eBay Auction Tracking System for Sideshow*Weta Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

spaceman

Hello All,

I posted here a while back about a website I'd put together which catalogs sales data from eBay for Sideshow*Weta LOTR products. Since then several major cosmetic and functional upgrades have been made, and I'd like to invite you all back for a visit. The address is:

www.perspectivevirtual.com/weta/

The database is now updated every four hours automatically, and sorts the eBay query results by item to assign a 'value' index to each piece. Everything is included: figures, busts, helms, medallions, etc. Auctions which ended more recently are weighed more heavily than older ones, so that the 'current' prices are favored in the overall average. Several months of data is in place. There is a guestbook available as well, so please drop me a line with reactions. Also I'll be monitoring this thread for questions and comments.

thanks,
the SpaceMan

Re: eBay Auction Tracking System for Sideshow*Weta Collectib

sweet! I love this ste, I always use it as a guidleline for pricing

Thanks for that great site.

This is a great site!! :bow Good job linking everything together. I hope you can keep it updated.

Much thanks and gratitude!!!:rock

SauronsVengeance

Re: eBay Auction Tracking System for Sideshow*Weta Collectib

Thanks spaceman,

You site is great and the changes look very good.

:bow :b ow:bow :b ow:bow :b ow:bow :b ow:bow :b ow:bow

Napoleoncdn

auction tracking system

Is there not a way to exclude the bookends from the results for the Bilbo statue? As I've mailed you before, the Gandalf/Bilbo bookends falsify Bilbo's value by at least -$30. >:
He's my one of my most favourite statues!

the site

Luv the site keep up the good work!! I look at it every other day! Perfect for ebay and tracking the market! THANX FOR A GREAT SITE FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY!!!:toast

Re: the site

Very cool site thanks for putting in this work for all us wetaholics.

I check it out almost every day. There are some items that are mixed, like a Theoden helm on the statue section wich decreses the overall price. Other than that it's a really helpful tool.

Thanks a lot for this service. Keep it up :rock

Use this site a lot, he's on my tool bar, right next to the link to this site...keep up the good work... :rock

Ericske
Be

Site Corrections

:wave

Hi All,

Wow -- thanks for the great reception. It's really good to know several will find this useful.

Goldberry:
Your cries have been heard! Bilbo now has an exclusion filter on the word 'bookend', and the existing errors have been weeded out by hand. Thanks for the tip!

Ericske:
Thanks also for the word on the helms. Apparently there is a seller with the unfortunate (for me) habit of selling Helms with the word 'Statue' also in the title. No long-term fix yet, but several instances which existed were corrected.

Mistakes like these creep in when the parsing is done by machine. So -- I really appreciate news on misplaced listings like these examples. Sometimes it may help improve a systematic sorting anomaly.

Happy Collecting!
the SpaceMan

Good Job Spaceman

I am amazed at what you did. This is a great tool. You're a genius. Keep up the good wrk. I was on it for so long I did not know when to quit and nearly forgot to give you a praise. Thnx.:dance

Re: Good Job Spaceman

Spaceman, it was me that mentioned the helm not Ericske:b , I've saw other mixed items like that and understand it must be really hard for you to filter all those items, as people at Ebay list bust as statues just to get more views, really annoying. So if you like, I can help you out sending you emails with the mixed items I may find.

By the way excellent upgrades, the system is much easier to use now and the new layout looks great.

Wow, excellent work! I used this quite a bit when I am looking for values.

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

Excellent Site. A great resource that is much appreciated!

Re: oops

Goldberry: Your cries have been heard! Bilbo now has an exclusion filter on the word 'bookend', and the existing errors have been weeded out by hand.

you're a darling, thanks a lot. :grouphug

New Features

Hi All,

A couple new features to announce. First is a small newsboard (those here probably know it all already). The second is a set of banners that can be used to link back to the site. Some might want to employ these during auction listings. In that case, just edit the address to point toward the pricing details page of the item up for sale. I like site traffic and new collectors being introduced to the page, so thanks to those who link!

the SpaceMan :wave

Re: New Features

Do you recieve direct communications from God and do his work or it an email thing ?

Eitherway thanks!

Re: New Features

hey spaceman, its real good to hear from the guy who set up that site! its an awesome resource! :bow

love the new layout...it just gets better and better...

Back