HOT TOYS - M ICON SERIES -12 inches JAMES DEAN (Cowboy version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Well I know it's been reported elsewhere on the site, but here's the full spec and some hi-res pics.
I'm hopeing for a lot of the old greats, Cary Grant, Bogart, Spencer Tracey, James Stewart, Gregory Peck and a couple more Deans from 'Rebal' and 'Eden' wouldn't go amiss.
I wonder if there'd be much interest in some real golden oldies like Chaplin, Laural and Hardy or even Maria from Langs, 'Metropolis'.

HOT TOYS - M ICON SERIES - MIS01 - 12 inches JAMES DEAN collectible figurine (Cowboy version)

M icon series
In 2008, Hot Toys is proud to announce a brand new collectible figure series – M ICON series, a collection of well-known and legendary personalities, the first collectible of the series is the Hollywood iconic actor – James Dean.

M icon series – MIS01 -12 inches JAMES DEAN collectible figurine (Cowboy version)
The collectible figure stands approximately 30 cm tall, over 20 points of articulation, features the likeness of James Dean, the legendary Hollywood actor in the 50’s.

The 1/6th scale figurine features with:
l Real fabric outfit with a vest, shirt, jeans and boots
l A Cowboy hat
l Cigarette
l Leather-liked belt with a buckle
l Figure based with nameplate

James Dean™ licensed by CMG Worldwide www.JamesDean.com

{Release date: Q2, 2008}

1JamesDean.jpg

2JamesDean.jpg

3JamesDean.jpg

4JamesDean.jpg

5JamesDean.jpg

6JamesDean.jpg

7JamesDean.jpg

8JamesDean.jpg

9JamesDean.jpg

10JamesDean.jpg

If Hot Toys keeps going the way they are, I can see there being no need to make any custom figures any more.... quite soon. :lol

That figure looks fantastic! Here's to praying for a Groucho Marx or Humphrey Bogart...

The detail in the forehead, lips and neck are amazing! It really sells this figure.

Hot Toys is changing the way we look at the 1/6 market. We are now getting PF tailoring and sculpting in 1/6 scale.

Hot Toys is ruler of 1/6!!!

Looks great, although I have no interest in buying it personally. But is this the line "based on real people" that people were talking about? If so, I'm not sure I get it. This isn't "James Dean" any more than the Hicks figure is "Michael Biehn." They're both in character.

I am a 50's nut.. even own a Marilyn Monroe phone and figure of her...also have a James Dean 1/6 Mattel figure. Looks very nicely done, especially for a figure released in 1998. Looks just like him, and it's him in his "Rebel Without a Cause" outfit. The iconic zip up red jacket, blue jeans that were rolled up, and the greased up hair.

I'll have to get into this line. Especially if they make a Marilyn figure!

I don't get the "real person" designation either but this looks great. I won't be getting Dean but if they ever do a Bogart I'm in.

This Hot Toys Movie Icon series really has me intrigued. Although James Dean is not a personally favorite of mine (so, obviously I wouldn't be buying the figure), I am very curious as to the line's future. :cool:

I sure hope a Orsen Welles figure is in the future... either as Charles Foster Kane or Harry Lime. :D

Hot Toys is changing the way we look at the 1/6 market. We are now getting PF tailoring and sculpting in 1/6 scale.

This is why I feel Lucasfilm should drop SSC and/or Medicom ASAP and let Hot Toys make 1/6 Star Wars figures.
As for James Dean I can't really comment on the quality of the likeness as I've never seen any of his films but it looks to be another quality figure.
For future releases in the Movie Icon line I'd like,

1.Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry
2.Clint Eastwood as The Man With No Name
3.Harrison Ford as Han Solo,Indiana Jones or Rick Deckard

This is why I feel Lucasfilm should drop SSC and/or Medicom ASAP and let Hot Toys make 1/6 Star Wars figures.

I wouldn't lose much sleep if Medicom lost the license, but Sideshow fills a nice gap when it comes to semi-lower priced figures. I'd hate to be paying $130+ for basic Star Wars figures, especially given the huge number of characters that are likely to be released.

As for James Dean I can't really comment on the quality of the likeness as I've never seen any of his films but it looks to be another quality figure.
For future releases in the Movie Icon line I'd like,

1.Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry
2.Clint Eastwood as The Man With No Name
3.Harrison Ford as Han Solo,Indiana Jones or Rick Deckard

Clint Eastwood is a great choice. I can see HT doing a Rawhide version of him too.

Looks great, although I have no interest in buying it personally. But is this the line "based on real people" that people were talking about? If so, I'm not sure I get it. This isn't "James Dean" any more than the Hicks figure is "Michael Biehn." They're both in character.

this is a way for hot toys to make a james dean figure from "giant" without actually paying for the rights to characters from that film(only paying the actor's estate). sideshow did the same thing with their john wayne figures.

I am a 50's nut.. even own a Marilyn Monroe phone and figure of her...also have a James Dean 1/6 Mattel figure. Looks very nicely done, especially for a figure released in 1998. Looks just like him, and it's him in his "Rebel Without a Cause" outfit. The iconic zip up red jacket, blue jeans that were rolled up, and the greased up hair.

I'll have to get into this line. Especially if they make a Marilyn figure!

I remember seeing that old Mattel, Dean. It was great and I regretted not picking it up.
Here are a couple of old reviews that might interest you-

Hot Toys James Dean-
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_112904b.htm

There were quite a few of these flooded eBay about 4 years ago.
Toys McCoy Marilyn Monroe-
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_110304b.htm

Just did a quick eBay search and this was the only one I could find... I should of bought a couple more!-
https://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Toys-M...eZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

this is a way for hot toys to make a james dean figure from "giant" without actually paying for the rights to characters from that film(only paying the actor's estate). sideshow did the same thing with their john wayne figures.

Captain is right -- they are paying the James Dean Estate for the rights to his likeness. It's in the lower right corner of the photos.

I hope Sideshow is bringing this line in. I'm hesitant to use Toy Square until I see pricing elsewhere. I've always been happy with Eric's service and his selection of rare or obscure figures, but seeing his markup on the Enterbay ETD figures got me thinking...they were $199 from Enterbay, $299 from Toy Square.

Back