International shipping charges - Sideshow wants to know!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

I copied this inquiry of Chicky's from another thread so it could get more attention -

"I have seen a few of you guys mention the expense of shipping to Austrailia. Are there other destinations that have this same complaint? Can you tell me the average cost you pay for shipping outside of the duties and territory taxes?

We were able to negotiate improved shipping rates from our carriers to Canada based on volume. We may be able to do that for other regions as well if we have the orders to support sparring with UPS/Fed Ex.

We initially were shipping some regions internationally with USPS but the lost package rate and non-returned shipments from this service were not cost effective.

I would love to get feedback to help improve the service. Only constructive comments requested, however. "

I live in Australia..and have been quoted by Sideshow $122.ooUS(!!!) for shipping a Morgul Lord to AUSTRALIA...And "about" $140.ooUS(!!!!!) to ship a Sauron as well....Anyone else in OZ have the same quotes?? You can see why some of us on the other side of the world have to limit what we buy...I mean sure, you can always buy from people here...But, ONE site has Sauron for about $550.ooAud..or about $390.ooUS..I am not sure how much they would charge for postage though..

Hi king of the Nazgul

I have had similar quotes and did raise this with bob @ sideshow and i believe he is looking into this. He has been awesome to deal with and i believe sideshow will do all they can to try and get us a better deal on the shipping.... Here is to awaiting cheaper shipping to be able to afford more statues...

Michael.

P.S i am in Victoria, Australia

Im in Melbourne, Australia, and have been quoted similar prices. As a result, I cancelled my order for Morgul Lord and Eowyn from Sideshow and placed order with a local retailer. I didnt have the guts to do this with Sauron though.

I've also bought larger items - such as Stone Trolls - from local retailer, but the lighter items I still buy and pay the shipping.

Having said that, I paid for Treebeard from the States. The piece arrived without damage, but I was shocked at how much I had to pay for shipping. Ever since I've been cautious...

If you guys can improve the shipping for us distant Aussies, we'd be eternally grateful! :grouphug

I'm also from Melbourne. There's tons of people from Australia on this board! If this board is anything to go by, there is most likely a lot of Australians ordering from Sideshow. I think it shouldn't be too difficult to get better shipping rates. Honestly, I would start buying directly from Sideshow more often and I'm sure others would as well.

Well, I sure hope they can do something... because paying the amount we pay for shipping, is not far from ridiculous..and makes one really think about ordering, so, I hope SS are listening (reading..:lol ).

shipping charges

the shipping charges from Sideshow's UK warehouse to Germany aren't an issue. What I've received was absolutely reasonable.
It's the VAT on top that makes the direct order so expensive in the end. :|

I've paid at least more than a statue's worth of postage to get stuff from sideshow to here. I would buy more through them if it wasn't so cost prohibitive.

Scriff

PS - hey gozum - you never answered my messages!! :dunno

Re: International shipping charges - Sideshow wants to know

sent a message back to you gozum.
Sorry to everyone else at this being OT.

I only once had an item shipped from SSW (and it was the tiny gollum EE companion piece) but anybody know what kind of shippingprices someone from the Netherlands can expect for Gandalfax, Sauron or ML (from the euro-warehouse)?

HI,

to Brazil the shipping cost of one regular statue is around US$100,00, almost the price of the statue itself, by USPS it drops to 50,00. If we consider a heavy one (Stone trolls, RWoS, etc..) it can be two or three times this.>: >: >:

My friend Rodlonghi can confirm this if he reads this topic.

I prefer to buy from sideshow but with these rates is impossible.

Great topic, thanks:wave

Yes, that's true Rodrigo. I just bought a RWoS last month and had to pay US$ 210 for shipping :bang . We both have lots of pre-ordered stuff with SS and am sure others also have.

By the way did you find any statue in your last trip to Miami ?

I think the least Sideshow could do is offer us some OPTIONS, I mean there have to be at least 4 different carriers they could use..And I am sure, 4 different price ranges...Maybe, to cut costs, a delayed shipping time of say 3-4 weeks, or something like that..( I mean does it matter..we WAIT so long for them anyway:lol :lol )..BUT, this should be an issue SS look at closely, because those shipping charges they quote us are VERY, VERY high. You guys in the US have no idea how "lucky" you are..

Here, here KotN! :toast

Let us have the items shipped by sea-mail... as you say, we're used to waiting for our statues, let us save some money for more WETAs :rollin

update

I have looked into the USPS shipping service ffor some of the items that you have been mentioning. For the size , weight and girth of the item and the fact that we need to use the USPS guaranteed document / tracking service it look slike even this will cost in the same range-$100 and change.

The economy service doesn't look trackable.

I will keep investigating this and hopefully we can improve the sservice befor ethe shipment of Sauron and Elessar.

Also, can posters make sure to mention their location, product ordered and ship cost with out taxes. This way I can compare all the specs with the destination. Its an apples to apples thing.

Thanks-
chicky

Re: update

I too wish Sideshow would use other carriers like USPS. I did some research and here's what it cost to ship a 17lbs Ringwraith on Steed statue from USA to Singapore in Asia.

USPS Global Express Mail(EMS) = US$88.40 (amount includes insurance for US$275)

FedEx International Economy = US$124.08

so if I were to use USPS, I would save about US$35. IMO, the amount saved can be used to purchase some other SSW product.

Re: update

Hi Everyone,

I'm still too busy at the moment to post regularly, but I do view the threads.
This particular one is interesting, because I too have complained several times about the shipping charges.
I'm very pleased that SSW is looking into it! :toast

Living in The Netherlands, we receive our items from the European warehouse, located in Kent, SE England.
The way the items are shipped, via courier, marks up the price per item with 50% or more. I've received a backordered weapon set where the shipping cost was actually higher than the item itself!

I understand the need for tracking the shipments, but the European postal services now offer this service as standard on their international European parcel lines.

One of my biggest grieves was the fact that some items were shipped separately, where they would easily have fitted in one box. I remember a situation where I received two boxes: one containing three helms and and one containing two helms... Needless to say, the shipping costs were killing. Especially when I received yet another box the next day!

I will be in the Kent for the next two weekends, but unfortunately they do not cater for pick-ups. I have a friend that lives just around the corner from the warehouse and I visit him several times a year. If only he could collect them for me :b

shipping costs

Good thread this, Hope it can sort out some of the costly postage issues,
I live in the UK and have yet to receive na item directly from SSW, do i have to pay more on top of the Sideshow price to have the item sent to me? Ie,courier costs? If i pay $200 for the morgul lord, and $20 for shipping, are there any costs on top of that which i need to take into account? :b

Back