Gentle Giant 2008 Lineup

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy the animated maquette line, though the Emperor is my first order from it and it looks great at TF, but it's saddening to me that when they get around to Maul, they give him Sith lighting and a horrible pose. I was hoping they'd do him but this is just not a good Maul representation. It really demonstrates a lack of understanding the character.

IMG_8352.JPG

IMG_8351.JPG

I do however like the Old Ben, as an Obi-Wan fan.

IMG_8359.JPG

And just look at this Emperor, lots of detail and looks great.

IMG_8337.JPG

IMG_8340.JPG

ALL IMAGES BORROWED FROM REBELSCUM TF COVERAGE

That is a weird pose for Maul. It's almost like he's wondering whats that in his hand. I think its cool they did him bare chested though.

That is a weird pose for Maul. It's almost like he's wondering whats that in his hand. I think its cool they did him bare chested though.

I love that fact, I just wish the design of the statue was more true to character. It's pretty shocking, all the other animated maquette's have captured the character very well but this one is too interpretive and likely will be the only Maul in the line sadly.

I really like Maul and think its very cool they went with the shirt off to show the body tats. I will be getting that to add to the collection and put with the Emperor. Obi-Wan looks great but I will be passing on it.

I don't really like these at all, I mean Palpatine is cool but I think Maul looks a little too "Whatchutalkin'bout' Willis?" and Ben looks meager. I think I am stopping with this line with the Emperor. They should have stuck with non human characters.

thats the wort character representation Ive seen in a while - Maul cant shoot lightning, can he?? At least I dont remember him ever doing so.

LAME

To each their own, but this style doesn't do anything for me..

Sure like that Aayla Secura bust though...that's a "must-have" for sure!
Would like to see how the ROTS Anakin turns out in production too...could be a great companion piece to the Vader/Reveal bust of a couple years back...

thats the wort character representation Ive seen in a while - Maul cant shoot lightning, can he?? At least I dont remember him ever doing so.

LAME

It doesn't even look like lightning it looks like a handful of ice.
I know it's hard to make lighting...but sheeeesh.
:chew:emperor:maul

Man that Maul is just lame looking... talk about coming out of left field. I guess on the plus side it sure is different, but that's not always a good thing.

Thats the Maul from the cartoon and the comics, I wouldn't expect anything else in a animated line.

Thats the Maul from the cartoon and the comics, I wouldn't expect anything else in a animated line.

It's the look of him, but the pose and addition of Sith lightning are not Darth Maul, they're artistic liberty and poor choosing.

I hated the maul at first, but after looking at it a few more times, its growing on me. hough I wish they had made it like the EU GG statue/ Or with the hood up, THere are so many possibilities that its always going to annoy people when they do a final piece.
I LOVE the Old Ben, would look great with the PF Obi close by, almost in the same pose, I think the statue shows old arthritic Ben rather than fresh Obi from PT

I agree that there are just so many things wrong with this representation of Maul. Even if it made sense to give him Sith lightning, it looks odd coming out of his glove. Plus Maul is fairly short but this maquette looks like he'll probably be as tall as Vader.

This pose would have made a lot more sense for a Dooku maquette.

Back