Weta Fell Beast VS the new Fell Beast diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weta Fell Beast VS the new diorama

• It's to early to tell what this new diorama will do to the $ value the Weta statue.

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • I can afford everything, so the $ value is irrelevant.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Thankfully there's a alternative to the Weta piece, which is to expensive nowadays.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Despite the new diorama, I still want the Weta piece.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • You are comparing appels to oranges.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • The more Fell Beasts the better: It's good to have both!

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Regardless what happens, the Weta piece is a classic.

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

Alice Adrenochrome

Super Freak
Reaction score
There ain't much to see yet, but there's a realistic chance that this new LotR diorama will outrun the Weta classic in terms of looks. For those that always wanted to have a descent Fell Beast statue, this is their chance to get one that promises to have an at least much more dynamic pose. There are not very much Fell Beast Statues around after all.
The SSC-Weta Wiki & Fell Beast was never one of my favorites: the WiKi is so small that it makes him look ridiculous. The Fell Beast itself is really stunning though.
Somehow, I wonder how the release of this piece will affect the monetary value of the Weta WiKi & Fell Beast piece. Will it's value drop? If you can buy this new statue for presumably less $, why bother chasing after the Weta statue? Or will this new diorama be even cost more at it's launch than the current market value of the Weta WiKi & Fell Beast? Questions...
https://www.toytracker.net/weta/tracking/weta.html/8709
This is a some what ****ed up poll - not the first superfluous poll I might add - but I'm still interested in your views on this.

Last edited:
The big question is if SS will maintain the same base costs for this FB statue as the original FB statue. Somehow I get the feeling that it will not -- looking to the tune of $250-300.

You could almost garentee that it will be $299... or $350. The edition size will be huge as well.

The days of hot items are over!!

You could almost garentee that it will be $299... or $350. The edition size will be huge as well.

The days of hot items are over!!

Exactly...Sideshow is not in the business of making flippers rich by doing VERY LE....They will make sure there are enough in the market...That way ensuring THEY get the $$$ and not the flippers...And as we have discussed numerous times on the board before..there is nothing wrong with that..they are a business afterall, and their No:1 motivation?? To make money baby!

I'll definitely get this piece, to pair it up with the old one.

But as for diminishing the value of the Jamie Beswarick sculpt? The only thing fans complained about with that one was its size -- and the new one seems to be roughly the same scale.

Besides, a Fell Beast lying prone on its back isn't anybody's idea of a classic pose for this creature.

No, the true value of the piece will be in its combination with the Eagle sculpt. And as such, it will be sufficiently different from the SS/W piece not to create any sort of value deflation for the original.

All I hope now is a lower ES than the original's (which was 3000)...

I really dont have interest in this piece, more of an environment for me, I still see WETA as the best line out there, would be nice to have that collection.

I'll definitely get this piece, to pair it up with the old one.

But as for diminishing the value of the Jamie Beswarick sculpt? The only thing fans complained about with that one was its size -- and the new one seems to be roughly the same scale.

The only two complaints about the original fell beast are the size [it is way too small for the subject matter] and the color...if I wanted a purple dinosaur I could've gone to Toys R Us and bought a stuffed Barney for $20. To me the new fell beast appears to be much larger than the original and if it's grey like it's supposed to be, it will definitely give the original a run for it's money.

Besides, a Fell Beast lying prone on its back isn't anybody's idea of a classic pose for this creature.

Huh?...I thought the scene where the eagles attacked the fell beasts was a classic. In my theatre the people went crazy when the eagles came out of nowhere to join the battle. What could be more classic than the a$$ kicking laid on the fell beasts by the eagles :confused:

I've seen the movies several times now, but somehow i forgot about the scene where the eagles charged the Fell Beast... I don't know if that speaks for the essence of that scene, or against me for killing to many of my brain cells over the years :lol. Anyway, I'm just reading the book again. Can't wait to get to that part! The book is the law!

I could see a small dent in the originals value but either way both will be awesome to own. I'll be getting this for sure since I'll probably never own the first.

I've seen the movies several times now, but somehow i forgot about the scene when the eagles charged the Fell Beast... I don't know if that speaks for the essence of that scene, or against me for killing to many brain cells over the years :lol. Anyway, I'm just reading the book again. Can't wait to get to that part! The book is the law!

I'd go with the brain cell option :lol It was during the final battle at the Black Gates. One of my favorite scenes of the movie.

Well if by size that would include the cutesy "melted Morgul Lord" then yes, I agree.

I could have selected several of the poll choices.

The new one is looking good but the SS/Weta version will continue to hold it's value. (and I don't even have that piece.)

I passed on the SS/Weta piece, not liking the diminutive size and the deformed Witch King riding atop of the fell beast. I'll need to see more of the new SS piece before making a final decision on that one, but so far, so good.

The only thing I don't like about the WETA piece is the tiny Witchking, which is the main reason why I don't own it. I see this new dio as a nice alternative to the WETA piece and for those that own the WETA, the new dio would complement it very well.

As far as overall size, I used to have issues with the smaller beasties in the WETA line, but after I bought the baby Rog and fell in love with it, I've been more forgiving. The new dio will fit in well with the Mumak, Battle Troll, etc. My only concern is the price tag. I'm sure it will be at least $250-$300, and from that standpoint I don't see it as being a more valuable item than the WETA statue.

The purple on the Weta FB wasn't a huge issue for me since I'm sure the original Fell Beast was purple. I mean how couldn't it be, it was sculpted and designed by the same people that worked on the film. :monkey3

I'm in total agreement with LOTRFan and choopie, the main problem with the original Fell Beast statue was the craptacular Morgul Lord sitting on top. The sculpt and design of the actual Fell Beast was great.

The purple on the Weta FB wasn't a huge issue for me since I'm sure the original Fell Beast was purple. I mean how couldn't it be, it was sculpted and designed by the same people that worked on the film. :monkey3

:rotfl Very funny!

I'm in total agreement with LOTRFan and choopie, the main problem with the original Fell Beast statue was the craptacular Morgul Lord sitting on top. The sculpt and design of the actual Fell Beast was great.

Some of the ML's were better than other's. I had six of these and one of them was actually pretty good, the other's.....not so much. Kept the good one, but eventually sold it as well because of the small size and color. The fell beast itself is a great sculpt though.

Back