Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 1 of 99 123451151 ... LastLast
    Blue Flame of the West/Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    Default WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (book SPOILERS)

Alan Moore's brilliant graphic novel Watchmen might finally be making its way to the big screen after a long history of false starts, studio interruptions and a veritable merry-go-round of directors hopping on and off the project over the last twenty years.

This time, the unfilmable work could actually start filming this summer due to the positive pre-release buzz on current director Zach Snyder's adaptation of "300."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5207

I dearly hope that this is true.

Is it too early for Sideshow to get to work on obtaining the license?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Watchmen is a DC franchise, I highly doubt it'll work with SST's marvel thing... maybe HOT TOYS or MEDICOM would get it.

Hidden Content
    They want me to come out of the dark…but I won’t
    I won’t.
    I’ll stay here.
    Where it’s safe.
    Safe from them…

Administrator
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    Don't see it coming from SSC, maybe DCD or competing figures from Takara, HT and Medicom...

I'm mixed. The comic is SO GREAT no movie will do it justice period! But that wouldn't stop me from seeing it. I'm not gonna be a fanboy like "IT HAS TO BE GOOD" because almost all movies based on Moores work suck, and especially suck next to the comics. It's not even like the suck ONLY in comparison to the comics, but they're bad movies overall. So I'm not getting my hopes up.
    I rule. It's a FACT.

Formerly Congerking
    Feedback

Well Kelly, most movies based on his work do suck, but I thought V For Vendetta was pretty good. Sure, not as good as the original work, but far superior to anything ever done before that was based on his work. If done right, I could see Watchmen being quite good.

Blue Flame of the West/Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    Let's see how the director does adapting 300, and then we'll have an idea about his approach to Watchmen. It sounds like he wants to be pretty faithful.

And I guess that there's no chance of Sideshow doing something with a DC property. Didn't think about that...

Nexus 6
    Feedback
    I've been waiting for a Watchmen movie for a looong time. I'm not going to get my hopes up until they actually start shooting.

I have a nice collection of Watchmen items, but I don't think I would buy 6" figures. I believe DCD actually made prototype figures a few years ago. They even had photos of them in ToyFare. Then Moore shot them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Batty
    I've been waiting for a Watchmen movie for a looong time. I'm not going to get my hopes up until they actually start shooting.

I have a nice collection of Watchmen items, but I don't think I would buy 6" figures. I believe DCD actually made prototype figures a few years ago. They even had photos of them in ToyFare. Then Moore shot them down.
    From what I understand Moore hates everything anyone does of his work. This thread reminds me I need to read Watchmen again.

Nexus 6
    Feedback
    I found some pics of the DCD proto figures shown in 2000. It looks like these were the only 3 made. Notice the translucent Dr. Manhattan variant in the back.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Follow gdb On Twitter Follow gdb on Tumblr Visit gdb's Youtube Channel
    The Watchmen takes me back to the 80s...
    Hidden Content
    OPEN for commissions! Check me out on YouTube! Hidden Content