Custom Dark Knight figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just started work on my custom Joker. Didn't realize how little we actually see of Joker's left side. I'm working on the scars first, and I've found lots of the right side, but only one or two of the left. The right is more of a raised scar and the left is more of a cut-in type scar, and longer.

I also have a (hopefully) clever idea for the make up. :D

Re: "The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Just started work on my custom Joker. Didn't realize how little we actually see of Joker's left side. I'm working on the scars first, and I've found lots of the right side, but only one or two of the left. The right is more of a raised scar and the left is more of a cut-in type scar, and longer.

I also have a (hopefully) clever idea for the make up. :D

Great news! I start sculpting on the Rickenbacker figure tomorrow too, so hopefully I can make something interesting out of it. I think it will be more classic scary joker than the film version... but still twisted nontheless.

I do have parts coming for the Ledger Joker though, so that will be a whole different kinda bad. :D

Great news! I start sculpting on the Rickenbacker figure tomorrow too, so hopefully I can make something interesting out of it. I think it will be more classic scary joker than the film version... but still twisted nontheless.

I do have parts coming for the Ledger Joker though, so that will be a whole different kinda bad. :D

:lol When I first was getting Eddie, I said I'd go more classic and you would go more Dark Knight. Now I'm going more Dark Knight and you more classic! :rotfl

I can't sculpt well either, but at least you can paint. I hope to make something to hold me over just until Hot Toys does theirs.

Where did you find some of the Dark Knight clothing? I found a tie and that is about it. I'd even settle for just finding a vest, shirt, and pants for the jail scene.

I don't know if you noticed, but Eddie has almost identical gloves to the ones Heath is wearing!

I can't wait to see these finished Jokers. I'm thinking about doing one, myself.

Eddie is in the oven. Lets hope all goes well. :eek:

Edit: Good news and bad news. Good news is that Eddie didn't melt in the oven. Bad news is that the sculpy didn't seem to harden much. The scars on the face are fine, but I think the hair is going to be a wash. Maybe rooted hair isn't such a bad job on custom figures? I'll see how the hair does overnight, but I might be making a trip to Michaels for a little doll hair. Just color it green, and presto.

Hopefully I'll have him done (except clothing) tomorrow. I'll be taking my first attempt at seriously painting a figure... but with a Nolan twist. :D

Last edited:

croppededdiejokerre5.jpg

Hair is a bit dredlocky, but this was my first attempt at doing hair - let alone, long, wild, out of control hair. I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the doll hair though.

The real hair is proving more difficult than I thought. In the meantime, here is a teaser now that I got rid of the awfult dredlock hair :lol

jokerteaservp5.jpg

Looking food, munch. Can't wait to see the finished, painted head with hair.

I will PM you my address, so you can send the finished product to me.

I painted the gloves purple today, but they are still drying. The gel managed the hair just a bit, but it is still all over the place. I'll try to get a better pic up tonight.

I'm trying to work up a good computer model of Ledger's Joker in 3ds Max, I just got the hair pretty good, I'll try to post a picture sometime, I have to reinstall the program because of Windows issues but I'll be working on it some more later, Plus I need to do the face sculpt in Mudbox so I can match it up with the hair.

Now that I got the hair fixed and the gloves painted (the only paint I used on the figure) here are two more pics. One without a flash and one with (it is dark here so the lighting sucks anyway).

imgp3020en4.jpg

imgp3019wm7.jpg

The face paint and lipstick are in fact, real make up and lipstick left over from my halloween costume. Even the hair was colored with left over green hair spray. It isn't permanent of course, but it looks more realistic than I think paint would. Plus I can change him from clean to messy looks.

NICE work Man!! The hair is a bit frizzy... you could use glue to mess it up a bit.

I am still in work on mine, I will be posting pics here in a bit. :D

Here's my in work Joker. Now remember... this is not finished and is more a classic style Joker with a bit of Nolan stylings. I WILL be doing a Ledger Joker soon as well, but this will be my practice. :D

DSCN3845.jpg

DSCN3846.jpg

DSCN3844.jpg

DSCN3847.jpg

That's amazing Josh! What was the base head?

Fan-freaking-tastic Josh! You blow mine out of the water. But that was a given since you are a master by now and I'm just starting.

The added hair looks great. It keeps a majority of Eddie's already existing hair, but adds just a bit of craziness to it. The lower teeth look great as well. Can't wait to see it finished. Are you going with more of a Ledger outfit on this, or classical, or a mix of both like the sculpt and make-up/skin?

I know what you mean about my hair, that stuff just has a mind of its own. I put more gel on that stuff than I use in a week and it is still out of control. At least the make-up has been fairly cooperative, and the gloves were a piece of cake to paint even for me.

I just find it amazing how different the three known Joker customs from this figure are! Poor Eddie is probably rolling over in his grave :lol

Here's a quick test with the hair, really it should be more stringy (like more hair stuck together) but I'll have to wait until I have the head to refine it more.

jokertest480el1.jpg

And can anyone tell me who's head that is? (it's someone from a popular movie series we all cherish and it's not Star Wars).

Not sure who the face is (Faramir?), but I think you've got the basic structure of the hair down. It does need to be a bit messier and oily, but like you said, you need Heath's face in there first. I just wish I could get my Joker's hair like that :lol

Not sure who the face is (Faramir?)

That's really close, it's Elijah Wood.

Really the problem is that the hair parameters in the program have an option for multi-strand hairs (like what I want to have) but they don't have an option to change how many hairs are multi-strand so all of the hair will be stringy and some places shouldn't be like that, like around the ears and stuff, so I'll have to do some stuff to change it around. With luck I could get this done before I have to go back to school and it'll actually look good.

Back