Do we need an Indiana Jones section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do we need a seperate Indiana Jones forum?

• No, all Indy threads should remain in General

Votes: 43 37.7%
  • Yes, but it should go in with Star Wars section as an "all things Lucas" forum

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Yes, Indy needs his own forum all to himself

Votes: 52 45.6%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
This was requested and has some support. I think it may be a bit limiting, I'd hate to see a section languish like the military forum does.

To clarify this section would be all things Indy, just like the Star Wars is all things Star Wars. With multiple companies coming out with product for all 4 movies and Crystal Skull arriving in May there will be some things to talk about.

So go ahead and vote.

Not so much a question, as when do we need one? As soon as Sideshow releases something. Make it so.

I voted for its own section... while it would be funny to add it into the SW section, I think many of the threads would quickly get buried by the volume of SW threads.

I actually think it's a bit early to judge, but given the fact that this license is a big big deal and there truckloads of fans here and many shiploads to arrive once the license lifts off I don't see why not. Granted if you go by the example of the military forum you could fear a low activity grade over time but it's always very practical for me not having to go through loads of threads to filter out Hot Toys military stuff etc. Plus that particular case is more sideshow's fault for not releasing any stuff.

Indy needs its own area. Sticking it with the SW part would be just a really really bad idea. It would get buried in all the SW posts and be infected by a lot of the SW folk. Kind of like its getting buried now in the general section. No offense but I don't want to have to look through threads about all the stuff you see here for the Indy post/posts. Plus there are going to be a TON of Indy items and it would clear space in this section.

So I don't get how people are voting no for something like Indy.:confused:

I think it needs it's own thread... Just thing about it this way... Summer 2008. Batman threads, Indy threads, whatever other kind of craziness that is released at the time... it's going to get tight in here. Just like it did when Dek Dave and co were starting to get fired up about the Predator and Aliens stuff. This entire General section was FILLED with the threads about it, and the other threads just kept disappearing from the section.

I say make it so... There are fans here, myself included. We could have a thread with Indy costumes and custom figures, movie rumors... etc. And once the figures, PF's and Busts start rolling in... the place will be on fire. :duff

Even if it would die out eventually which I doubt it will, you could just revert it back to the general section right? But like Josh said, if you're into a certain franchise it's a pain having to go through tons of stuff that doesn't interest you.

I voted for it to be moved into the Star Wars threads. That way only half of the posts will be people complaining about stuff. :monkey3

If the Indy stuff stays here in the general section I think I'll pass on posting most of the time in them. I don't feel like having to look through threads about Supes, Batman, Misc Medicom/HT items to find Indy.

SS will have its own Indy Items so why not give it a section of its own? Voting against it just seems kind of dumb.

I voted NO.

I remember when WG posted the Indy thread and it fell to page 5 sometimes.

Yes, the film will spike posts and so will the rollout of product so it will be useful and it will get very crowded in Gen in 08. Maybe a Superhero thread would be more practical although there is a Marvel thread, but that would allow Indy to flourish in the Gen section.

I think an Indy Section would languish more and more over time... because there prolly won't be more Indy Films to support it.

A superhero section? We have Marvel and SS doesn't make DC items. If they did you can just rename the Marvel section. The General section is for all the general items companies make.

SS will be making Indy items for a while I would imagine so why not? Threads wouldn't fall to page 5 in its own section now would it? At least not any different than say threads do in the SW or LOTR sections. Plus there are products coming from Hasbro and GG as well as many others I would assume.

Once the movies are done I would say the section would be like the LOTR one has been at times after the movies and EE where done. A little slow but product still comes from those movies and I'm sure it will be the same with Indy.

Plus we still have a section for Buffy/Angel and has anyone seen anything major from those in a while? Outside of the couple PF's that have been made and maybe a touch of news about the comics. The horror stuff isn't much better really a PF once in a while, a 1:1 bust every now and then, and now a scant dio to mix in. They're not coming hard and fast by any means and really its The Dead line that will keep that section going strong.

I think pjam's right. There would be a flurry of activity around the release of the movie and the beginning of the Indy merchandising onslught, then would languish after the movie's gone and the product releases slow down.

A Lucasfilm section would be a better idea imo. Indy may have to compete with the Star Wars drama, but putting the two together would certainly ensure there'd be no lack of activity.

I voted NO.

Yes, the film will spike posts and so will the rollout of product so it will be useful and it will get very crowded in Gen in 08. Maybe a Superhero thread would be more practical although there is a Marvel thread, but that would allow Indy to flourish in the Gen section.

I think an Indy Section would languish more and more over time... because there prolly won't be more Indy Films to support it.

It's endured for nearly 30 years, so I don't know that having no film will cause it to be forgotten.

It's not like Star Wars where there's promise of more things to come, but it is a bit like Lord of the Rings (before Hobbit was announced). And the LotR section was starting to get a less traveled.

It's endured for nearly 30 years, so I don't know that having no film will cause it to be forgotten.

It's not like Star Wars where there's promise of more things to come, but it is a bit like Lord of the Rings (before Hobbit was announced). And the LotR section was starting to get a less traveled.

Yeah, I know, but the point is there wasn't enough Interest to support an Indy section before the Film as evidenced by the Indy thread falling to page 5... then of course there will be a spike, but once the film passes, I said it will languish more and more over time, not that it wouldn't endure or be forgotten as there will be product rollouts.

Just less... a bit like LOTR and that Section has been languishing as of late and will continue to.

The ROTLA product is the engine in this Section once I4 goes to DVD...

And Josh, Superheroes are BIG traffic on this board, whether SSC makes figs or not. Where have you been Dude? I posted a Keaton Batman thread, expecting a 2 page response and it is now over 1000 posts...

I voted NO.

The voice of reason....:lecture Honestly, you guys are all hyper now, but when the new movie comes out,Sideshow will release 4-5 12'' a a couple PF'S and the hype will die eventually.Word.Indy is an old fart.

Yeah, I know, but the point is there wasn't enough Interest to support an Indy section before the Film as evidenced by the Indy thread falling to page 5... then of course there will be a spike, but once the film passes, I said it will languish more and more over time, not that it wouldn't endure or be forgotten as there will be product rollouts.

Just less... a bit like LOTR and that Section has been languishing as of late and will continue to.

The ROTLA product is the engine in this Section once I4 goes to DVD...

And Josh, Superheroes are BIG traffic on this board, whether SSC makes figs or not. Where have you been Dude? I posted a Keaton Batman thread, expecting a 2 page response and it is now over 1000 posts...

Again,what he said.

The Marvel section does get a lot of traffic and your ONE thread does. We don't need a whole section though for DC figures stick them with Marvel. Plus your Keaton Batman thread is about the custom figure right and a nice one too so it getting a lot of responses doesn't surprise me.

I'll take an Indy section over a superhero section anyday.

The voice of reason....:lecture Honestly, you guys are all hyper now, but when the new movie comes out,Sideshow will release 4-5 12'' a a couple PF'S and the hype will die eventually.Word.Indy is an old fart.

I've been a fan of Indy my entire life as have many others. I don't think we're going to just go away. We don't change what we like the same way you do Shai. You've been all over the place in your time on the board with what you like and collect. Also if you think thats all SS is gonna make then you need to really get a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you necessarily have to make the decision based on whether excitement about Indiana Jones will stick around forever. The question is whether it would be useful to have a separate area when all sorts of companies are releasing stuff in the next year or two. And I think the answer to that is yes. If it dies down to nothing after that, then the forum can just be re-absorbed back into the general movie forum.

I also think that it would be a good idea to make Marvel into a general superheroes forum.

Back