Credit Card Debt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
This can get kinda personal and I don't mean to pry. I am still going to ask though! :lol Being that it is the holiday season some people may be running low on cash. I myself am flipping because while trying to save for a vacation I also have this. Factor in the collectibles and unless you are pretty wealthy it can get costly. Don't get me wrong I make a good living but I am far from rich. I have about $1300.00 in credit care debt purely coming from collectibles. So I pose this question. How much is too much? How much do you let your addiction take a hold of you? I refuse to cancel anything. Am I in bad shape? Or is this the norm for collecting?

I won't even say how much is on my credit card:lol

It's not all from collectibles though. After my I kicked out my ex last year I had to get new carpet and fix up several things around the house ( still a couple of things to go as well ).

I hope to have it paid off by Summer though.

This can get kinda personal and I don't mean to pry. I am still going to ask though! :lol Being that it is the holiday season some people may be running low on cash. I myself am flipping because while trying to save for a vacation I also have this. Factor in the collectibles and unless you are pretty wealthy it can get costly. Don't get me wrong I make a good living but I am far from rich. I have about $1300.00 in credit care debt purely coming from collectibles. So I pose this question. How much is too much? How much do you let your addiction take a hold of you? I refuse to cancel anything. Am I in bad shape? Or is this the norm for collecting?

to much for me is when you have no more room to display your new aquisitons...i have reached that point so selling stuff to make room for new stuff is my opition..:monkey2

I use my debit card for my collecting. I usually wait for when I get a 30 day shipping notice from SS and then I start putting money back every week untill it ships. On the PF and the dio's I usually put back a little every month so I am ready for when they go out. I would use a cc but I am afraid I would buy everything coming and going.:D

I use my debit card for my collecting. I usually wait for when I get a 30 day shipping notice from SS and then I start putting money back every week untill it ships. On the PF and the dio's I usually put back a little every month so I am ready for when they go out. I would use a cc but I am afraid I would buy everything coming and going.:D

See that is how I usually do it. That is why I am flipping out! :lol

everyone has their own personal limits. i find that having a visa/mc debit card helps to keep my overspending in check. i can only spend what i have.

yeah debit card for me also, If I can't afford it when it's shipping then it gets cancelled

I know if started putting by collecting onto credit then I'd get myself in a mess :lol

Other than my house payment (and an emergency payment to the IRS) I have been completely debt free for almost a year now. And I once had credit card debt over $40,000 :monkey4

Those days are over. And I now pay cash (or check card) for everything.

I won't even say how much is on my credit card:lol

It's not all from collectibles though. After my I kicked out my ex last year I had to get new carpet and fix up several things around the house ( still a couple of things to go as well ).

I hope to have it paid off by Summer though.

Yea, my ex urinated on the carpet as well. I tried to train her, but it just didn't help. I only have one credit card with a $600 limit on it, so I usually pay for everything cash.

Collectibles lose value too fast as it is, to be tacking on CC interest on top of that is not right.

Probably not looking for a lecture, but I'd stop buying mostly new collectibles for a while and pay off the CC.

When you have the bill paid down and a little cash on hand you can go back and find those items on the secondary market for even less than retail.

Yea, my ex urinated on the carpet as well. I tried to train her, but it just didn't help. I only have one credit card with a $600 limit on it, so I usually pay for everything cash.

Well, my ex's dog did it several times :lol. Plus her kid stained up the carpet with paints, markers and whatever else you can think of since my ex decided that it was ok to use that crap over the carpet when I wasn't home...like I would not notice the stains later. :rolleyes:

Man i just cancelld a shat load of stuff!!! and it fills good!!! i had to much crap coming for the 1st quarter!

Man i just cancelld a shat load of stuff!!! and it fills good!!! i had to much crap coming for the 1st quarter!

I cut way back. I cancelled everything except the Godfather PF ( used a bunch of rewards points towards it ) and the Thing PF. That's all I have on order from SS right now. I have 7 GG mini busts on order too and that's everything. I am getting much more selective. Not only the money, but the space as well.

Me too P!tu and while it feels good and liberating to cancel things, it also makes me kind of sad.

I have really started to take an inward look at my spending habits and they just can't continue as they have in the past. As I pay each credit card off I either close the account or put it away and don't touch it anymore. I want to be debt free and the only way to do that is by having some self control.

collecting is supposed to be fun as soon as I'm starting to finance stretch myself to afford stuff then it's time to get brutal on the cancellations

Me too P!tu and while it feels good and liberating to cancel things, it also makes me kind of sad.

I have really started to take an inward look at my spending habits and they just can't continue as they have in the past. As I pay each credit card off I either close the account or put it away and don't touch it anymore. I want to be debt free and the only way to do that is by having some self control.

amen to that brother!!!

Back