Officially Done with EB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
Ok I have threatened before but this time I am done. They will get no more trade ins, no more money, nothing from me ever! I am tired of being lied too and the attempts at manipulation to every day customers is just crazy. What now you ask? I go in and ask for Lost Odyssey. The kid tells me its not out. I thanked him and went to walk away and his manager says to me "You better pre-order it." I tell him no thank you. He then says "Thats fine we wont have extra copies." I say you know what thats fine because I will buy it else where. As stated before they get rated as stores by how many pre-orders they get. So they will tell the customer anything to get them. Then when a game is released lots of stores will actually tell you they don't have any. When in fact they hide them in the back. This is their attempt at trying to teach the customer a lesson. They figure if they lie the next time you will pre-order. I have caught them in various lies. No more will I go through this crap. I might even write the company a letter.

Thought you would've learned your lesson by now buddy. EB sucks! Employees there never know what the hell they're talking about. My dog knows more about video games than they do.

I NEVER go to EB or Gamestop, I always get my games at Target or Best Buy, either that or I rent them from Gamefly (they also have a buy option for cheaper than stores).

We should all pool our money and open a game store where people actually know WTF they're talking about.

I think that means we'd need to be the ones working there too.

I'm a hardcore geek. I worked at gamestop for 4 and a half years. I was a 2nd assistant Manager, and eventualy an assistant manager. I stayed after gamestop Bought EB games, and was eventualoy fired becuase the new district manager did not approve of the way I worked with my customers.
We had policies in place to only hire people who knew games, and could be usefull to the customers. however during the last year i was there, several of the policies started to change. For one, we were incouraged to LIE to the customers inorder to get reservations. We were told to " do whatever it takes to get them to reserve a game, get a discount card/ magazine subscription, and spend 100$ in the store" treat every customer like that. Also, minimize your contact with them, spend no more than 5 minites with them, if you can't help them within that time frame, then tough luck, move on.
When I started with them, they were a great place to work, and a joy to be a part of. By the time i was dismissed, there had been so many... changes.
I suppose having a store manager who would cheat on payroll and doctor hours to prevent paying overtime, and having a District Manager who would look the otherway at this weekly activity should have tipped me off, eh?

Point is, DOn't shop there. I don't and I'd recomend no one else do it either.
You're promoting shoddy buisness practices, and rewarding bad behavior

Shame too, Dick Fontaine was a nice guy.

Yeah, it's true. I've heard stories where they get a new game in and if you want to buy it they'll ask if you have a preorder and if you don't then they'll say they don't have extra copies, but then they'll miraculously find a copy but they'll only sell it to you if you buy a preorder.

And really the only reason for preorders is because they will have that money where they lose nothing and they can get interest on it for several months before they ever get the game.

I usually just buy from Wal-Mart or something, or even Newegg.com which usually has a few dollars off regular price when games come out (They had the Halo 3 Legendary Edition for $120 instead of $130) and no Gamestop hassles.

I'm a hardcore geek. I worked at gamestop for 4 and a half years. I was a 2nd assistant Manager, and eventualy an assistant manager. I stayed after gamestop Bought EB games, and was eventualoy fired becuase the new district manager did not approve of the way I worked with my customers.
We had policies in place to only hire people who knew games, and could be usefull to the customers. however during the last year i was there, several of the policies started to change. For one, we were incouraged to LIE to the customers inorder to get reservations. We were told to " do whatever it takes to get them to reserve a game, get a discount card/ magazine subscription, and spend 100$ in the store" treat every customer like that. Also, minimize your contact with them, spend no more than 5 minites with them, if you can't help them within that time frame, then tough luck, move on.
When I started with them, they were a great place to work, and a joy to be a part of. By the time i was dismissed, there had been so many... changes.
I suppose having a store manager who would cheat on payroll and doctor hours to prevent paying overtime, and having a District Manager who would look the otherway at this weekly activity should have tipped me off, eh?

Point is, DOn't shop there. I don't and I'd recomend no one else do it either.
You're promoting shoddy buisness practices, and rewarding bad behavior

Shame too, Dick Fontaine was a nice guy.

Best thing I ever did was walk out on them in 2002. :D

If we do open a game store, we need to hire this guy:

geeklu7.jpg

EB in Australia also sucks, im sick of being asked to pre order **** and get extended warranty. One dude in EB asked always tries to feed me the extended warranty protect your investment bull**** speech for the 100th time after he knows ive NEVER EVER buy it.

EB also stinks like ass, its either the employees who dont bathe or its the old fat dudes who lurk over in the PC RPG game section, i dunno who the **** it is but very EB stinks like ass..

Back