How many more Star Wars figures will you buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewblacca

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know that a lot of us are upset at the figure price increase on the Star Wars 1/6 figures, so my question is which figures are worth it? Will you pay $70.00 for a Greedo, or a Lobot? How about a Lando, or a Grand Moff Tarkin?

A lot... at one point I had a master list of about 50 or 60 figures I would really want to have in 1/6 and there are still a lot to go before I'm tapped out.

I'm in it for all of them.

Here's a surprise.:rolleyes:

They have to have a great sculpt. I won't buy any more items with mediocre sculpts. But too many variables at this point. Probably very few secondary characters.

I was in for all of them at one time but as the prices are increasing I have a solid list of about 20 I still want to get before I'm out.

I was in for all of them at one time but as the prices are increasing I have a solid list of about 20 I still want to get before I'm out.

Pretty much me too. I can see myself being in this line for quite a while longer.

As much as I'd love to have them all,
here's the only ones I'd be getting if released:

MUST:

Chewbacca
R2-D2
C-3PO
Lando Calrissian (Bespin and Jabba's Palace)
Bespin Leia
Yoda (OT and PT)
Darth Vader
Emperor Palpatine (ROTJ)
Stormtrooper (2)
Emperor's Royal Guard (2)
Pilot Luke
Count Dooku
Amidala (Lars Homestead, Theed Invasion or Naboo Senator)

MAYBE:

Tusken Raider
Hoth Luke
Hoth Han
Hoth Leia
Tarkin
Snowtrooper (2)
AT-AT Driver
Tie Fighter Pilot
Death Star Gunner

ONLY IF BETTER THAN MEDICOM ( I don't think so):

Jango Fett
Boba Fett

That's it!!
:rotfl

Here's a surprise.:rolleyes:

They have to have a great sculpt. I won't buy any more items with mediocre sculpts. But too many variables at this point. Probably very few secondary characters.

You have a problem with the fact I'm wanting to collect the entire line? So when did you become in charge of what I buy and how much of what I buy? :rolleyes:

I will buy

ESB or ROTJ Vader
Bespin Lando
X-Wing Luke
Jedi Luke redux
Boba Fett
Emperor Palpatine
Chewbacca
C-3PO
R2-D2
Stormtrooper

oh yeah, and Yoda

and maybe Tarkin.

That's it.

I will be buying a lot more just not directly from SSC. It depends on how much spare cash I have, how badly I want that figure and how patient I can be. It took me over 6 months to get Plo Koon, but he cost me $40 and if I had the money at preorder time I would have gotten him then. $70 for Lobot, maybe, $70 for Owen, no. I can't make it sound black and white because there are some alien characters with no name ever uttered on film that I would get and some prominent secondary characters I have no interest in.

One thing that needs to be considered. There are people who love Tonner figures, there are people who love Barbies and Hasbro SW figures. People love what they love and not everyone will see that value.

Sticking to:

One of each of the core MAIN characters (w/ the exception of Obi-Wan and the iconic ANH characters)

Jedi & Sith

ARMORED Troopers

Droids & Creatures

As many as I can afford. And as long as the quality matches or exceeds Old Ben and Palpy/Sidious then I don't see me not getting almost everything they make.

Back