Drinking Ale and Watching The Fellowship

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Psycho Cenobite

Just got to the end of disc one and I'm about the watch disc 2. I forgot how much I liked this film and how much it makes me smile compared to the last two... maybe the two bottles of pale ale are kicking in! :lol

Spotting a few things I hadn't noticed before. The Ringwraiths steeds having red eyes!

I also now want a Witch King true form more than ever! I'd settle with a bust though!

Maybe if I have a few more ales I'll get on eBay bid on a bust... and if I have one two many ales, I might bid of the statue! :eek:

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

Hey fathobbits.. has a couple of Wiki Busts for sale in the Sell/Trade.

;)

re

I love watching the LOTR with a good pint, and the steed bust would have looked great with red eyes, but the eyes are great as they are. Also noticed on the steeds chest is the eye of sauron in leather straps, (not on the rwos)
And damn you, when i had 2 Wiki busts no one was interested. Now, when everythings shipping and iv spent the money people want one again!
:fart

Re: re

I know what you mean, I always have a good pint of ale, when watching the LOTR, the Fellowship more so though.
It just feels right, and I enjoy it more, I'ts like your drinking in the Prancing pony, with them. :D :toast

I KNOW WHAT U MEAN ABOUT PISSED UP EBAYING
LOL
THE NUMBER OF TIMES IVE DONE SOMETHING SILLY WHEN I GOT BACK FROM THE PUB IS JUST NOT EVEN FUNNY
HEE HEE

I had my ale shipped in from Australia as well! So it's quite close to Middle Earth/New Zealand! :hat

Well nice though! :toast

Psycho C :rock

PS. I also seem to get texting to my mates when I've had one to meany! When I check my sent box in the morning, I have no idea what I was on about! :eek:

Wow ! that's sad , I actually got a little turned on when I read the title of this thread ! :p :toast

FOTR is a step above the other two IMO.

I agree . It may not have as much action , but I love all the character introduction and development ! :rock

Agreed, nothing like watching my favorite films and enjoying the best ale on middle earth... :chug

dsc00919.jpg

dsc00923.jpg

Re: ALE

Psycho - were you drinking "James Squire's Indian Pale Ale" by any chance?

If so, very nice drop. :clap

If not, keen to know what Aussie brew it was? ;)

There's a bit of a story about the ale. Me and my friend went to australia for a year back in 2001. Our first stop was Perth and we did a trip to Fremantle. We got bord with the trip and went to a pub! :toast

This was our first pub and I asked for a pint of Fosters... :doh

We was laughed at and then they said why don't we try their home brew. I think it was called Walla... something. I think it was named after a big fish.

It was really nice but next time we went to the pub it had gone! :sick

Then last Christmas I got given a 'Beers from Around the World' pack and one of the beers tated the same as that one from Fremantle. It was a different name but i'm sure it was the same taste.

It was called 'Little Creatures - Pale Ale'. I forgot this name until the other week and then decided to serach for it on the net. Then found a UK based site that sold it (or could ship it in for you). So I ordered 24 bottles for my two week holiday - that I'm on now! :rock :toast

Psycho Cenobite :peace

They have some of the best beer I've ever tasted in Australia. I wish they imported some of the good stuff here to the States, as opposed to the Fosters crap.

I've been forcing a friend of mine to watch the whole series and he is becoming a fan. He's a hard sell, but the movie is working it's magic.

I really need to make it down to Australia one day. I've heard the people are incredibly friendly and actually like Americans for a change (As opposed to many European countries). I'd love to go scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef. Great Whites might be a problem though....:lol

Seriously, that's a trip that I must make at some point in my life. I have a relative that works for the Olympics, so she's lived all over the world. Her favorite Olympic venue was working in Sydney during the 2000 Summer games.

Ahh... Little Creatures - a very nice drop, kinda fruity don't you think... and expensive I wager in the UK. Good choice! :toast

Fosters is crap, and is rarely sold in Australia. I've never seen it on tap in a pub and I think it's mainly brewed for the export market, the US mainly. When in the States, I was amazed to see how popular it is. Virtually every place that sold beer had the following - Bud, Fosters, Coors & Corona. Needless to say, I always picked the Corona.

No need to worry about Great Whites up at the Barrier Reef, Im pretty sure they're not found there, as the water's quite warm and shallow over the reef. For those that are keen, you can go diving with Great Whites off the coast of South Australia, where they breed. Suposedly in their breeding grounds they are quite chilled.

The 2000 Olymics in Sydeny was AMAZING!!! Truely reflected the 'age of innocence' before 911 and all this terrorism crap began. Soooo many Sydneysiders volunteered their time to help and it was just incredible. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see another Olympics like it.

Only just noticed you're from Australia! I love your country! :toast

I went all the way around starting in Perth, went and did the South-West. Then went back up to Perth and then up to Darwin following the coast. Then down to the Red Centre. Then back up and across to Cairns. Then up to Cape Trib. Then all the way down to Sydney. Then Melbourne and then to Adelaide.

Highlights:

Swimming with Wale Sharks on my 21st Birthday on the West coast
Turtle research on a small island off of Darwin
Working in Sydney delivery beer around the city

Psycho C :nazgul

Back