Outer Limits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
As a kid, I always enjoyed the Outer Limits reruns more than Twilight Zone, although I have to admit that was largely because they had more cool monsters, and as a kid I loved me monsters.

I really wished we'd gotten a few more beasties out of the SS line before it ended. Damn, wouldn't an alien from Architects of Fear been kick ass? I'm surprised that's one that hasn't been remade into a movie, since it seems ripe for it with today's special effects. Or how about the box creature? Or one of a dozen other goofy old sci-fi monsters...ah well, at least we got the handful of exceptional ones we did.

Just being a little wistful while watching an old episode tonight.

As a kid, I always enjoyed the Outer Limits reruns more than Twilight Zone, although I have to admit that was largely because they had more cool monsters, and as a kid I loved me monsters.

I really wished we'd gotten a few more beasties out of the SS line before it ended. Damn, wouldn't an alien from Architects of Fear been kick ass? I'm surprised that's one that hasn't been remade into a movie, since it seems ripe for it with today's special effects. Or how about the box creature? Or one of a dozen other goofy old sci-fi monsters...ah well, at least we got the handful of exceptional ones we did.

Just being a little wistful while watching an old episode tonight.

I'm with you Michael! But I still love TZ more because of the twist endings! TV used to be so simple and enjoyable!!!

Oh, man - I forgot all about that series! Has that ever made it to DVD? There were some great writers on that show, like Robert Bloch and Dan Simmons...

Well, I am kinda biased since my favorite TV show is The Twilight Zone. I watched all of the OUTER LIMITS back to back when I got my DVD's in from amazon. I like them, but they are 30 minutes to long. The Twilight Zone worked because it was 30 minutes or 26 without commercials, whereas the Outer Limits was 52 minutes. That's why the hour long Zones didn't work as well. Did the Outer Limits have better monsters? Yes they did. The Inheritors was by far the best of the series as far as storytelling went, but the Zanti Misfits was one of the more "Twilight Zone-ish" kind of stories, and it was fun. But both series are great for what they are and what they brought to television. Hell James Cameron ripped of 3 episodes to make Terminator.

Yea, the writing of OT was never at the quality of TZ, but I did love the monsters. In fact, the OT episodes that were more Tzish in nature, like The Man With the Power, really don't do anything for me.

love the Outer Limits
love The Twilight Zone
love Monsters
love Amazing Stories
love Tales from the Darkside
love Tales from the Crypt
love Alfred Hitchcock Presents

like The Night Gallery

love the Outer Limits
love The Twilight Zone
love Monsters
love Amazing Stories

like The Night Gallery

Yeah, after TZ, The Night Gallery just didn't seem to live up to it's predecessors...

love the Outer Limits
love The Twilight Zone
love Monsters
love Amazing Stories

like The Night Gallery

This is a great list. Tales From The Dark Side is one of my favorites and I was glued to the tv every week when I was a kid and Amazing stories came on.

When I was a child I watched an episode but don't remember from what series.

Story went as follows:

Modern time - city
A gentleman has a studentsroom for rent in his house.
He has strict rules - no visitors after 10 pm, no partying, and not open the little door in one of the corners of that room.
A nice looking girl moves in.
After a while she hears some noises in her room (when she is in bed) and has the feeling something is running around.
She neglects the warnings and open the little door, but doesn't find anything.
Few weeks pass and strange things happens during nighttime.

In the end student is killed by a very deformed human creature.
This creature is the daughter of owner

Tried to explain in my best English.
Have searched inetrnet and Imdb but have no clue where to find it.
Always wanted to watch this episode again, but itwas so scary I could not sleep well for many nights.

This is a great list. Tales From The Dark Side is one of my favorites and I was glued to the tv every week when I was a kid and Amazing stories came on.

They've been playing the hell out of Tales from the Darkside on SciFi lately... its pretty terrible overall, but fun to watch.

My favorite is still TZ, and as a kid I was really into Amazing stories. Actually just caught one of the movies on TV the other day... it was the one with the family dog cartoon. Hadn't seen that in years :rock

yeah me too...that and the color versions of Sir Alfred. TFTDS scared me though. most of the others I only saw when i was older and the cable channels started replaying them. I didn't know the night gallery existed until a few months ago watching the Chiller channel.

love the Outer Limits
love The Twilight Zone
love Monsters
love Amazing Stories

like The Night Gallery
That is a practically perfect list! I'd juggle the order around a little, but otherwise it contains all of the right stuff.

And for all of you whippersnappers who watched Outer Limits and Twilight Zone on DVD, or in "reruns", let me tell you there was no substitute for watching them in prime time, first run, back in the 60's. Looking back, I'm still amazed that my parents let me watch them at all, considering how young I was, but those two programs are largely responsible for my whole perspective on sci fi and horror.

Well, I was a couple years too young to watch OT and TZ first run - I was born in 61 - but I saw Night Gallery prime time, and I watched the others in reruns during the late 60's. Those, along with STTOS and all the wonderful 50's B movies, set my tastes for horror and sci-fi for the rest of my life.

I really wish we cold get the TZ and OL lines back. I still want a Rod Serling, even if it is unlikely.

You can get a custom Rod Serling head by Andy Bergholtz that is fantastic, I think their might still be a few available. Check the commerce section.

Back