Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 306 of 370 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3699

Thread: ANH Luke

Default Re: ANH Luke

So you are defending your Chicken Little-ness, yet you don't have the figure yet...hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by FQRizzo View Post
    So you are defending your Chicken Little-ness, yet you don't have the figure yet...hmmm.
    Well, I can't imagine that I'll get the figure a little later today and say, wow! that tunic rules, I was an idiot! But I'll make you this promise; if that's my reaction, I'll post it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonFishing View Post
    Well, I can't imagine that I'll get the figure a little later today and say, wow! that tunic rules, I was an idiot! But I'll make you this promise; if that's my reaction, I'll post it.
    Deal!

Malalaking Gagamba
    Feedback
    55 (100%)
    I just got Han and I think they are both some of the greatest figures of the entire line so I really scratch my head when I go back and read comments that Sideshow is blowing their momentum they gained with Palps and Old Ben.

Ringer @ Heart MODERATOR
    Feedback
    34 (100%)
    Follow The Josh On Twitter Follow The Josh on Flickr Visit The Josh's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by pixletwin View Post
    I just got Han and I think they are both some of the greatest figures of the entire line so I really scratch my head when I go back and read comments that Sideshow is blowing their momentum they gained with Palps and Old Ben.
    Now you see why I laugh when I read those comments when they're first made.

King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by pixletwin View Post
    I think it's because despite the continuity in paint apps between proto and production on these two, the feeling is overall, the apps were better on Ben and Palpatine, and I'd agree that apps on both better showed off the likeness, but with Han and Luke we got exactly what we ordered, possibly a bit better, and other than the Luke tunic, I don't see any deviation in the clothing either.

Demi G0D Overseer
    Feedback
    I have to wait until Friday. Can't wait to get him though. The ANH line is turning out nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by MaulFan View Post
    I think it's because despite the continuity in paint apps between proto and production on these two, the feeling is overall, the apps were better on Ben and Palpatine, and I'd agree that apps on both better showed off the likeness, but with Han and Luke we got exactly what we ordered, possibly a bit better, and other than the Luke tunic, I don't see any deviation in the clothing either.

I'd say that Ben and Palps are older characters, and thus more wrinke-ly. This makes it easier for the sculpt to shine through the paint.

...or it could be a little bit of column A and some of column B.

Banned
    Feedback
    48 (100%)
    Follow IrishJedi On Twitter Add IrishJedi on Facebook Visit IrishJedi's Instagram Channel
    Mine JUST arrived.

Preparing to open with some trepidation.

King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by FQRizzo View Post
    I'd say that Ben and Palps are older characters, and thus more wrinke-ly. This makes it easier for the sculpt to shine through the paint.

...or it could be a little bit of column A and some of column B.
    Well to me, the sculpt shows fine on Han and Luke, age of the portrait doesn't matter, but I find the eyes on Palpatine, Sidious and Old Ben perfectly capture the emotion and the character, where Luke and Han, while done cleanly, just are missing something indefinable that's holding them back.