Hot Toys Major Dutch and the whole team now official?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to log on as a member on that link. Can you cut-and-paste the specific announcement?

But yes, great news. HT did mention they were working on it. Just waiting for the official announcement at TF.

I'm more interested in seeing whether or not their Dutch likeness has improved so far removed from their initial T3 Arnold which was all battered and bloodied up to hide lack of licensing. HT can really nail sculpts especially Yulli's recent offerings and I'd love to see what they come up with in terms of an Arnie....

i ordered through the apone & hicks sculpt from hero heads and included an additional arnie just in case i needed it for dutch :cool: they came through last week in the uk so sorted.....this weekend loads of painting and stuff to do :D

It's no official announcement, just a post from Menatarms (fellow board member at the OSW and Sixth Division). But he hasn't posted any follow up info...

I remember when HT commented that they'd be doing them, but I won't FULLY believe it 'til I see some pics in their newsletter!! :D

Well the ToyFair in New York is just around the corner so if there is ANY news it should be there! IF true this is AMAZING news, i'm a WAY bigger Predator fan than I am an Alien(s) one!

I just hope Hot Toys doesn't try to "Hide" Arnolds likeness like they did with the Terminator they produced.

Good news indeed!

I'm more interested in seeing whether or not their Dutch likeness has improved so far removed from their initial T3 Arnold which was all battered and bloodied up to hide lack of licensing. HT can really nail sculpts especially Yulli's recent offerings and I'd love to see what they come up with in terms of an Arnie....

This statement is a bit contradictory, the first part implies they couldn't pull of an Arnie likeness, the second part points out they never tried because of licensing, which is true.

I'm sure an Arnie back when they did the T1 figure wouldn't have been stellar, but probably looked like him, much like early Rambos. IF they have the likeness rights to Schwarzenegger, this news will be great, if not, I'm going to be less than enthused.

Reason I say that is, likely, a Dutch will, and should, be on a muscular body, so if they can't do his likeness, then the question comes up of where, if at all, you get a good Arnie head for it as the muscular bodies don't use the same joint as the Frontline heads are made for.

I'm holding out for good things here, but Dutch is probably the only one I'll get since they'll likely average $100 and I'm not attached to any of them enough to spend that much, but Dutch and Predator are key, so hopefully they will have rights.

Back