Medi armour dropping in price due to SS announcements ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooncat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Couldnt find a Medi Stormtrooper for love nor money 3 - 4 months back

and the orginal retail for the figure (I didnt see it when it was first announced) but im guessing it was $120 + ish dollars

Recently Ive seen a Medi Storm on these boards and on the bay for round $60 to $70

Just wondered if peeps are jumping ship with Medi armour ? now that SSC has announced an armoured figure ?

Ive got 2 a Medi Storm and a Medi Clone and also on order the Ep2 clone (*yes I was the one who ordered it despite the Gen Obi anouncement)

I like em and even with an SSC announcement Im keeping them cause Ill just buy the SSC ones also (if they are any good)

Just wondered what everyone elses thoughts and feeling were ?

Last edited:
Couldnt find a Medi Stormtrooper for love nor money 3 - 4 months back

and the orginal retail for the figure (I didnt see it when it was first announced) but im guessing it was $120 + ish dollars

Recently Ive seen a Medi Storm on these boards and on the bay for round $60 to $70

Just wondered if peeps are jumping ship with Medi armour ? now that SSC has announced an armoured figure ?

Ive got 2 a Medi Storm and a Medi Clone and also on order the Ep1 clone (*yes I was the one who ordered it despite the Gen Obi anouncement)

I like em and even with an SSC announcement Im keeping them cause Ill just buy the SSC ones also (if they are any good)

Just wondered what everyone elses thoughts and feeling were ?

so your basing this theory from seeing probably 2 figures at most go for that price? :rotfl

i dont think so. you might have a handful jump ship and ditch their medicom figures. but when you consider that there are thousands of medi troopers out there, it's not anything to even wonder about when 3 people sell theirs for $70.

and why would they? Sideshow hasnt released anything yet, not to mention any clones or stormies. even when they do I highly doubt we'll see EVERYONE selling off their medicom stuff. mainly those people who cant afford to own both.

I think we'll see more and more Medi armored figs dropping in price as SS kicks out their own. It only makes sense too.
I've noticed a similar decline in price on ebay. Not drastic but not as strong as before.

Price is always a major issue, probably more so with with armored figures since people want troop builders. Cheaper figures means affording more troops. And if the Medi figures are going for $150, and SSC goes for $100, its essentially buy two get one free.

And it's only common sense that once there's competition in a similar product market that prices go down. Medi held the armored baton for a few years, now they have to share. SS will have an advantage though since their figs are in scale.

In-scale, hard armor, and a cheaper price with Sideshow. I can't think of any reason anyone would continue to collect Medicom. Of course their prices will fall.

i dont think so. you might have a handful jump ship and ditch their medicom figures. but when you consider that there are thousands of medi troopers out there, it's not anything to even wonder about when 3 people sell theirs for $70.

and why would they? Sideshow hasnt released anything yet, not to mention any clones or stormies. even when they do I highly doubt we'll see EVERYONE selling off their medicom stuff. mainly those people who cant afford to own both.

SS hasn't proved anything yet,as far as there armoured figures go.If SS's figures do come out better I will just buy the ones I really like,and keep my Medicom collection.Even if Medicom SW figures do de-value,which I don't think they will by too much.I will still have them in my collection,because their worth more to me by keeping them then to sell them off at a lower price.Plus thieir great figures

In-scale, hard armor, and a cheaper price with Sideshow. I can't think of any reason anyone would continue to collect Medicom. Of course their prices will fall.
:confused::confused:

I will always collect medicom armored figures.I just love the top notch quality look from them.People act like the armor is squishy,it's not ABS hard but hard enough.And it looks shiny something obi-wan does not.(funny how that was never an issue until SS said they were doin ABS)They may be more $ but i still love em.SS still has yet to PROVE themselves in this area,one proto is not gonna do that.And if they do, great a cheaper alternative to add to the collection.(but hey if medi wants to lower their prices cause of it i'm all for it,but i wouldn't expect A LOT of people to jump ship the people that love medi armor REALLY love medi armor)

Medicom stormtroopers will always be great!!!!

stormtrooperRAH.jpg

Cue endless Medi VS SS debate.

Given SSC's history of production pieces that didn't live up to the prototypes I think some people will wait until the first couple of their armored characters have shipped before deciding whether to buy. If they do turn out as good as the proto then so much the better for collectors but it's by no means guaranteed. Clone Wars Obi-Wan looks excellent but right now it's only a proto and nowhere near enough to make SSC the new "kings of 1/6" that some people were suggesting last week.

Last edited:

seriously? do you not remember that medicom isnt even a US company? If people don't buy their products from US distributors (aka SSC), the solution is simple. Medicom no longer has to produce extra figures for sideshow to distribute and their products will remain exclusive to asia and asia distributors.

That will keep all of us US folks who still want them paying high prices.

seriously? do you not remember that medicom isnt even a US company? If people don't buy their products from US distributors (aka SSC), the solution is simple. Medicom no longer has to produce extra figures for sideshow to distribute and their products will remain exclusive to asia and asia distributors.

That will keep all of us US folks who still want them paying high prices.

Exactly! And well put.

Yeah, I don't see Medicom need to change the price point on their figures at all. Completely separate market for the most part.

Yeah, I don't see Medicom need to change the price point on their figures at all. Completely separate market for the most part.

I agree especially since only a small percentage of the figures make it to the States anyway. You really can't compare Japanese Toy prices to domestic American Toy prices. Japanese toys are just more expensive in general. As well as food, housing, etc. Personally, I would total feel different about a 150 dollar Japanese toy versuses a 100 dollar based toy. Medicom will be fine without Star Wars armoured characters. I can still get Lupin, Sentei, Anime, Japanese Gangster film characters, etc from Medicom. I really don't care how much that Motoko will cost me. I will buy her regardless. I think a lot of Medicom collectors feel the same way about their favorite pieces.

Right! We get what maybe 1-2% of their production run? I plan on still buying their stuff even though SS is doing armored stuff. I'll have both Mauls and those aren't armored. Will there be a slight price drop on ebay? Could happen and might happen. Does it change how I approach buying them? No.

I think Sideshow will continue to distribute the figures... even if its a small portion of overall sales. It still keeps overseas collectors thinking about Medicom and not only buying the imported SW figures, but the other offereings (MGS, FOTNS, etc) as well.

And I do think we'll see a bit of a drop, whenever you have an alternative for a certain figure the price/demand for the original drops. Probably not a lot and in all honesty very few (if any) of the RAH SW figures have appreciated in value, they pretty much seem to stay at/or around retail so its not really a bid deal IMO.

i dig the medicom line... with the leg extenders, they are perfectly in scale with bbi, dragon and ace figures. there will always be room for them within my stash.

Back