Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
We need a thread devoted to the discussion of this film!

On 5.22.2008 the greatest Action-Adventure hero of all time returns!

:rock :rock :rock

Or, "The man with the hat is back. And this time he's bringing his... son."

:lol

The graphic novel adaptation cover was in the latest issue of PREVIEWS. Shia with a sword:

KotCS%20comic.jpg

I thought he was great in "Disturbia" and might actually be the best thing about "Transformers" (human wise).

I'll be kind and stick this in here (or until we eventually created a single thread for weird INDY promo stuff):

Dr Pepper drinkers, get ready:

presskit_drpepper_IJ4_1.JPG

presskit_drpepper_IJ4_2.JPG

presskit_drpepper_IJ4_3.JPG

The one thing I like so far about the film is they didn't try and set it just a few short years after the last one. They realized we're a tad smarter than that and went with it years ahead. Now, in regards to Shia I think he did a decent job in Transformers.

Amazon has the book on sale right now and I'm tempted to order but I think I'll hold off right now.

The one thing I like so far about the film is they didn't try and set it just a few short years after the last one. They realized we're a tad smarter than that and went with it years ahead.

Yeah, it's set in 1957... 21 years after RAIDERS. Which is perfect, I think.

I thought he was great in "Disturbia" and might actually be the best thing about "Transformers" (human wise).

My problem is that he's the same in every movie--the same in Transformers as in Disturbia as in Even Stevens as in everything else--he just doesn't have a versatile acting base from which he can draw, and so he can't expand his characters beyond his own personality. That's one of the most central elements of good acting--versatility. I hope he can break out of his shell in this new movie, or else it's just going to inhibit him. Everything he's done so far has been pretty juvenile as far as acting goes, and I'm not a fan of his at all. He's too goofy and shallow. Maybe some time with Ford will help him add some depth to his style. :cool:

Yeah, it's set in 1957... 21 years after RAIDERS. Which is perfect, I think.

Totally perfect indeed.

Cap as far as Shia goes he's a young actor. He has to have time to grow and chances to do so. Plus he's working with Ford who I think will work with him to make him a better actor.

You see, if he plays the same exact character he did in "Disturbia" and "Transformers" he'd make the perfect son of Indy, imho. He even has some of the facial expressions and mannerisms down without being an exact clone ala River Phoenix (who was terrific as Young Indy in "Last Crusade").

Right! Indy is kind of a semi-goof as it is especially when things get going wacky. Shia seems to do that quite easily so in the end it could work quite well.

He dies in the end.

Who? Indy or Mutt? If you say Indy, that's always something I've wondered as well (even though it would shock/disappoint many). That Lucas decided to remove Old Indy from the "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" at least raises some eyebrows to this point.

We'll see...

My problem is that he's the same in every movie--the same in Transformers as in Disturbia as in Even Stevens as in everything else--he just doesn't have a versatile acting base from which he can draw, and so he can't expand his characters beyond his own personality. That's one of the most central elements of good acting--versatility. I hope he can break out of his shell in this new movie, or else it's just going to inhibit him. Everything he's done so far has been pretty juvenile as far as acting goes, and I'm not a fan of his at all. He's too goofy and shallow. Maybe some time with Ford will help him add some depth to his style. :cool:

That's EXACTLY how I feel about him. He always plays himself and I can't stand who he portrays. Labeouf's personality isn't anything like Ford to me, Harrison always acts laid back and cool unless he's in the middle of action, Labeouf mostly acts as a stuck up, cocky nerd.
I did like Disturbia, but that's the only thing I think his personality has worked in due to the character's backstory of his father just dieing.
I hope he does improve for the sake of the Indiana Jones saga.

I heard the ending is that they discover Little Richard is an alien spy but allow him to live on earth as the great ambassador to Venuvians.

That explains the lack of "Crystal Skull" specific collectibles, so far. Little Richard won't allow his likeness to be used. :monkey1

Back