the Gondorian one instead.
Talking about Weta stuff that should have been released....original non-butchered Argonath? Hobbiton factory-mill??

Yea Hobbiton Factory-Mill would of been a great Enviro to go beside the Original and Quite Large Argonath

Back