Whats wrong with sideshowtoy site?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktjn

Super Freak
Reaction score
I keep getting taken to the han solo EX stream, now it's just a white screen that won't load..?:confused:

During Streamlined PPO's the site is switched over to handle ONLY the PPO item, to assist in balancing server load. That usually only lasts for a max of 30 mins. It should be fine now. If it's still not loading, clear your cache, close your browser and try again :duff

During Streamlined PPO's the site is switched over to handle ONLY the PPO item, to assist in balancing server load. That usually only lasts for a max of 30 mins. It should be fine now. If it's still not loading, clear your cache, close your browser and try again :duff

Oh, ok. Yeah, it's fine now. But while it was going on, it would let me leave the site by hitting the back button. Thank You for the infos.

Sorry for the necro post, but I didn't really want to start another thread. I noticed this weeks poll is "Which of the following features of the newly re-designed SideshowCollectibles.com do you like the most?" It mentioned 'Site search Feature' and also mentioned 'Find it fast'. I use the search function "Search by keyword or item number". I had a hard time looking for the Darkness PF. It came up when I input 'Lord of Darkness', but not for Darkness, or Legend, or some other keywords I put in. I hope that it is just a one of, and isn't as difficult as the time I had.

Sorry for the necro post, but I didn't really want to start another thread. I noticed this weeks poll is "Which of the following features of the newly re-designed SideshowCollectibles.com do you like the most?" It mentioned 'Site search Feature' and also mentioned 'Find it fast'. I use the search function "Search by keyword or item number". I had a hard time looking for the Darkness PF. It came up when I input 'Lord of Darkness', but not for Darkness, or Legend, or some other keywords I put in. I hope that it is just a one of, and isn't as difficult as the time I had.

The search is based off of tags, and they know they have a lot of work to do to clean up the tags on each item. It will take some time to get everything cleaned up and "search-able" correctly.

That search also pulls words from the descriptions, so anything with the word 'darkness' in the text description will also be pulled up when searching for only the word 'darkness'. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's a way around that, as it's part of the search.

Another tip, if you hit the 'view all product results' on the search result page (on the bottom right, below the horizontal top 25 photos) for 'darkness' it will list ALL products with Darkness located anywhere in the title/text/keywords. Then the Lord of Darkness PF is the 4th figure down on the list (not sure why that's in a different order than the top 25).

That search also pulls words from the descriptions, so anything with the word 'darkness' in the text description will also be pulled up when searching for only the word 'darkness'. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's a way around that, as it's part of the search.

Another tip, if you hit the 'view all product results' on the search result page (on the bottom right, below the horizontal top 25 photos) for 'darkness' it will list ALL products with Darkness located anywhere in the title/text/keywords. Then the Lord of Darkness PF is the 4th figure down on the list (not sure why that's in a different order than the top 25).

Thanks for the tips Dusty. I wouldn't have tried those without having some instruction. I would have just used the 'keyword' function, which didn't bring up Darkness in the top 25, which is what threw me. Using the 'More' button I found Legend, which is what I should have tried sooner, rather than after I found the Darkness PF by other means. I just became confused because it wasn't as intuitive as the old site.

I'm having trouble again. Where the, ummm, where can I find the Archive of sold out 12 inch figures and the like? Why do I have these problems? I bet Frankenstein is behind this. Why are there so many abnormal brains, in glass jars, and why can't they be more adequately labelled? Lonnie, can you help me??? :lol

I'm having trouble again. Where the, ummm, where can I find the Archive of sold out 12 inch figures and the like? Why do I have these problems? I bet Frankenstein is behind this. Why are there so many abnormal brains, in glass jars, and why can't they be more adequately labelled? Lonnie, can you help me??? :lol

What problem are you having? I have been having issues with the Narrow Search function, but I seem to be the only one with the issue, even though it occurs on my home machine and machines at work as well! :google

The Archive is gone :monkey2, but do a search for "12 inch" without the quotes and then use the Narrow Search function and check the box for Sold Out and it should give you the same listing...

tooterturtle.jpg

I can't find the Archive. Help me Mr Wizard.

I was actually looking for the 1/4 scale Terminator Endoskeleton. Sold out. Can only find items up for sale.

Back