'Jaws' Actor Scheider Dies at 75

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You're going to need a bigger coffin.

He will be missed. Always have loved Jaws and he was great in it. I wonder if this will increase or decrease our chances of seeing a Brody figure now?

THAT SUCKS!!! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I loved Roy Scheider as an actor. Chief Brody in JAWS, Captain Bridger on SeaQuest DSV, even his small bit as Castle's father in The Punisher was good, and he seemed in good health.

R.I.P. Roy

Wow, that stinks. He was a great actor. I had no idea he was 75 already. My two favorite roles of his were Jaws and Blue Thunder.

It's crazy to learn how old some actors are at their peak. Scheider was already 43 when he made JAWS.

RIP Roy.... It's terrible to hear that he passed, only solace I can take in his death is that he is now free of pain and suffering. Safe at home in the big blue above. :duff

He will be missed... :monkey2

This is terrible news!:monkey2 He was always Brody when I was a kid, but he is amazing in Marathon Man and All That Jazz...

He will be missed.

My local news had this as breaking news. I was very sad to hear that Roy Scheider had died.
He was a great actor and I'll always remember him as Chief Martin Brody.
I guess people are right when they say celebs die in 3's.
Heath Ledger
Shell Kepler(General Hospital)
Roy Scheider

Interesting obit trivia:Offered a leading role in “The Deer Hunter” (1979), Mr. Scheider had to turn it down in order to fulfill his contract with Universal for a sequel to “Jaws.” (The part went to Robert De Niro.)

He was good in 2010 as well.

In addition to all the roles mentioned, I enjoyed him as Dr. Benway in David Cronenberg's film of William S. Burroughs' NAKED LUNCH.

Back