Showing unproduced Weta statues...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

FrodoEyes

Since - Brant, I think it was - said in SDCC chat that next year he plans to show us what the Galadriel statue would have looked like WITH the base, I've been thinking about other statues that were made but not released...will Sideshow show them to us too? Would you like to see them or would you see it as a kick in the teeth that they'd be saying "And this is what you COULD have owned!"?
Myself, I would love to see all unreleased products. Ones we've seen - Argonath, Hobbiton factory, Moria cemetary, Lurtz - and ones we havent - Pippin, Barad Dur.
I really don't think there was much left that was sculpted to be released, Brant said we had seen most of the stuff. I base this on what Sideshow have been recently releasing - older statues and enviros. If there really was any newer stuff done and dusted I'm sure Sideshow would have wanted to cash in and release as much as possible. Maybe when the license is over we'll get all the answers, but I'd love to know whether things like Barad Dur and MOS on steed were ever made.
Maybe we could have photos of unreleased statues in the proposed SSW book that everyone - including Richard Taylor - wants to see. That'd be a nice end to the line..

I'd like to see them as well. Hopefully Brant will * leak* those photos of Galadriel's mirror.

I asked whether Weta ever tried to create Barad-dur and Brant said that was one they never attempted since Danbury Mint had the liscense for it.

I'd love to see a FOTR Pippin if one exists but I know I'd get angry if a Faramir piece was shown. :lol

I think all that would do is piss me off. Especially knowing we still had six months in the year left.

If Brant finds any Fountain Guard pics.................... I'm gonna do somefing very silly :drool :thwak :bang :doh

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

It would be neat but in someways I'm not sure I want to see stuff I can't get.

dunno if that wise to show those pics, it'll be like............here's what you coulda had :lol :bang

We are adults (most of us) but I'd consider it a Kick in the B@lls,
and it would pi$$ me off to see really cool things we didn't get.

"Here is what you could have had, but we chose not to make."

Especially since the mirror was a MUCH requested item to have
with the Galadriel Statue. So much so that I'd consider sculpting
one and painting, just to make the scene. You could even have
the Frodo Statue there as well, to make a full scene.

To get to the nerdy-science reasoning: Studies have shown that
people feel a loss of something they had or could have had,
much more than happiness of something they did get or do have.

Re: re:

No....not interested in what they should have made....
only in what they did or will make.

We are adults (most of us) but I'd consider it a Kick in the B@lls,

Why? Because they they made something else instead? I wanted the Argonaths really bad but dont even concider it a kick in the balls that it wasnt mass produced. You cant always get what you want so o well I guess.
Just because the line has ended now doesnt mean that it wont be picked up again in the future. Sheesh show em.

Instead of thinking of them as "something that we can't/didn't get" or "something that should have been made" (both of which are useless expressions of negative feelings at this point), how about looking at them as impressive works of art deserving of admiration?

Just a thought.

I'd like it if they did a book and some of them where in there actually. I kid about the salt in the wound I mean why the heck not show them.

no matter how you look at it.........it's still a kick in the stones :rollin

I want to see them... and a book would be the perfect way to show them off. I would love to see any completed prototypes, any works-in-progress, and any concept designs.

Gary

v

Instead of thinking of them as "something that we can't/didn't get" or "something that should have been made" (both of which are useless expressions of negative feelings at this point), how about looking at them as impressive works of art deserving of admiration?

:bow

Well said Robo, as I also am and thankful for what we have vs getting all bent over what we dont............:hat

Re: v

no matter how you look at it.........it's still a kick in the stones
Not to me it isn't. :dunno

I'd like it if they did a book and some of them where in there actually.
I think it would be awesome! A nice high quality "coffee table" art book would be really cool, something similar in layout to the "Art of" books. And perhaps they could include a companion DVD to go with it. :banana

Back