What is left??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
I think I have finally reached my collecting limits. Either I'm just not interested anymore or I am getting too picky. I only have two preorders right now and I am apathetic towards purchasing those two. While I really like the red skull PF I have a gut feeling it won't live up to my expectations. I also just don't know if I'm 100 percent happy with the anakin exclusive PF. Nothingelse in the pipeline even remotely interests me. I guess its finally time to take a break in collecting. I constantly say this timeand time again, but suddenly something amazing comes out and renews my excitement--- I have lost that feeling.
What do you guys think???

I haven't had it happen to me yet.... I find myself spending less money on ebay for figures that I missed, but I still have those that I look forward to.. Even if they haven't been made yet.

I guess for me, it's different. If something I want isn't coming, I just fight to make it. So things never get dull or unexciting.

But I can understand what you are saying bro, you just have to look at what you do have and ask yourself if it makes you happy. If the figures on your shelf still make you smile and you can't imagine living in a place where they are not on a shelf somewhere in it. If the answer is no, maybe it IS time to move on.

But if the answer is yes, perhaps you are just in a rough spot and nothing out there is interesting you at the moment.

I think I have finally reached my collecting limits. Either I'm just not interested anymore or I am getting too picky. I only have two preorders right now and I am apathetic towards purchasing those two. While I really like the red skull PF I have a gut feeling it won't live up to my expectations. I also just don't know if I'm 100 percent happy with the anakin exclusive PF. Nothingelse in the pipeline even remotely interests me. I guess its finally time to take a break in collecting. I constantly say this timeand time again, but suddenly something amazing comes out and renews my excitement--- I have lost that feeling.
What do you guys think???

you are controlling your addiction. if it doesn't please you anymore, go with your gut and save your money.

This happens to everyone at some point no matter what there are collecting. Its not a feeling of completion but rather a feeling of apathy towards collecting in general, as if nothing is exciting about the chase or aquisition anymore. Even going after past pieces have lost their zeal. This stems from dozens of issues ranging from personal to financial but it usually ends one of three ways: A: You find a piece down the line that excites and interests you to the point of reinvigorating your collection or even refocusing your collection to stay excited. B: You switch what you collect, you move on to something else that is new and give you more of a push to get involved or C: You leave collecting all together for a brief stint then return a minimalist to collect only the pieces you really regret selling and stay that way for a good long time...

The Collector's Seven Year Itch is a funny thing...

I agree. My days are dwindling fast.

with a baby on the way Ive known this though. and am comfortable with it.,
I think I have 1 or 2 preorders. Both of which will probably be cancelled.

SSE Creature may very well be my last SS piece for awhile.... :monkey1

.. Im kind of getting tired of spending my $$ on collectibles anyway tbh

I say you just think on it for a while, and sort out what it is you really want. The good thing about the 2 PF's is that you've got a while to really just think about it. Then, when you get a 'shipping to Sideshows warehouse' notice, then you can decide.

Whenever I go through this, another thing that helps me is to look at what I have on my shelves/boxed up in storage and really think, "Do I want all of these, or are there some I can part with and make some $$$ off of?" That way, you can get rid of some things you aren't truly attached to. That usually does three things: Clears up space, gets you money, and gives your collection breathing room, allowing you to see if you want more things.

Also, my collecting has now come down to one single idea. If I WANT it, truly want it, i'll buy it. If I think, "Oh, this looks cool...", then I usually end up passing. Get to the point where you only buy things you really want.

Sorry for the long write up, but hopefully it helps.

"When masturbation's lost its fun you're ****ing breaking" - Green Day - Longview

hold on now! :lol if that ever gets old, use the other hand while listening to madonna's like a virgin. :rotfl

I usually only feel that way if I overspend and I am feeling guilty about it. Otherwise I would say if you need a break, take it. You prolly need it.

hold on now! :lol if that ever gets old, use the other hand while listening to madonna's like a virgin. :rotfl

Or just sit on your hand and wait until it falls asleep then think its a stranger while you go.......so I've heard....:monkey3:lol

I feel the same way right now.

For the next 2 years school is going to be hectic and I have made my decision to concentrate on that before anything else. I am deciding to stay only with Marvel and Predator diorama. Furthermore, I will be buying ONLY the ones that interest me. Guilty conscience no longer exist within me.

I have stopped buying things for the most part. I still really like this stuff so it's more about the money with me. This hobby is too damn expensive. A piece of 12" plastic that cost $100+...no wonder people think we are crazy. :monkey1

I have stopped buying things for the most part. I still really like this stuff so it's more about the money with me. This hobby is too damn expensive. A piece of 12" plastic that cost $100+...no wonder people think we are crazy. :monkey1

I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind/There was something so pleasant about that phase./Even your emotions had an echo/In so much space.....:lol

I made the decision a while ago to basically sell most everything and only keep a few things. Only reason I still have so much is because I am waiting for the right time to sell certain things.

I made the decision a while ago to basically sell most everything and only keep a few things. Only reason I still have so much is because I am waiting for the right time to sell certain things.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

If we combined forces with bob we could rule the world!

I find myself in a similar situation as well. My problem is though that I feel claustrophobic. I have too much stuff. Before figures/statues, I collected books and DVDs and CDs. Now with those on shelves (actually only about 1/3 of my books are out, the rest are boxed up) and all my figures/statues, my apartment feels cluttered. There is too much going on and rather than giving me joy, it makes me feel disorganized. I never thought this day would happen....for financial reasons, I cut back quite a bit....but even now with the few things I do get, I have no room for them and it seems to just be adding more to my clutter rather than making me feel happy. I feel weighed down. My finances are under control...so it's more a feeling of being overwhelmed. After SDCC, I'm going to be becoming a minimalist, in all my collections. I have a very strong need to purge right now and really keep only a few select pieces....then I feel I will be able to appreciate them all the greater and regain that spark and desire that they originally gave me when I first bought them. Having my home be more organized and less cluttered, will give me the sense of peace, that I now realize I am missing.

I have made a bunch of cancellations in the last few days, mainly due to money issues, but I am thinning out my collection too. Its growing way to fast and I am running low on room.

I hope that my tight money situation right now actually forces me into a stricter buying habit.

Stop,sit back, and look at and enjoy what ya have.Instead of trying to get the next "big thing"

Back