OFFICIAL SS 1:6 SW figure of the Year

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OFFICIAL SS 1:6 SW figure of the Year

• Leia as Boussh

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Asajj Ventress, Sith Apprentice

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Princess Leia Organa ANH

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Holographic Darth Sidious & Mechno-Chair

• Luke Skywalker, Bespin Commander

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Endor Strike Force Bundle

• Ben "Obi-Wan" Kenobi ANH

Votes: 48 54.5%
  • Dejarik Holochess Set

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Plo Koon, Jedi Knight

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Buboicullar Creature Pack

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

jedibear

Figuring it out
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Here we are at the end of a very busy year for Star Wars collectors here at Sideshow....we've seen an amazing variety of figures, creatures, accessories and more...

Let's look back at what we've seen and choose what was the most outstanding 1:6 scale figure Sideshow produced for the Star Wars collection...

My personal choice...it was tough...and I almost went with my first choice of Leia as Boussh, an excellent figure to be sure. I do not yet have the pleasure of examining the apparent fine quality of the latest release, Ben "Obi-Wan" Kenobi. But then I went back and checked just what I photographed the most when I received it over the last year and the figure with the highest picture count surprised me....

Assaj Ventress, Sith Disciple.

2153023984_6b93910fd3_b.jpg

Simply a stunning figure that generated a great, strong reaction here. Lots of great photography and modifications from alot of different folks here...
Sideshow made her even more awesome by including one of the best exclusives of the line so far...an alternate portrait that just rocked...

I think it's safe to say Sideshow Freaks will welcome more SW characters from the EU if they are rendered with the artistry and excellence of Assaj Ventress...this great figure really makes this fan look forward to seeing her in the forthcoming "Clone Wars" series...

Last edited:
Re: Sideshow Star Wars 1:6 Figure of the year...

Good choice! But since it technically shipped in 2007 I have to go with...

Obi-Wan (Ben) Kenobi:

oldben02je8.jpg

And, for me, it's not even close... as this is the best figure in THE LINE so far, much less this year. :rock

Yeah, gotta go with Old Ben. There where a lot of very good figures in 2007 and 2008 should get off to a great start with the 2 pack.

Without having Ben in the collection yet, I voted Boussh. Great likeness, but also great outfit and accessories, helmet, etc.

I'm just jealous everybody's having a chance to enjoy this guy already and i've got another week to wait...:) :(

And to think Josh, just a short time ago you were lamenting those first shots appearing online, expecting doom... (I kid you sir...:))

And to think Josh, just a short time ago you were lamenting those first shots appearing online, expecting doom... (I kid you sir...:))

I know. I'm glad I was way way way wrong on this figure.

I am not sure what criteria people who are voting for Ben are using. But I will Give the rundown on why I thought Boushh beat Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi.

1) Likeness - Ben was awesome...near perfect. Leia Boushh was even closer

2) Costume...both done very well. But Boushh has more complexity and still came out as well as could be. Obi-Wan was excellent...but I found the pants under the robe to be just a little like they were a rushed after-thought.

3) Accessories - Both done equally well. Leia Boush just had more. And I dig accessories!

4) Quality - Leia was perfect with absolutely no quality issues on my samples. My Exc. Ben has a frozen elbow joint.

Not that ANH Obi-Wan isn't a freakin' awesome figure. But I have to wonder if his character popularity isn't detracting a little from objectivity.

Re: The OFFICIAL Sideshow 1:6 Figure of '07 POLL

I really liked the Endor Troopers even when I intially shunned them. I have to give it to Obi though. Best figure this year. :cool:

I vote Plo Koon. It was a tough call, even though Plo is the only one I own, I've seen alot of the figures from others collections and Asajj, Old Ben, and Leia Boushh all look awesome. The thing that made me finally tip my favor towards Plo is his exclusive, I really like that they used something from concept art for it.

I am not sure what criteria people who are voting for Ben are using. But I will Give the rundown on why I thought Boushh beat Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi.

1) Likeness - Ben was awesome...near perfect. Leia Boushh was even closer

2) Costume...both done very well. But Boushh has more complexity and still came out as well as could be. Obi-Wan was excellent...but I found the pants under the robe to be just a little like they were a rushed after-thought.

3) Accessories - Both done equally well. Leia Boush just had more. And I dig accessories!

4) Quality - Leia was perfect with absolutely no quality issues on my samples. My Exc. Ben has a frozen elbow joint.

Not that ANH Obi-Wan isn't a freakin' awesome figure. But I have to wonder if his character popularity isn't detracting a little from objectivity.

Pretty much all the figures were nice, but Old Ben takes it. One of the best 07 figures shipped from any company this year, especially for $60.

Where's Jabba, Salacious and Bib?

Man, Its not even a contest. Old Ben. Far and away the best Sideshow figure. Not just of this year, but of the entire line thus far.

Where's Jabba, Salacious and Bib?

The poll only had 10 available slots...and while Jabba did ship in early '07, he seemed like so much more than just a figure...he was an event. Feel free to give the big guy (or his little creatures) the nod if you like...they are great!

And I can't wait to see Old Ben! You guys are killing me! :)

I voted Asajj...She's a FANTASTIC figure, and proves the Sideshow are one of the few companies that can confidently move into the EU and still have their fanbase support...

Back