METAL GEAR SOLID thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLIDSNAKE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well guys who is pumped to play MGS 4 ?

926596_20050916_screen012.jpg

926596_20050916_screen001.jpg

926596_20050916_screen005.jpg

I also got my medicom MGS4 snake on PREO.
I hope I get him for the release of the game.
That would be kcik ass.

af_rah_mgs_snake_L.jpg

Last edited:
Great thread SOLIDSNAKE!
I'm a die-hard metal gear solid fan myself. I've played all metal gear and metal gear solid games and they are the best I've ever played (even portable ops on psp really impressed me... it's as good as snake eater!)

And like you, I'm looking forward to playing MGS4 (the reason why I bought the ps3... and Resident Evil 5 of course) So, what do you think bro, will Snake die?
I guess he might... Kojima said MGS4 would answer all questions and that it would conclude the saga. What I sure do not want is the Metal Gear Solid games to last forever. The saga has to end while it is still great and this might mean that Snake may have to die (or at least retire, once and for all:D)

As for the film, I must say that this projet scares me a lot. I mean, except for Silent Hill, every video game-based film I've seen was crap. I sure don't want that to happen to MGS. I don't know what you guys think, but I reckon that Kojima san would be a great director. His games are constructed as espionage films so it should not be hard for him to do the same thing with a camera and a cast.
As far as Snake is concerned, I think Christian Bale would be the only actor that would look like Snake enough to play the part. But, still, there's the voice problem... I cannot think of Snake without David Hayter's voice!!

With the benefit of hindsight, the solution would be to make a CG film :D

No, solid snake needs to be played by David hayter.
The character is actualy kinda modeled after him.
Snake just is not snake without hayters voice.

Can't wait for the game looks sick, any news on a demo?

Bale would be cool for lead role if not then the rock or vin diesel. ( the last two are a joke don't flame) :lol

Bale would prbobly never go for it though,he's too high profile now i think. Sides, Hideo Kojima would probobly also Campihn hard for David Hayter. in his own words:
" I'd never replace david as solid snake. in my mind he's not just sankes voice, he IS solid snake"

:rock Right here!! Consider me pumped!!! Can't wait to get this!!

I think I'm gonna go back and play all the MGS games to date before this comes out.

Great thread SOLIDSNAKE!
I'm a die-hard metal gear solid fan myself. I've played all metal gear and metal gear solid games and they are the best I've ever played (even portable ops on psp really impressed me... it's as good as snake eater!)

And like you, I'm looking forward to playing MGS4 (the reason why I bought the ps3... and Resident Evil 5 of course) So, what do you think bro, will Snake die?
I guess he might... Kojima said MGS4 would answer all questions and that it would conclude the saga. What I sure do not want is the Metal Gear Solid games to last forever. The saga has to end while it is still great and this might mean that Snake may have to die (or at least retire, once and for all:D)

As for the film, I must say that this projet scares me a lot. I mean, except for Silent Hill, every video game-based film I've seen was crap. I sure don't want that to happen to MGS. I don't know what you guys think, but I reckon that Kojima san would be a great director. His games are constructed as espionage films so it should not be hard for him to do the same thing with a camera and a cast.
As far as Snake is concerned, I think Christian Bale would be the only actor that would look like Snake enough to play the part. But, still, there's the voice problem... I cannot think of Snake without David Hayter's voice!!

With the benefit of hindsight, the solution would be to make a CG film :D

HEY !! yeaa I think hideo is going to ended here.
you remember the last part of mgs3 when you have control of when to shoot the boss.
I think thats how is going to end. with the scene of you having the choise to kill snake.
Man I was so moved by the scene to kill the boss. The music the scenery was just so overwhelming.

CLICK THE BUTTON !! BOOOM !!
Yea MGS 3 WAS AMAZING !
I actualy bought psp just for portable ops. ohh man I played it at work during breaks. Just an amazing expereience.
Try the new portable ops plus kicks ass.
snakepsp.jpg

I think Hug jack man will play an awsome snake.
for the live action film to work FIRST:

1- Needs to be directed by MR Hideo Kojima.
2- producer : RIDLEY SCOTT (black hawk down)
3- Music: Harry gregson Williams/ HANZ ZIMMER ofcourse

Last edited:
Can't wait for the game looks sick, any news on a demo?

Bale would be cool for lead role if not then the rock or vin diesel. ( the last two are a joke don't flame) :lol

Last time I check on demo they have no release any news on a demo and they might not have one because they are so busy making MGS4 and the online feature.
They wanna make it right.
Also In japan releases of MGS games they come with some limited eddition stuff for example : life size crock head, gun replicas, CQC knife ETC...
They said for the US release of mgs 4 they are going to have something.
I hope is cool.

I think Bale would go for Solid Snake if the script and the crew were good. I mean why not? The stigma of bad video game movies has to end somewhere, right?

I'm looking forward to MGS4 but they've pretty much pushed showing everything they can show without giving away more. Now it's just a waiting game. :monkey1

Anyone pre-order the MGS4 Medicom figures?

I think Bale would go for Solid Snake if the script and the crew were good. I mean why not? The stigma of bad video game movies has to end somewhere, right?

I'm looking forward to MGS4 but they've pretty much pushed showing everything they can show without giving away more. Now it's just a waiting game. :monkey1

Anyone pre-order the MGS4 Medicom figures?

yeaa I got one on PRE O !
looks bad ass.

just old snake

In some overseas interview a year back with Hideo Kojima, he said that his top two choices would be Christian Bale or Viggo Mortensen to play Snake in the movie.

Made a solid snake to go with my RPD leon, its a komani snake which i found cheap on a HT body with most of the gear, weapons and head been replaced and/or repainted.
Haven't played the game in years but as he was reduced thought i have ago at upgrading that it.
MGSsnake5.jpg
MGSsnake2.jpg

MGSsnake4.jpg
MGSsnake6.jpg

MGSsnake9.jpg
MGSsnake3.jpg

head still looks awful, BUT it looks better than stock. Repainted i take it :)

I want to make one,m i just want to use a different head. got his gear.
BTW, I'm suprised at how well he goes on a HT body.

Back