Angel line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I emailed sideshow and asked about their 12" Angel and buffy lines. They mentioned Buffy was going on hiatus and Angel was not. Now it seems both are going to sleep. Anyone have anything solid?

The complete lack of attention on both lines is pretty solid imo. They're dead and buried.

We Angel fans really got screwed over. Thank God for Spenser's custom Wesley sculpt.

This should and will be moved to the Whedonville section of the forums.

Us Whedon fans are upset that SideShow has decided to close the doors on any potential future Buffy/Angel releases (as far as we know), but they had to do what was in their best interests on a business level. The interest isn't there like it used to be unfortunately. As a company they have to do what's more financially viable for them.. Suffice to say, this line isn't fruitful as it was in the past.

They knew that going into the Angel line though. I'm glad I got a Cordy and Lorne out of it, but why they even bothered to start an Angel line is beyond me.

They knew that going into the Angel line though. I'm glad I got a Cordy and Lorne out of it, but why they even bothered to start an Angel line is beyond me.

Well, they did continue with the Buffy line by giving us a half-assed version 2 of a Buffy Premium Format and the 1/6 Giles. I still would like to get him.

They left out a few key players on Buffy and a whole whack of people on Angel. It saddens me. I feel like by starting the Angel line they got our hopes up. I wonder if they should have done it in the first place. Well then again I guess most of us are super happy to have the Angel, Lorne and Cordy that we do.

all i really wanted was a Gunn, Wesley, and Fred. i already knew how i was gonna pose the whole team. it was gonna be sweet. the day i heard they cancelled the angel line was the most depressing day of collecting for me. i was ok with the buffy line ending cuz we've gotten a lot of great figures but the angel line had just started. i feel the line got "highlandered".:lol i think that should be the new term for a cancelled line.:lol

For me I would have been happy with Fred, Wes and Gunn. But a whole lot thrilled with Fred, Wes, Gunn, Illyria, and The beast. Lilah and Lindsey would have been ok too. And maybe a vamp Angel for the Angel line. Seeing as I don't have it from the Buffy line.

For me I would have been happy with Fred, Wes and Gunn. But a whole lot thrilled with Fred, Wes, Gunn, Illyria, and The beast. Lilah and Lindsey would have been ok too. And maybe a vamp Angel for the Angel line. Seeing as I don't have it from the Buffy line.
i was hoping for vamp angel and vamp spike from the angel line but with passive vamp faces this time. kinda like what they did on the 2 PFs. i also wanted a human darla and a better looking vampire darla from angel season 2.

See how many we could use? Another thing I don't understand is, if they always sell out on sideshows site, why do they say they don't do well? Unless they base it on how many pre-orders they get? I just have no clue how they decide.

Vamp spike would have been cool too. Gosh so many possibilities. If we are going for it, let's get a human dru too.

Since i came into the sideshow game too late I missed out on so many figures. I only got to sideshow intime to preorder lorne, cordy and giles. So I am still working on getting/finding the rest. But now that I am finally here and ready for more, they stop! And another thing, how is it they say not enough interest in Buffy/Angel line, yet they can make electric tiki, which happens to be Buffy.

edit: I meant to say I missed out on so many figures from sideshows site, but found a lot of them elsewhere.

Last edited:
An Angel line with no Wes, Gunn, Fred, Illyria and Doyle. It's criminal!

I thought this wound had healed, but all it needed was a little picking to start gushing blood all over again. :monkey4 :monkey2

Another thing I don't understand is, if they always sell out on sideshows site, why do they say they don't do well?
some of those figs took a loooooooooooooooong time to sell out though. most of them first sold out last year i think. giles is still there even though i think he is one of the best sculptwise. little sloppy on the paint though.

Hmm I didn't even realize that Giles was still there. I also had no idea they didn't sell out right away because like I said, came late and Cordy and Lorne both sold pretty fast, especially Lorne. I was pretty sure he said sold out right after he shipped. I am glad I got him.

