The Art History of LES...and other tales of woe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Walker

Digging my way out!
Reaction score
Just a thread to show some of my OTHER art...lost in time....

When I worked at the Jacksonville Zoo in the mid to late 90's, and we painted LARGE exhibits, like this one, for the Great Apes exhibit (which I designed all this art before we painted it...)

0007.jpg

That's Sergei, Misha, Me, and Ken, all the art department there was. Yes, WE did all this paint stuff....in the hottest summer in Florida, 1998, when all those fires were burning north Florida...

Ken and I on ladders painting rocks onto flat concrete

0008.jpg

Back to my old College days...
Me painting a RAMBO poster for a video store back in the day...it was a 3-D thing with the rocket launcher coming out of the picture...
0009.jpg

Note Shai Hulud themed DUNE shirt I designed and wore often back then...

After a night of fun photos of Ann...NO! I won't post those! I just thought she was nice enough to post. That image of the girl on the wall is my art however...
0002.jpg

And, the "set" for my video, FINGER OF FRANKENSTEIN. It is inside a cardboard box...with figures for a video short I did.

0010.jpg

That's the monster and Doctor Frankenfinger. He was made from a tube with a skull and folded napkins. We had no budget.

More to come when I can scan some actual art.
Til then, enjoy.

Last edited:
Oh, and me in High School! My homemade ALIEN costume was not finished yet, so I went to school on Halloween day, with the head and one hand and an overcoat to hide the rest! This is in the lunch line that day. This shot made the annual for that year....(NO one knew what in hell an ALIEN was back then...it was before it came to my hometown in 1979)

0012.jpg

Made with a skull model and poster board, and lots of masking tape and vacuum cleaner tubing! Later that afternoon I finished the whole costume!
I won a costume contest that night (They called me "Alligator Man", and sold the whole shebang for $100 to a drunk guy outside the bar, and NO photos of it remain... :monkey2

That's just sick :rock and perverted Les. :monkey3

I wonder what the simians thought of your wall. I hope they didn't knock themselves out trying to jump onto the rocks.

Ann. Now that's art. :drool

Oh, and me in High School! My homemade ALIEN costume was not finished yet, so I went to school on Halloween day, with the head and one hand and an overcoat to hide the rest! This is in the lunch line that day. This shot made the annual for that year....(NO one knew what in hell an ALIEN was back then...it was before it came to my hometown in 1979)

0012.jpg

Made with a skull model and poster board, and lots of masking tape and vacuum cleaner tubing! Later that afternoon I finished the whole costume!
I won a costume contest that night (They called me "Alligator Man", and sold the whole shebang for $100 to a drunk guy outside the bar, and NO photos of it remain... :monkey2

That's badass.:rock:rock:rock

0012.jpg

nice costume man!! and i live in a hick town. i bet half the town wouldnt know what that thing is today. if it doesnt have anything to do with football or hunting, people round here are clueless.:lol

It's very cool to see these old pics, Les. What a ladies man! :rock

Please post more pics of your art and women.

Nice shots Les! Love that one of you and Ann.... good GOD was she HOT. :lol

I love seeing the photos of your past work, I remember when we went through your old albums and talked about the past work you did... And it really is funny that many skills that you learned throughout your years all come into play somewhat with your customs. At least stylistically. You should show them the pics of that floor and pillars that you painted to look like Marble. That still astounds me, just thinking about it. :google

I'll do that, Josh. I have some shots of that marbled stuff somewhere...
And yeah...Ann....:monkey5 What a naughty one she was! :naughty

Anyway, some more art soon. Thanks for the comments guys.

How could Ann resist you, a cool artist sporting the "members only"... she didn't have a chance :rock

0009.jpg

That's so cool less, I was excited when you were discussing this piece with me, very cool to see an in progress shot. Impressive to see how good you are with a brush beyond figures, that's just incredible, I'd own that poster if it were ever possible, and you willing to part with it haha.

Back