Which LOTR 1/4 scale figures would you want?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lcummins

Ok, taking Dave's thread one step further...

If you were limited to only 25 LOTR 1/4 scale PF figures, which would you want?

Here's mine, in no particular order:

*The Fellowship*
1. Frodo
2. Sam
3. Merry
4. Pippin
5. Strider
6. Gimli
7. Legolas
8. Boromir
9. Gandalf the Grey

*Races of Middle Earth*
10. Elrond
11. Galadriel
12. Arwen
13. Theoden
14. Eomer
15. Eowyn
16. Denethor
17. Faramir

*Enemies*
18. Saruman
19. Witchking Trueform
20. Morgul Lord
21. Ringwraith
22. Gollum
23. Lurtz
24. Mouth of Sauron
25. Sauron (?)

Anyone want to add or subtract from this list? Remember, you are limited to just 25 figures! :toast

Off the top of my head I would say...

remove:
Sauron (because of the version currently available)
Mouth of Sauron

add:
Gandalf the White
Easterling :drool

I'd go with your list LC. Though I'd rather just see SS wait and pick up the 1/6th poly line when things are more clearer.

Man, I forgot about the Easterlings and Haradrim! This list might just be tougher than I first thought! Since the Morgul Lord and generic Ringwraith and very similar (except for the helm), I would probably drop the Morgul Lord in favor of a generic Ringwraith since I included the Witchking in Trueform. That would clear the way for one more!

I thought about Gandalf the White, but the list ran out too soon, but if you drop Sauron because of the size, then I too would replace him with GtW!

Ok, who else did we forget? :rollin

TREEBEARD!!!

I'm not going to list what i want.. because i'd take most anything if it was done right....

I think continuing the 1/6th line (and not repeating characters at the beginning..... (to clerify... a Strider statue would not fly whereas a fellowship Pippin would...)) would ROCK!!! First items would be all the stuff we did not see with SSW... Faramir, Denathor, Eomer on Steed, MOS, Treebeard, Barad-Dur, Bag-End, Etc Etc

Your list looks good to me, but SSW isn't making LOTR anymore, so I guess this is just for fantasy.

With these 1/4 scale, SSW is raising the ante on price. Close to $1000 for every piece, do they think we are rico?

The 1/4 scale aren't $1000 - that's just Predator - the average price is about $275, more for complicated figures like Grievous or lights like Vader and Obi-wan.

And it's a fantasy sure, but New Line isn't stupid, if SSC proposes making 1/6 or 1/4 scale figures or 1/1 busts, they'd be silly not to take the money.

As for a list of 1/4 scale - don't know how practical a Sauron would be - although he'd only be about 3' tall. But I'd definitely buy the fellowship and any bad guys they did. Heck I'd probably even get Faramir even though he's such an unimportant character.

Heck I'd probably even get Faramir even though he's such an unimportant character.

Not! Take Faramir out of LOTR and you have some big gaps. Take out Orc Overseer statue and nobody notices.

Yes, but look at all the $600 to $1000 1:1 busts SSC announced at Comic Con and the new flex pay.

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Take out Orc Overseer statue and nobody notices.<hr></blockquote>

His name is George, HE-LLOO!!

He's the second most important character in the whole story, next to the flying buzzy moth that helps Gandalf.

I think 1/4 scale statues would be a bit of a farce as it would mean everything starting all over again but with a higher price tag. I would then sell all of the 1/6 scale ones as the overdraft, the wife and the house would not be able to sustain both the 1/4 and the 1/6 scale lines.

It would obviously be a money spinner for the producers but it certainly wouldn't have the same appeal as the 1/6 line as they would not be being produced alongside the release of the films.

You know....I have not even the faintest clue what the heck that text on the moth card means! Not a single clue :dunno

As for figures I'd like to see in 1/4? Well I know its kinda pointless to start a line for the following reason, but what if SideShow made a few 1/4's in the same style as the 3 figures we get from cinnemaquette? Make....say 5 1/4 scale LOTR figures max! Then you'd have something very nice to complement the already excisting line. Otherwise you'll just be rehashing the statues line we already got. Maybe something like NECA is doing.....that would work. Only better. I'd love to finally have a propper Strider figure in my collection. I still think the statue version is a failure.

I wouldnt buy any. Theyre already charging outlandish prices for the majority of the new stuff. $1,000 for a 1/4 scale predator? I was interested until i saw that.

Back