I need 5 from the Buffy line. Also 2 gentlemen and the hush figure. The ones I need tho sell for a ton and I can't seem to get lucky with werewolf oz. I always win my ebay bids, always and the last 2 I lost were both werewolf oz's. I am so sad about it, one was this morning. :(
Anyways, I want more figures and i want them now! lol.

Sorry for opening up old wounds. I just think we should all feel the pain together, lol.

Sorry to double post but I want to ask this of you also...do you think that Angel's line was scratched because of the Giles/Buffy line sales?

Did the 3 figures on the Angel line not do well? I thought they did well but I could be mistaken.
Now, if the Angel line did well for the three figures, then they shouldn't stop the line because Buffy's line isn't doing well. There may be more interest in Angel's line because there are so many great characters to produce. With Buffy, they are pretty much all there already.

I mean who doesn't want a Wes and Illyria? Seriously!

It pains me to say it, but the Angel figures were very slow sellers. They sold so slowly in fact that after "City OF" Angel, Cordy and Lorne were made Sideshow website exclusives, and those two sold so slowly that they eventually had to drop the site exclusivity and liquidate some of the stock to other retailers. Angel also had the misfortune of competing with the newly launched Star Wars line which was an unstoppable juggernaut at the time. All of the Angel figures did eventually sell out though, so they could have at least done a small run of Wes and maybe Gunn to give the line some closure.

I still say they had to know the line would be a slow seller. Angel the series never had the pop culture impact of Buffy, and is a much more cult property. They should have been at least willing to see it through for the six main cast members, otherwise why bother starting a line at all?

I completely agree with you. It's definitely like...why start a line if you don't intend to finish, no matter what. They could just make a lesser amount. Then again, I don't make these and I don't market them etc, I have no idea how much it costs to make them etc. So I could be wrong. If 750 figures per character is too little to make enough money then darn! Limited quantities seems like it would be the best shot.

But it does stink not to have Tara, Dawn and Anya in my collection. I think we could have done without Liam and Subway spike seeing how we already had a regular and vamp one of each. Those two could have been replaced with Dawn and Anya, and then maybe squeeze out one more and do Tara. She clocked atleast as much time as Oz if not more, and he got two figures.

I just look at my line very disatisfied. I can't deny I am thankful to have the ones I do, but I am terribly sad to not have the ones I feel I should. Yes, yes it's all about me, lol. Kidding. I just hate to look at my Angel line and see 3 figures.
Maybe, if we are lucky we will get some Angel line PF figures. I am desperate for an Illyria. I don't know if the figure idustry realizes how awesome she is! Or they do but no one cares, lol.
Can anyone point me to where it says the Angel line is not going to have more figures?
As I stated I got a message from sideshow saying the Buffy line was going to be on hiatus and a possible/probable close but the Angel line was not. And I have not read anywhere that the Angel line was closing, just Buffy. So linkeage would be great if it exists??? :)

I have no concrete proof that the 12" Angel line will never come back, I've just been collecting Sideshow product long enough to know that when a line goes to sleep, it's the big sleep.

Oh I hear ya, I am just wondering where it said the Angel line was going to sleep? Since Sideshow stated that the Buffy and Angel line were seperate. I am just so sad about it that I think reading it would make me feel better.

Now about the sleep thing, unless you mean that because they haven't mentioned anything about a new figure and they did mention buffy was going bye bye that this is why we 'all' assume Angel goes byebye too. Don't worry, if it's assuming we are all doing, it truly is all of us. I don't think there are many people out there who has any hope.

i gave up already. it bothered me at first that the line was cancelled but now im full board into the LOTR line and other lines now. im not just a buffy/angel collector, im a movies/tv collector so ive got plenty of figures/statues/prop-reps flowing in at a steady rate. its hard to keep track of everything i like. dont want to miss anything.

Back