Hot Toys should do Reeve Superman BEFORE Keaton Batman!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Britain

Super Freak
Reaction score
Couldn't resist - in a spirit of friendly rivalry with the HT Keaton Batman thread I thought I'd see if Sideshow Collectors would like to see Christopher Reeve's delicately chiselled features, preferably sculpted by Yulli, on a HT body with perfectly tailored costume, arriving on their doorsteps in gorgeous packaging to mark the thirtieth anniversary of Superman the Movie and the seventieth anniversary of Superman's creation...

*dies and goes to heaven*

I mean, just what is the problem with getting this figure officially made? What are the legal issues? How come a Christopher Reeve Superman is the only great pop art movie hero never made as a figure?

Does anyone know? Could we get a petition started and present it to the Reeve Foundation...?

How come a Christopher Reeve Superman is the only great pop art movie hero never made as a figure?

While a Reeves Superman would mean a lot to many folks, it's not the only incarnation of a super hero yet to be done that really ought to. Lou Ferrigno as the Incredible Hulk should be immortalized in figure form, Linda Carter as Wonder Woman should be done, Adam West as Batman. While I love my custom I have, Keaton as Batman should be done as a mass produced figure, it's worthy.

I Concur Sir!!!:lecture:rock Please Hot Toys Do this! and Zod, Ursa, and Non.

I want Reeve and Reeves figures. Along with Luke Skywalker, they were my biggest childhood heroes.

039_16626Christopher-Reeve-as-Super.jpg

georgereeves.jpg

While a Reeves Superman would mean a lot to many folks, it's not the only incarnation of a super hero yet to be done that really ought to. Lou Ferrigno as the Incredible Hulk should be immortalized in figure form, Linda Carter as Wonder Woman should be done, Adam West as Batman. While I love my custom I have, Keaton as Batman should be done as a mass produced figure, it's worthy.

I realise this is debatable and many folks will quite rightly disagree with me, but in my humble opinion Reeve's performance as Superman was the finest ever performance by an actor playing a superhero - the other's you mention may also be iconic, but for me and many other people his performance was just miraculous and nuanced and compelling as both Clark and Superman - more so than Keaton's which didn't carry his movies in quite the same way. I mean, Reeve held his own pretty well against Brando, Hackman and Stamp, for Chrissake! Did Keaton perform quite so well against Nicholson...?

So I put in a special plea for him to be immortalised as matter of urgency, but obviously I'd love to see the other figures you mention. I say, Hot Toys should make a Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man figure now!

People would kill for a HT Reeve superman including myself.I can't even imagine how fast it would pre-sellout, and how sought after this figure would be.

Yes, a decent Reeve Superman is on par with Indiana Jones as being the most requested/most customized 1/6th out there.

Unfortunately I'm sure WB is more interested in promoting their current Superman franchise and/or JL than a 30 year old movie. But HT should ask - can't hurt.

I REALLY want a Reeve Superman! He is one of my most wanted 12" figures next to a Keaton Batman, and a Jack Nicholson Joker. I own the SR Clark Kent and Jor-El figures, and I need a fully-suited Supes. So why not the original movie version and the best? I would also jump at the chance to own a Gene Hackman Luthor and a Terrance Stamp Zod.

On an unrelated note, I once asked David Prowse (Darth Vader/Reeve's personal trainer) what kind of man Reeve was and he said that Reeve was "a sack of ++++." He said that Reeve was cool for the first few weeks, but after he put on the costume he started acting extremely rude and snobby. He said he was like that even AFTER the accident.

It was pretty dissapointing to hear this, but that doesn't make his fantastic portrayal of the Greatest superhero any worse.

Both. More so the Reeve family not allowing Christopher's likeness to be used.

I can respect that too, but I'd still like to know why they won't allow it to be used. Is there a particular reason - is it something that Reeve himself prohibited when he was alive, or do they feel it's in some way at odds with the seriousness of the Reeve Foundation's work...? Plenty of other dead actor's estates have allowed likenesses to be used. Plus, a couple of sculptures have been permitted, I believe.

I REALLY want a Reeve Superman! He is one of my most wanted 12" figures next to a Keaton Batman, and a Jack Nicholson Joker. I own the SR Clark Kent and Jor-El figures, and I need a fully-suited Supes. So why not the original movie version and the best? I would also jump at the chance to own a Gene Hackman Luthor and a Terrance Stamp Zod.

On an unrelated note, I once asked David Prowse (Darth Vader/Reeve's personal trainer) what kind of man Reeve was and he said that Reeve was "a sack of ++++." He said that Reeve was cool for the first few weeks, but after he put on the costume he started acting extremely rude and snobby. He said he was like that even AFTER the accident.

It was pretty dissapointing to hear this, but that doesn't make his fantastic portrayal of the Greatest superhero any worse.

Don’t be disappointed about that. Think in that way: that was a personal experience of Mr. Prowse. I didn’t hear other people saying the same thing. So, that doesn’t change the things. A lot of people love and respect Reeve, so one comment can’t eclipse that.
I really want a figure, statue or anything related to Christopher Reeve. And of course, if we are lucky and they decided to release a figure, I wish that Hot Toys do the honors :D

Yep, thats one of those big ones that until it happens (I still have hope oneday in the future) we'll all be clamoring for.

I gotta say, I think thats the first negative story I heard about Reeve. Everything has always been positive, including him visiting sick kids in hospitals in full Superman costume back in the day.

I would also be curious as to why his estate would have a problem with that. I would like to think something could be done, especially if maybe proceeds would go towards his foundation? After his paralysis, they did do the Superman Dog tag fund raiser, so I don't think theres too much of an issue with the Superman legacy.

I gotta say, I think thats the first negative story I heard about Reeve. Everything has always been positive, including him visiting sick kids in hospitals in full Superman costume back in the day.

I know, that's why I was really surprised. Most coworkers and friends seemed to praise him in interviews, so hearing Prowse say those things was a shock. Why would he say those things to a fan if they weren't true? Now everytime I see Superman I see a colorful *********. He's still my favorite superhero.

If I found out Michael Keaton was a dick, it wouldn't bother me since Batman is supposed to be a mean bastard. But finding out the supposedly kind and loveable Superman was one in real life, is pretty upsetting.

But hey, Superman is a dick
so I guess he was just in character.

Back