Joss's Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GilGalad HK

I just saw on TV that Charisma Carpenter has been cast as Wonder Woman. Not sure if this is new news. I knew she was being considered, but did not know she got the part. I can see her as Wonder Woman. I Think it is a great choice!

That sounds like a good choice. I'm glad they looked past her Playboy pictorial.
I'm not sure about Whedon saying she wont fly. I always preferred Wonder Woman flying and not using the Invisible Jet.

Awesome choice IMO! I thought I had read that Sarah was in and Charisma was out. That was months ago though and I always thought Charisma would be the better choice. She'll definitely fit WW's bra!

I'd heard that she was campaigning for it, but I can't believe she'd get it. And Joss has said that casting isn't even a consideration until he's finished the script. And she's far older than they've been talking about. Where on TV was this announcement.

I was watching CSI (Syndicated rerun) think it was on the local WB network, and there was this brief little snipit during a comercial break. Pretty sure I heard it correctly???

Charisma herself is spreading a disinformation campaign I think. She mentioned it at the Veronica Mars SDCC panel and it she said it again to Kristen from E Online. She said something about "I'm concentrating on Veronica Mars and getting in shape for Wonder Woman" and everyone took that as she already has the part.

Mark my words (and bookmark this thread, in case I'm proven wrong :p ): Charisma Carpenter will not get the part. The Playboy spread killed any inkling of an opportunity she may have had to be considered for the role.

pb.jpg

I agree with Franken Fan, DC/Time Warner will not have anything to with her.

I just sat through the teaser for an episode of Angel (the part before the titles) as I had never seen her acting before....

OMG what are people thinking??!!! :yuck

She is an abismal actress!!!! I was shocked to see how bad she was considering her fan base!!!!!

She has all the personality of a Gerry Anderson puppet and none of the charisma!!!!!!

Pure evil!!!!!!!!

It's a long time before they'll announce anyone as the first draft of the script hasn't been written. Charisma is an excellent actress but is too old.

And there has been a lot of mention of Jessica Biel for the role - I think she looks the part but I've only seen her in one thing so I don't know if she's a decent actor.

Darklord Dave said:
It's a long time before they'll announce anyone as the first draft of the script hasn't been written. Charisma is an excellent actress but is too old.

And there has been a lot of mention of Jessica Biel for the role - I think she looks the part but I've only seen her in one thing so I don't know if she's a decent actor.

Decent? Sure. Good? Possibly. Great? No. All depends what the script calls for. I think she'd fit in well with both the look of Wonder Woman and Whedon's tongue in cheek style.

I think charisma is an excellent actress. Whats this playboy thing thats ruined her chances though? She definately doesnt have the part yet though. As sed b4, Joss hasnt even finished the script.

BDboystoys said:
I think charisma is an excellent actress. Whats this playboy thing thats ruined her chances though? She definately doesnt have the part yet though. As sed b4, Joss hasnt even finished the script.
She appeared in a topless pictorial.
I agree, Jessica Biel would be a good candidate.

Ok, that cant ruin her chances to badly! she'd be a much better candidate that Biel. She cant act, imo. She can scream(TCM remake) and go mushy lovey(7th heaven) but I dont think she could pull this off. And unknown would be great.

Back