How Flippable is the Ex. 1:6 Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, certainly not for European collectors:

Subtotal: $89.99

Tax (Est.): $23.10

Ship (Est.): $42.79

Grand Total: $155.78

I don't think someone would pay $160 for that figure on the secondary market. You touch a very good point here though. The new price doesn't help the flippers... but it's also not very good for the collectors. :monkey2

with a weak exclusive, only the die-hard fan will want to invest the bucks. but i also have seen a metaluna mutant sell for $150 because someone wanted the stupid clear plastic spaceship. was that seriously worth the extra $100? :lol

The real question--how flippable is my Indiana state quarter?

Indiana_quarter,_reverse_side,_2002.jpg

:lol State Quarter.

The larger the edition size the slimmer the chance of flippability. I have a feeling this edition size will be large enough for everyone who wants one to get one.

The edition size is probably the same year it came out. What was it 1982? that's how they did the original Star wars

Agreed. Those exclusives are horrible. :monkey1

That's a tad harsh, I think. Sure, the exclusives aren't essential, but an exclusive isn't really supposed to be. It's supposed to be a cool addition to an already cool piece. It would have been horrible to, say, have the golden idol as an exclusive. Then everyone would want the exclusive and very few people would lower themselves to the regular.

Keep in mind that Sideshow needs to sell both editions of the figure. They're not about to offer an exclusive that's going to leave thousands of regular editions liningt he shelves of their warehouse.

Sorry, guys - I'm new to 1/6 collecting but what's "flippability"?

with a weak exclusive, only the die-hard fan will want to invest the bucks. but i also have seen a metaluna mutant sell for $150 because someone wanted the stupid clear plastic spaceship. was that seriously worth the extra $100? :lol
Was not a clear plastic space ship, it was silver! :D But perhaps the very very lilmited Japanese edition with a PINK colored spaceship (ES 100 I belive) is worth that price to someone? I would love to have that version, but I wouldn't pay $150 for any of the three versions. It sure is one of my favotire 12" figures though. $50 retail btw... $50! How times and prices change!

Back