Sideshow, please include Stormtrooper belt and gun with ANH Luke!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Sideshow, I'm sure most would agree that any "comprehensive and iconic" representation of ANH Luke would have to include the Stormtrooper belt, gun, and grappling hook he used while adventuring on the Death Star.

Behold:

StarWarsPoster.jpg

MPW-19409

starwars-poster-77.jpg

swarspost.jpg

ROTJ Luke and ROTS Obi-Wan both came with enemy blasters that they held for a combined 10-15 seconds of screen time. Please don't neglect to include Luke's iconic ST gear that he carried for a much greater period of film and that is so famously represented in all of the original poster art and of course, some of the most beloved scenes in the saga.

Buying Luke and then spending another $100+ for a Stormtrooper just to have the belt and leave the ST figure incomplete just wouldn't be acceptable. You're a great company and I know you listen to fan feedback. Thank you for making such an UNBELIEVABLE Tatooine Luke. It really is awesome. Now please add just a couple more accessories to truly "complete" this great figure.

Buying Luke and then spending another $100+ for a Stormtrooper just to have the belt and leave the ST figure incomplete just wouldn't be acceptable. You're a great company and I know you listen to fan feedback. Thank you for making such an UNBELIEVABLE Tatooine Luke. It really is awesome. Now please add just a couple more accessories to truly "complete" this great figure.

I don't think its a reasonable assumption to think this is the only solution to not getting the belt packed in with Luke.

There is a chance for an accessory kit and I think it would be more fruitious to spend our energy asking for that (to satisfy both Luke and Han).

my 2 cents.

I'd never pose him with them anyway so I don't need the belt or blaster... and what the hell would you do with the grappling hook? Most people don't have the room to use that properly.

Sideshow, I'm sure most would agree that any "comprehensive and iconic" representation of ANH Luke would have to include the Stormtrooper belt, gun, and grappling hook he used while adventuring on the Death Star.

Behold:

MPW-19409

starwars-poster-77.jpg

swarspost.jpg

ROTJ Luke and ROTS Obi-Wan both came with enemy blasters that they held for a combined 10-15 seconds of screen time. Please don't neglect to include Luke's iconic ST gear that he carried for a much greater period of film and that is so famously represented in all of the original poster art and of course, some of the most beloved scenes in the saga.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

BTW, Han needs one too. :lecture

I'd never pose him with them anyway so I don't need the belt or blaster... and what the hell would you do with the grappling hook? Most people don't have the room to use that properly.

I love posing the Hasbro one dangling from the hook.

More important than the blaster is the grappling hook, the hook and belt are more pivotal pieces than the blaster.

The hook and belt are more pivotal pieces than the blaster.

Again...

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

I love the folks at Sideshow. And I know they do care. But these were not thought all the way through, imho... particularly if they are meant to be the definitive figure of each character from ANH.

I mean, seriously, we get the goofy hat & goggles that were never actually seen in ANY version of the movie... but not the Stormtrooper belts that Luke & Han wear for an important sequence of the film? :huh

You could hang him on a ceiling fan.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lHnuo17dsBQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lHnuo17dsBQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

... and what the hell would you do with the grappling hook? Most people don't have the room to use that properly.

Oh, I don't know. My house is only about 1300 sq. feet, and my girlfriend and I swing around on our grappling hook almost every night just before bed. :D

... and what the hell would you do with the grappling hook?

Oh I don't know, maybe display him HOLDING IT, with Leia firing the blaster next to him right before he is about to throw it. :duh

And I'm sure there's a lot of people who *would* find a creative way to attach it to something so you could pose Luke and Leia right before they took the swing.

Again...

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

I love the folks at Sideshow. And I know they do care. But these were not thought all the way through, imho... particularly if they are meant to be the definitive figure of each character from ANH.

I mean, seriously, we get the goofy hat & goggles that were never actually seen in ANY version of the movie... but not the Stormtrooper belts that Luke & Han wear for an important sequence of the film? :huh

I really doubt that this was mere oversight, nor that they haven't given this much thought. Would a company that remembers useless, itsy-bitsy Jedi holo-projectors totally forget those belts? I think not. :cool:

Sometimes Shai is soooo right about this board. :monkey2

Relax. I said its an unbelievable figure. If SS has a plan to include the extra accessories that don't require us to spend an extra $100+ on a ST then great. If not, now's the time, months before production, to raise the issue.

Relax. I said its an unbelievable figure. If SS has a plan to include the extra accessories that don't require us to spend an extra $100+ on a ST then great. If not, now's the time, months before production, to raise the issue.

Two words, expansion pack.

Agreed. This is not exactly a chavez, CollectorFreak, etc type complaint. :lol

I wouldn't be surprised to see this as the next offering:

Death Star Escape Expansion Pack

Luke Skywalker Stormtrooper belt with interchangeable grapple hook
Han Solo Stormtrooper belt
2 Stormtrooper Blasters
1 Long Imperial Rifle
1 set of Wookie Binders
1 MSE Droid

Retail between $20 and $25. That way we get all the Death Star gear and an extra blaster or two.

Back