Indiana Jones customs (the end of an era)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedarkknight

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, we finally have a good Indiana Jones figure coming out and it is a little sad to me. Indy was the reason I started making customs, and now we don't need to. As tribute to out efforts, I thought we could all post images of our Indy customs.

IndianaJonesVersion5.jpg

The end of one era is really just the beginning of a whole new world.

Sideshow's INDY products will not kill customization of Indy figures... it will simply provide us with more and better options!

Heck, it took mere minutes for someone to point out how easy it will be to customize a Professor Indy figure thanks to the extra head announced with the "Raiders" figure.

:rock

Great idea! Indy has been the most popular custom figure for years -- it seems there's always some 12" Indy figure on ebay since 2000.

Here's mine:

IndianaJonesUltimateChrisKing1.jpg

I agree. They will still customize the Indy figures and do variations, but it won't be the same. He's what got most of us into customizing figures.

Personally, I only make a custom if there isn't a official version. After Indy, I did Doctor Who 9, and am working on Paul Maud'Dib from the Sci-Fi channels Dune. So, to me Indy is done.

Those are both terrific efforts, guys!

Here's to them! :duff

Thanks! I didn't make mine, I bought it. It was made by Shawn at Sovereign and Chris King (the UK Vader expert). I've had it since 2002 and it's still one of my best customs. It's been holding place for this SS Indy for a long time.

I hope I can get my new SS INDY to pose like this:

Raiderswhip.jpg

Heck, it took mere minutes for someone to point out how easy it will be to customize a Professor Indy figure thanks to the extra head announced with the "Raiders" figure.

Not for me. I love Indiana Jones and want my figures as accurate as possible. Indy is clean shaven with specific glasses. Unless I can manage a repaint or get someone to do it, its still not complete without those glasses not to mention the suit color and bowtie which would be the trick.

I'm not customizer but I think if anything this really opens the door to whats been going on.

I think the Professor Jones version of the Sideshow Indy would be great to see. I even know where to get the perfect glasses. They are in a Horizon Prof. Henry Jones, Sr. vinyl model kit. I was going to use them for a Clark Kent custom, but I think I'll save them for a Professor Indiana Jones.

Also, there's another idea: Club Obi-Wan Indy in tux. Think about it. Sideshow Legacy Sean Connery Bond jacket, new Sideshow Raiders Indy...:D

My Sovereign Studios Indy. I think I may be the only one who got this head, which, for some reason, Shaun was unable to reproduce afterwards. I may also be the only one who preferred a Sideshow body to his usual Dragon.

As an added bonus for this thread, here's my review of the figure (with original head) from Michael Crawford's site.

indiana79db.jpg

indiana68as.jpg

indiana53gy.jpg

indiana41te.jpg

indiana37ex.jpg

indiana20pu.jpg

indiana10md.jpg

That looks great Mikey... nice to see it again. I remember reading that review a long time ago.

I really think that we will see a lot more custom Indys now that SSC is releasing theres. But for those of us who just want to buy one we are starting out with a great product :rock

I love my Sovereign Indy. It has been displayed proudly for a long time. I honor the work that went into it and the artistry that crafted it.

All the same, I am really looking forward to Sideshow's Indiana. I was briefly tempted to use some of the custom Indy's parts for Sideshows figure, but I'd much rather keep him whole.

Ironically, I'll be making my first Indy custom because of the Sideshow release. I'll be replacing the Sideshow head with the one Les just finished painting for me.

I always like Shaun's Indy figure. Between that and the Toys McCoy, that was the whole reason my brother and I got into customizing Indy. That and both options were, and are very expensive.:lol

Back