Poorly repainted red/gold light up Iron Man on ebay - fake ebay auctions are evil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stealth Iron man repainted

Seller makes it sound like it is NOT a repaint and just like the one Sideshow sold. Had to report him.

Nice going. I agree. I read that and was like, love how he leaves the part that this is a manipulated piece. Although I wouldn't snitch, but I am not feeling sorry if he gets in trouble either. Honesty in this case is the best policy and he was with holding important information.

Seller makes it sound like it is NOT a repaint and just like the one Sideshow sold. Had to report him.

Thanks for looking out for the morons. :rolleyes:

Seriously, if they can't see the difference, let them be ignorantly happy with it.

Almost looks like they used model paint & painted over the lenses of the leds in gold,still shines through pretty good.

see that's the problem. even w/ the lenses painted yellow the lights still shine thru red, maybe a tad orange. we need yellow lights!

but i agree about the paint job on that one. doesn't look that good to me. looks like it wasn't prepared properly. don't think it was stripped. think it was just painted on over the blue. paint looks thick and chunky.

to be fair, it's not as if he's trying to pass this off as Iron Man. He clearly states that it is "Iran Man" in his auction

see that's the problem. even w/ the lenses painted yellow the lights still shine thru red, maybe a tad orange. we need yellow lights!

but i agree about the paint job on that one. doesn't look that good to me. looks like it wasn't prepared properly. don't think it was stripped. think it was just painted on over the blue. paint looks thick and chunky.

The paint looks horrible. Chunky, wrong colors, no detailing. Definitely not a professional job.

I'm going to recast the lenses when I redo Iron Man. I'd love to change the lights and still haven't decided about that - it will be very invasive, most likely involve damaging/breaking open the figure which will need repairing before applying new paint.

Looks like repainting is a trend, there is a repainted one up on Ebay

I don't like that repaint at all. The red is too orangeish and doesn't have that metallic shine. Overall, looks cheap, IMO.

plus this guys feedback and overall ratings are sketchy.

to be fair, it's not as if he's trying to pass this off as Iron Man. He clearly states that it is "Iran Man" in his auction

1978466971_1999998627_180605_337x253_ahmadinejad.jpe

seems like he's drawing interest for his piece o crap from the diane fund auction. the bidding is already higher than the going rate of a sim. i hope his auction gets taken down. :monkey4

The paint looks horrible. Chunky, wrong colors, no detailing. Definitely not a professional job.

I'm going to recast the lenses when I redo Iron Man. I'd love to change the lights and still haven't decided about that - it will be very invasive, most likely involve damaging/breaking open the figure which will need repairing before applying new paint.

do we even know what color the LED lights are under the lenses? if they're red then yeah they'd need to be changed but they may be clear/white w/ just the lenses being red.

seems like he's drawing interest for his piece o crap from the diane fund auction. the bidding is already higher than the going rate of a sim. i hope his auction gets taken down. :monkey4

That is why I encourage everyone to report him. He is trying to make his sound like the charity version. That is just low taking advantage of a charity item by pretending his is just like that one.

If everyone reports him, chances are it will get pulled. Even sneakier is that it is a 'private' auction so we can't even worn the (stupid) bidders.

do we even know what color the LED lights are under the lenses? if they're red then yeah they'd need to be changed but they may be clear/white w/ just the lenses being red.

The lights are red as well as the lenses being red.

That is why I encourage everyone to report him. He is trying to make his sound like the charity version. That is just low taking advantage of a charity item by pretending his is just like that one.

If everyone reports him, chances are it will get pulled. Even sneakier is that it is a 'private' auction so we can't even worn the (stupid) bidders.

Reporting Ebay auctions is lame in my book. Let the sellers pawn their stuff. If someone buys it shame on them. Don't make me break out my internet police song. :rolleyes:

Back