Time to talk about MY epiphany!! We are very lucky indeed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TheWitchKing

*MODS, let this this stick for a bit in this section please*

Some of you may call me a hypocrite after this, but after SDCC I have had an epiphany! First off, we all know I like to stir things up like some of the others here. Im not always taken serious but thats ok, thats what I aim for. In fact, I really didnt take these boards too serious. I always got a kick pissing certain individuals off and at the same time met some cool people on these boards. I even like to give Dave a hard time and vice versa, we even did it at San Diego and it was fun as hell! Now to my point!

At SDCC, I noticed that Sideshow take the SSF boards very very serious! I wouldnt of believed it until I saw it, and trust me, I saw it, had conversations with them etc etc. They read what we type, even if they dont respond, they know. We have suggestions, opinions, complaints, trust me, they read them alright! They even know the good folks on here and the trouble makers as well which doesnt make a difference, but just trying to make a point. Now I am not trying to suck anyones d**ck here, not Daves, not Sidshows, noones! Bottom line, we are very lucky we have a place where Sideshow hangs around to see what we think, say, and debate. Now I see why the mods strive to keep this place as positive as they can. Reason I type this now, I noticed the few threads locked within a few days and as wrathofsauron's thread asks, "whats going on?", and I agree. I see things a bit different now, that doesnt mean I expect anyone else too, hell no! But just wanted to drop my own two cents/opinion on things. We are very lucky, I really hope many of our threads dont scare SS away. I love to collect and am a Sideshow junkie, I know it's time I attempt to behave myself.

:rock

PS I still think Dave collects dolls! :banana

Re: Time to talk about MY epiphany!! We are very lucky indee

I agree we are very lucky to have such a great company interact with us on basically a daily basis. The last thing I want to do is run them off or be a reason that they decided not to interact as much.

Lets boo TheWitchKing! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :thwak

Amen Wiki! Looks like DannieDarKo agrees with you too!!!!!!!!!

Dave collects dolls? :eek

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

(With glazed eyes as in the zombie movies)

I will be positive! I will be positive! I will be positive!

What's going on? What seems different? Hmmm... there must be something. I am struggling to put my finger on... WAIT! I KNOW!

This is a SSW LOTR board and GUESS WHAT there is no more SSW LOTR!

There is nothing to look forward to apart from the actual shipping/recieving of the pieces, and all we can say for that is "YAY _______ is shipping" and "YAY got my ____, and its AWESOME!"

I get what your saying Danny, and it is cool that SS does come in here an read and listen to what we have to say.. but that really doesn't matter anymore. I mean, unless they are actually going to listen and make a damn Faramir and Denathor statue (hell, Eomer too!) then there really isn't anything left for them to listen too because there is nothing left for us to say.

Overall, yes, i think the board needs to be a little nicer... but then again, reading some of those posts is funny as @#%$... we have a lot of unique people here with very different apporaches and opinions. Could we all be more patient and polite and treat each other with the utmost respect... sure. Is it going to happen? .... Does Sauron @#%$ in the woods?

Now, i'm not sucking anyones d**ck either... but if someone wants to help me out... :naughty

Boy that DannieDarko sure is a rude, crude @$$.
But that WitchKing - he's a really great fellow!

JS ;) :wave

L4 SS makes other things than LOTR that this board is also about. So not running them off would be a good thing for SW, Marvel, and other collectors from those lines.

But that WitchKing - he's a really great fellow!

We're all jolly smashin' peeps, if truth be told :poke :lol :poke :lol

:bonk :eye :bonk

I agree that people could be more polite (me included) but a board in which everybody is nice to each other and and where everybody sticks to the subject would be like the contents of Sly Stallone's underpants...

Small, insignificant and forgettable.

This is a SSW LOTR board and GUESS WHAT there is no more SSW LOTR!

True,maybe time for discussing the 150 pieces already released.lol:gollum

Does Sauron S#it in the Woods?

Well if he does he must be using Andrex:rollin

re

No, not Dan!!! Why has he succumbed to the 'no apostrophe' plague??:lol :p

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

That's what you get when you keep company with Josh. :lol

Re: re

Dave likes bendy arm dollies in pretty dresses, and now he likes the nifty puppets in pretty outfits as well.

Jesse :lol

Heaven knows asking everyone, especially CCT, to be nice is a lost cause. But not insulting other members should be the norm, rather than the exception.

As for LotR dying for SS/W and SSC - I'll start a new thread so we can discuss that.

Heaven knows asking everyone, especially CCT, to be nice is a lost cause. But not insulting other members should be the norm, rather than the exception.

Oh my God, what is happening to the forum? Even the Mods are having a pop at me now. Don't say I've got to buy you the same pressies that Josh is currently enjoying...

Yay Danny! You've finally seen the light!!!!!! Personally, I get sick and tired of seeing the negative posts or the threads that start out to be fun and turn nasty. Maybe it's cause I'm not a 20something anymore, but I did think that politeness was something that most people learned in their childhood.
We can all poke fun at each other, but when it gets personal as in some of the recent threads, that's just going too far and I for one, tend to just ignore those threads and hope for a lock or even somtimes a delete on those.

Since the SS poly is an expensive collectible, I assume that most here are responsible adults that are making their way in the world as such. I just don't really understand it when those people start an attack on another board member. Take it private please! Let's not give SS the impression that all SSF members are juvenile delinquents! Time for a group hug! :grouphug Goodnight Maryellen, Goodnight John-Boy

Oh, i was under the impression the LOTR board was just about LOTR.... oops

Well, yeah but I mean and not running them from the SSF board and I think thats what Danny meant as well.

Back