What's the best 1/6th SW fig to get into the line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm actually thinking about picking up maybe a handful in time (I'm not a completist by any means) and I'm thinking about purchasing my first 1/6th Star Wars fig by the end of the week.

Honestly, I never thought I'd get into the 1/6th line. As a backdrop, I've only collected the majority of the PF's (Darth, Luke ANH, Leia, Han, Obi) and I've got the Yoda 1:1 bust. Then I got into the prop replicas for a short time. But looking back at my display, I have an empty display shelf in one of my Detolfs. After setting up my display, these 1/6th scale figs look like they'd fit perfectly and mesh in with the collection.

That being said, I'm just looking for your own opinions on what 1/6th fig I should maybe get first, what 1/6th scale figure to stay away from...basically, I'm looking for any recommendations you have to give. Thanks so much in advance,

~ Nitro :chew

Old Ben
Darth Maul
Asajj
Sidious/Palpatine
Leia as Boush
Kit Fisto

IMO, these are the best of the line so far and any one would be a good 1st figure.

Jabba & throne are awesome too.

The Yavin Luke is really the most sought after.:monkey3

Dude. That's not right. Don't tell him that.:lol

Seriously, I think Old Ben is definitely the one to start with. If you can find one, Jedi Luke is a great figure (and the first in the line). Leia as Boussch is also a great figure. Pick up the Medicom VCD Yoda. It's very nice and goes well with the SSC figures. After that, I'd wait for ther ANH Luke and Han that are coming out later this year.

No one said Jedi Luke!?!?! :confused: :D

Besides its scarcity, I'm not really satisfied with that figure anymore as the "definitive" Jedi Luke. It needs a better portrait, not like someone who suffered a stroke or saw a ghost. It deserves to be put on the Prometheus and most importantly, it needs the V2 saber.

ANH Obi-Wan is by far the best figure SSC have done and displayed with a Medicom VCD Yoda looks great in a Detolf,

obi2.jpg

I say Yavin Luke as I kid... I kid because I love--- this line.

Jabba and his throne are almost essential for the SW 1/6 line but you're talking about a large piece that will DOMINATE whatever room you plan on displaying him. But if you wanted to buy figures to build around a certain theme then I'd suggest picking him (and his throne) up and then subsequently grabbing: Bib ( a very well-done alien and very easy still to pick up at a reasonable price), Boushh (which really is an exceptional figure), the alien packs (Salacious etc.), and Jedi Luke... If you can't wait for the SSC release then see if you can get a good price on a Medicom Boba Fett (as I did) to round out the scene.

If that's not the direction that you're looking on going and just want a couple of figures to display I'd suggest the following:

1) Obi-Wan (ANH)-- just a tremendous capture
2) Luke (Bespin, ESB)-- but then that's a personal choice as it's my favourite Luke
3) Sidious/Palpatine two pack-- you've chosen a great time to be interested in this line as the last few releases have really nailed the likeness
4) Kit Fisto-- the best alien
5) Asajj-- best female SW 1/6

and then you're hooked from there.:D

Back