Official Hot Toys Video Game Masterpiece Series Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudshark

Plastic Figure Addict
CF Supporter
Reaction score
There are already quite a few threads dedicated to Hot Toys figures, and there is even one for the upcoming Resident Evil 4 (Biohazard) 1/6 scale figures, but I thought there ought to be one thread that would generally cover all figures released under the "Video Game Masterpiece Series" title, past, present and future.

As far as I know, the first video game character Hot Toys has produced is "Commander Specter", the Navy SEAL team leader from the popular "SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs" franchise. Being a devoted fan of the series, I was overjoyed when I heard that Hot Toys was going in this direction. Although Commander Specter was a special LE release, and there was no official mention of a dedicated "video game masterpiece series" at the time, I had the feeling that they were onto a very good thing. Lo and behold, they announced the Resident Evil 4 figures, under the new title, and a new line was born!

I have no idea what's on the drawing board, but I expect there will be plenty of extremely cool and iconic game characters announced in the months and years ahead. There have already been many discussions here and elsewhere about what characters people would like to them to make. I already have a list of most wanted characters, as I'm sure many other game Freaks who might be reading this do. Let this thread be a place where we can discuss those ideas, wants, suggestions, and anything else related to this new line of goodness from Hot Toys.

Let me kick things off with a partial list of characters I would personally like to see Hot Toys make...

Just for starters,

1. Figures from the earlier Resident Evil/Biohazard games:

Any of the S.T.A.R.S. team members from the first game, Claire and Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy, and Ada Wong from the second game, and Jill and Carlos from the third game...and of course any of the multitude of possible T-virus mutations that populated each of those games.

2. Figures from the first Metal Gear Solid game, MGS2: Sons of Liberty, MGS3: Snake Eater, and of course, the next installment in the series, MGS4. * There are too many to list them all here, but those of you who love this game too will know which characters I mean!

3. The rest of Commander Specter's SEAL team!

4. Dante from Devil May Cry!

5. Kratos from God of War!

6. CJ from GTA: San Andreas!

I'm crazy about video games and I could be here all night making this list, so I'll just leave it at that and let anyone who's interested post some of their own ideas. Have at it folks! :D

Great thread Mudshark! May Hot toys read it!

It'd take hours for me to list every video game character I'd like to be made by HT but here are the ones I'd like to see made the most.

-Resident Evil: Every S.T.A.R.S members, Ada, Hunk and El Gigante from RE4.
-Metal Gear Solid: Solid Snake, Fox Hound, Dead cell, Raiden, well... every one I guess
-I'd love to see Dante as well!

I don't have a lot of hope as far as the MGS figures are concerned since Medicom seems to have the licence but I'm pretty confident that we'll some other Resident Evil figures especially the S.T.A.R.S members since HT is specialized in military figures.

I think that video game figures haven't found their niche yet (excluding the japanese figures). Mostly, it's been movie characters. Besides the ones you guys already named, I would like to see:

1. Link and Gannondorf from Ocarina of Time (my favorite Zelda game and classic looking characters)
  2. Some form of Mario and Bowser would be great.

Awesome thread Mudshark!! :rock

I recently wrote to HT begging them to do a line of Gears of War figures! I also would like to see figures from other Resident Evil games (Chris & Claire Redfield, Jill Valentine, Wesker and Ada Wong), Kratos and Dante. Those figures would F'n RULE!! :rock

Awesome thread Mudshark!! :rock

I recently wrote to HT begging them to do a line of Gears of War figures! I also would like to see figures from other Resident Evil games (Chris & Claire Redfield, Jill Valentine, Wesker and Ada Wong), Kratos and Dante. Those figures would F'n RULE!! :rock

I was never a fan of the Devil May Cry games, but Dante is one BAMF looking guy

Onimusha series,that would be so cool,Onimusha and MGS series,the Medicom Snake figures is cool,but the Head Sculpt can be done so much better.

1. Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell)
2. Onimusha
3. Prince of Persia
4. Attir (Assassin's Creed)

Are a few characters I would like to see.

