Gandalf 12" up for order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$90 ?

Yikes...

Should be available for awhile, edition size TBD.

I don't do 12" , so pass for me.

nailed an exclusive. i can't believe the exclusive sold out already! :lol got to be a record. 4 minutes. :rotfl

I love the sculpt but the costume looks like gray jedi robes instead of the woolly texture his robes had.

I guess $100 for a 12" toy is gonna be the norm from here on out.

I paid $95 Shipped for my "OUTDATED" GTG Weta statue. I guess I should "UPGRADE" to this figure instead...

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I think they will need to explain this price hike during a chat or Ask Sideshow or somewhere! That is a big jump all at once!

these are HOT TOYS priced now...I dont care the price , but if I buy the Gi Joe line, I want at least a new body for that kind of money.

I have him ordered, but this new price point will certainly cut into how much I can order...I used to get all sorts of 1:6 Sideshow lines, but I'll have to much choosier at this cost.:monkey2

$90 ?

Yikes...

Should be available for awhile, edition size TBD.

I don't do 12" , so pass for me.

i think they put both exclusive and regular up because ss expects the exclusive to be gone by the time they return on tuesday. although the price hurts, this line hasn't been lighting it up with new release announcements. now all we need for the fellowship is a merry/pippin two pack and gimli!!!

while Im sure the price hike will dominate the discussion, he does look great.... :monkey1

Okay, my initial gut check is $90 - ouch, but the LOTR figures have been more expensive than Star Wars for a while...I am not hugely comfortable with it, but the quality looks really nice in the photos. Maybe I am trying to justify things to myself though:rotfl

The sculpt looks good, and the outfit looks really nice, but will likely need a little weathering a la Aragorn. Gandalf looks like he has been living outside for years, not like he stepped out a dry cleaners!

Gandalf looks great but IMO he's not worth $90.

Why is this figure so much more than any of the other figures???:confused:

If you are going to charge Hot Toys prices, then you should be getting a Hot Toys quality product which he isn't. I'm not saying that he's horrible I am quite happy with it but at least SS could have included some more accessories. $75 would be about perfect.

The sculpt of Gandalf looks amazing...love the facial expression and likeness. The beard looks a little FULL, but overall...very impressive. Now...the price point. The others were 65-80 bucks and the hobbits alone are 70 each. So...I don't mind paying a bit extra for LOTR, but the sculpt and likeness and accessories better be top notch. In this case...my only complaint so far is the COSTUME...it LOOKS nice, but that is the problem...Gandalf the GREY should be WORN, DIRTY, BATTLE ravaged, etc....hate to pay $90 for th figure and THEN have to do a bunch of customizing to get the costume just right.

Geb

Still though...this was an EASY purchase for me.

Back