Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mithrandier

Super Freak
Reaction score
Form the Marvel website.

Matthew Vaughn Slated to Direct Thor Film
The God of Thunder is pleased
Posted: 2007-08-10 Updated: 2007-10-12 18:06:31

Matthew Vaughn

Thor's mystic hammer Mjolnir manipulates ferocious winds, boisterous bolts and pelting rain. And Marvel Studios has decided to grant mighty Mjolnir to Matthew Vaughn, red-hot director of "Stardust" and "Layer Cake."

After nearly linking up for X-MEN: THE LAST STAND, Marvel and Vaughn have struck a powerful accord to bring Thor and his expansive mythos to the big screen. As a director, Vaughn's films have been incredibly well-received. Both the gritty, underworld-flavored favorite "Layer Cake" and his latest effort "Stardust" have been praised by critics and fans alike. After seeing his latest effort, Premiere Magazine described the director by saying, "he can shift so smoothly between goofy and gruesome that you don't feel a thing that he doesn't want you to." His talent for meshing action, grit, fantasy and comedy is sure to play well with the God of Thunder.

Don't think that his résumé only includes these two movies, though. With producer credits for Guy Ritchie's opuses "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch," "Thor" is guaranteed to be a unique look at Lord Odin's favorite son. Onboard the Viking ship is writer Mark Protosevich, late of "Poseidon" and "The Cell." Story details are still under lock and key at the moment, but expect a fresh—yet faithful—approach to Thor's story.

Re: Thor (The Movie)

They practised on Storm in the X-Men films, now they can go for GOD in Thor.
I can't get Adventures in Babysitting out of my head when I think of Thor in movies. What a great entrance that was!

I think this movie needs to be very dark and have an R rating.
It could have the same type of heroism as wolverine in x men but with a touch of sin citys dark side.
This movie could work out very well , I can picture a scene of him on top of a large building with lightning behind him , brilliant.
I will try my best not to get excited about this because if its disappointing like I thought avp 2 was it really sucks to walk out of the cinema and think " Damn that was shizzle ! ".
I also really want to see the first trailer. And jory , it would be a great idea to have a deadpool movie as this character is brilliant and needs a bigger light shined on him. But I really think we need a captain America set in world war 2 time movie. It would be awesome :rock.
If anyone gets any more news on this please let us know and update the thread , thanks for making it gandalf.

I look forward to seeing a Thor movie. I like the rumor of Kevin McKidd playing Thor, but won't hold my breath. I'm sure they'll cast a younger "unknown" for the part.

VAUGHN ON THOR MOVIE
The 'Stardust' director talks about the Thor flick
By TJ Dietsch
Posted 3/10/2008
Empire Online got a chance to talk to “Stardust” director Matthew Vaughn about the status of the Thor film, his thoughts on the lead and the overall tone of the delayed flick:

“We’re in a holding pattern at the moment,” he said. “It’s up to Marvel, they have to decide if they want to make the movie and then we take it from there.”

“Well, the main role is going to be played by someone totally unknown,” he said. “It can’t be a star, it’s got to be someone totally unknown.”

“I think you have to respect that it is comic book and silly to be frank, so you have to combine that with a modern style and hopefully come up with something fresh. I think we can come up with something special.”

Link to post:https://www.wizarduniverse.com/031008vaughnthor.html

Like others have said, it could - "could" being the KEY word - interesting.

Not a fan of the Thor at all, but hmmmm...Could be good and I will probably go and see it anyway.

:D :p

The problem is Vaughn is a lousy, lousy director.

I still can't get over the things he did to Stardust. :(

/fingers crossed.

thor rules. please be good please be good please be good.

As long as Marvel keeps a tight leash on Vaughn (if he's actually the director) and as long as they throw out Protosevich's script (which I'd love to read, but am kinda afraid to since it all deals with the gods and not Thor's interaction with those on Midgard), well... I dunno... we'll see. Thor kicks serious ass, but it could potentially be the worst movie Marvel Studios puts out since Ang Lee's Hulk (even though Marvel Studios didn't really put out Hulk... Avi Arad was still involved).

Fingers crossed!!!!

It doesn't seem like Thor fits in very well with the world established so far in Iron Man and Hulk, and with the eventual Captain America (assuming they update his costume). I can see how those three are all linked and part of a basically coherent universe (military/industrial complex, super soldier serum, Nick Fury and SHIELD, etc.), but so help me I don't know how I would have responded if in the middle of Iron Man, Thor flew up with his big hammer and cape and winged helmet. It seems like he belongs in a different (fantasy) world than the scientific/military sci-fi setting we are getting in the other Marvel films.

If they handle it like they Ultimate Avengers handled it, it should be fine. Just not like the classic Thor. I don't know if people could handle the big red cape, helmet and yellow boots. :lol

Back