Great choices from everybody so far! Many of those are definitely on my list too! Loved Onimusha and Splinter Cell. Onimusha has been done once before by Dragon, but that was several years ago. If Hot Toys got into doing Samurai figures it would be interesting to see if they could give DiD a run for their money. I'd love to see HT start a line of ancient warriors, and who knows, maybe they will if enough people ask for them. Onimusha figures would definitely rock!

Hot Toys could do a knockout version of Splinter Cell right now, though. That's right up their alley. I'm sure they could do the same with any Metal Gear characters. They made suits similar to Snake's sneaking suit on both their Batman and Appleseed figures, and the modern weapons and combat equipment would be easy as pie. It remains to be seen if they can work a license deal with Konami, but if they do there are gonna be an awful lot of excited gamers/figure collectors all over the planet!

There are still lots of other great characters we haven't mentioned yet that would make awesome 1/6 scale figures. Keep 'em coming everybody!

I wanna see Link, Zelda and Ganon; Mario and Princess Toadstool; Cloud, Tifa, Aeris and Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII; Squall Leonhart from Final Fantasy VIII; Sora, Riku, Kairi and Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts 2; Samus from Metroid; Master Chief from Halo.....there is actually quite a few games that I could see being really heavy hitters in a Video Game Masterpiece series even really obscure games with unique designs if they are done well.....I wonder if MediCom seems to have a deal with Nintendo since they've done a couple of figures for them and if they would block anything....Not to mention Gentle Giant's license with Halo....will be interesting if the King of 1/6 really gets their hands on video game classic characters what they could do...

Onimusha series,that would be so cool,Onimusha and MGS series,the Medicom Snake figures is cool,but the Head Sculpt can be done so much better.

Well I own both the tiger stripes and zombie camo versions and let me tell you that those figures are simply perfect. They totally captured Big Boss' likeness imo.
Now I'd love to see what HT would do. I guess we should make a petition or something. It should be quite easy to gather a few thousands of votes and send it to Hot Toys :D

Well I own both the tiger stripes and zombie camo versions and let me tell you that those figures are simply perfect. They totally captured Big Boss' likeness imo.
Now I'd love to see what HT would do. I guess we should make a petition or something. It should be quite easy to gather a few thousands of votes and send it to Hot Toys :D
Medicom did do a superb job on the Snake figures. I wish he'd come with a few more weapons, and it would've been nice if the eye patch and bandana weren't part of the head sculpt, but they're still among my most favorite figures. Btw, I'm all for the petition idea. For all we know they're already on it, but it couldn't hurt to let 'em know there's a market already waiting!

If they ever do get a Metal Gear license, I also hope they start with Metal Gear Solid. I'd really like to have Grey Fox as the Cyber-Ninja in 1/6 scale. I'd also like to have that big dude with the mini-gun strapped to his back, Vulcan Raven. I've still got the McFarlane 7" versions of them that came out years ago and they're still two of my favorites! I wonder if Hot Toys is getting any of this???

I'd really like the MGS2 Solid Snake...that's the most definitive look of him to me. He had his mullet and the cool,grayish blue sneaking suit. It's also the one that he is depicted with in Super Smash Bros. BRAWL and World Dream Fighters Mix.

medium_Solid_Snake_MGS2_.2.jpg

HT is the only company that could do the Halo license any justice in sixthscale :monkey2:monkey2

A series of figures from RE1 (STARS Barvo Team and creatures) and MGS (Solid Snake and Grey Fox Ninja) would be incredible!! How about a sixthscale Metal Gear Rex too :rotfl:rotfl:rock:rock

I loved the design of Rex and the confrontation at the games end is one of my favourites game moments ever. Its almost a shame he was 50 meters tall though, rendering a 1/6 replica totally implausable.

The MGS series has such a rich depth of interesting characters and the future-tech militaria art direction lends itself prefectly for a series of figures by Hot Toys.

Considering that Hot Toys is doing the RE4 figures they already have a shoe-in with Capcom and if those figures sell extremely well, then it'll be only natural that their business relationship will continue.

Capcom has Street Fighter IV coming out within a year, there's plenty of time to get those figures made in 1/6 scale!!! Especially my boy,Ken! :D

Back