Literary Characters?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Do they do statues of Literary characters or do they just do them when they make movies out of them?

Most companies would not make a statue/collectible of a character unless there is an established visage of the character. This could come from companion books or covers. Without this established image, the character has infinite looks because every reader has their own look for the character.

I'm sure someone could buy the rights to an author's series of books and make collectibles at any time.

For books this can be very strange for a reader. Years ago Anne Rice made a series of high-end dolls based off her Interview with a Vampire book. The looks of the characters were galaxies away from the image I had of these characters in my head. This was before the movie came out.

True but as of recently they have been making graphic novels based on Salvatores work. So the characters have been drawn and his books are written around an established license, D&D so there are miniatures out there of the characters. I am not sure if you are familiar with his work or not but his most famous character is Drizzt. I was just wondering if they created statues for them or how long it usually takes for a line to come out.

Companies will only make characters that they are sure they can sell; which nowadays, are based on movies and comics. Anything that is not widely known and commercialized, they are probably not going to make; which is a shame, I would like some literary characters myself. But it is a business...

I HIGHLY doubt it would ever happen. In fact I am pretty much sure it never will,but this wold make an awesome dio.

Sojourn_6_1093136742.jpg

It's certainly not common unless it's a well-established classic, like The Wizard of Oz, A Christmas Carol, Treasure Island, etc. Those have been around long enough to merit a number of representations that aren't based on mass-media. Nonetheless, they tend to be specialty figures and not very common. You'll probably end up waiting for the movie to come out. I mean heck, I was waiting for a good Faramir figure since I was twelve, but then the movie came out and I got my wish. There is always hope!

If they make cover art shouldn't that count as being a graphical depiction of the main character if it is represented on the cover?

The cover art is the first thing you see when you pick up a book. It is also supposed to be the image you see as you read the story. I understand that it probably will never happen until it hits main stream but in my perfect little twisted world I think it should.

I would love to see a Sherlock Holmes, Long John Silver etc. I just think it would be a good way to capture a new audience. IMO.

Back