Princess Leia, Bespin Luke reviewed together

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I reviewed any Sideshow Star Wars goodies, so I thought I'd double up on the twins tonight and cover both the Bespin Luke and the normal Princess Leia. When I first saw these in the package, I had one distinct opinion. Once I freed them though, my view changed 180 degrees. Which one ended up a disappointment, and which one was much better than I expected? Hit the review to see!

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

And the Poppies are moving along - check out https://www.mwctoys.com/poppies_intro_2007.htm for the details. I've been receiving nominations from the judges all weekend! Thanks for reading,

Michael
MWC

Wow, I'm quite surprised to see Leia score higher on the sculpt category, they're both great, I'd have figured Luke to at least tie her.

Also shocking to see Leia score higher on outfit.

I can understand and agree with some of the points taken off on Luke, but to even consider a simple wire in Leia's hood elevating it to a 4 seems much. I think Leia's costume is one of the more poorly constructed in the line.

Last edited:
Poorly constructed? It was falling apart on you? No? Well, Luke's was. Leia's costume is simply, but they nailed it. The boots are great. The belt looks terrific. The only thing missing is a wire to make the hood really useful.

Had Luke's holster and tie down not been junk, I would have scored him as high, certainly. And as to sculpt...Luke has a deformed head. Dear Leia is slightly too big, but she didn't look deformed. It looks like the fault of the manufacturing process, not the sculptor, which is too bad, because this might have been a truly excellent Luke otherwise.

Michael
MWC

Last edited:
They aren't as bad as Luke's though, which is perhaps why she pulled the ***1/2 and not *** in this category. Luke's lips are poorly painted, and his eyes have the dark eyeliner. They eyes also lack the gloss finish, and are very much like a mannequin. I was a bit disappointed in the eye work, and it certainly didn't do anything to improve on the slightly warped sculpt.

Bravo. :clap

Intersting. I don't find Leia's had to be big at all. It appears to be fine and Luke's head on mine seems to be pretty good. Her outfit is just not real good as far as what I expect from this line. Luke's turned out alright for me so I didn't have that issue as well. Leia 2 me is the weaker of the two figures.

My lukes Elbow did not move either and when I applied some force after heating it up with a hairdryer the forearm broke in pieces and the pin broke too,but luckily I was able to superglue everything back together and actually improved his right hand as it was very loose and now its tighter the way it should be....Sideshow really needs to check quality control,because this is the 2nd luke Ive had to hairdry his arm free to move :confused:

My lukes Elbow did not move either and when I applied some force after heating it up with a hairdryer the forearm broke in pieces and the pin broke too,but luckily I was able to superglue everything back together and actually improved his right hand as it was very loose and now its tighter the way it should be....Sideshow really needs to check quality control,because this is the 2nd luke Ive had to hairdry his arm free to move :confused:

I don't think they have time to check every body that comes through. Just send it back and get a new one.

its that damned sideshow body. when are they gonna fix this thing already.:banghead

All th joints on my Luke are good and the holster works great on mine. Sounds like Michael's Luke came from the same factory as Wor-Gars. :monkey2

I am supprised that Micheal didn't knock Leia for the short dress and no hem around the collar. Luke's outfit is awesome. I am amazed that Sideshow was able to get an outfit on a 1/6th figure to fit this well. Also I am supprised that Micheal didn't mention anything about Luke's blaster bending upward (very evident in the last photo). Personally, I think Luke is a better figure than a two and a half star figure. I need to return both of my Luke blasters but I think he is a great figure otherwise. Leia, I am going to get, but I think I am going to wait for the time being since there is sooo much new product coming out in the near future. Great review even though I disagree with some of it. The only thing is now for me...do I use the Han Solo ANH figure head for my Bespin?

Brad

I wonder if all the problems with Luke made Leia shine a bit more in comparison. I had a problem with my holster, but the sculpt didn't seem deformed at all. It might be a case of getting the whole figure replaced, because you really seemed to get a raw deal.

An interesting review-- I'll be getting these two delivered at the same time so I'll probably end up doing the comparison thing with them as well.

Wow. I think this is the first review of Michael's that I have disagreed with. I didn't have any problems with my Bespin Luke.

Intersting. I don't find Leia's had to be big at all.

:confused::confused::confused: No wonder people don't read your reviews!

2098155850_5044e182e6.jpg

I like the figure, but there is no denying that her head is way friggin oversized. It's almost as wide as her shoulders. Is your head as wide as your shoulders?

:confused::confused::confused: No wonder people don't read your reviews!

2098155850_5044e182e6.jpg

I like the figure, but there is no denying that her head is way friggin oversized. It's almost as wide as her shoulders. Is your head as wide as your shoulders?

Nice! Class act E. No wonder nobody cares what you have to say either.

I can deny it cause I don't think thats the case. If you don't feel the same that's cool but I see no reason to be a SOB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way too nice on Leia. I would've thought that no trigger finger and her hand color not matching her head would be of some importance. Definitely is for me

Poorly constructed? It was falling apart on you? No? Well, Luke's was. Leia's costume is simply, but they nailed it. The boots are great. The belt looks terrific. The only thing missing is a wire to make the hood really useful.

I find the hood to be at least 50% too small to be functional and accurrate, and to me, the frayed edge near the collar portion of the dress and the separate piece collar and hood construction method was not their best effort in tailoring.

It is a little off, but I don't think it's Sideshow head sizes so much as the prorportions of the base bodies. The female buck has to thin of a neck and it's really not that great a body. Buck bodies aren't the best in the business, but the males are much better than the females I think.

Back