Did Morgan Spurlock find Osama?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHavyck

Super Freak
Reaction score
From MSNBC...Take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22115291/

Exerpt:
Did Morgan Spurlock find Osama bin Laden?

15 minutes of footage shown at film fest sparks bidding war, speculation

Rumors are flying that filmmaker Morgan Spurlock of "Super Size Me" fame may have done what the United States government has failed to do for the last six years — find Osama bin Laden.

The speculation first began at the Berlin International Film Festival in February, where Spurlock showed a select group of potential buyers 15 minutes of footage from his new documentary, "Where in the World Is Osama bin Laden?" The film follows Spurlock through the Middle East in his search for the elusive leader of al-Qaida. According to Slashfilm.com, The Weinstein Co. quickly snapped up the picture after seeing the clips.

Adding to the belief, Daniel Marracino, the film's director of photography, is quoted in Variety, saying of the movie, "We've definitely got the Holy Grail."

Whether this is just a genius publicity ploy or if Spurlock actually found bin Laden has yet to be revealed, but the answer should come next year, when the documentary is slated to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.

Last edited:
Nice little bit of publicity. But as the article says - the footage was shown back in FEBRUARY '07. If it were true there would be much more hoopla, long before now. I imagine that this is just been placed because the film is screening at Sundance next month. If nothing else, the Weinsteins are great showmen and know how to promote.

Re: WTF?! Did Spurlock find bin Laden?

I like the work Spurlock has done. I can't imagine it's just some publicity stunt.

yeah, i'm guessing that if he really had found osama and didn't report it or tell anybody, he'd really be in a hot seat right now. good bit of publicity though, and i enjoy his stuff, so i'll be checking it out.

Nice little bit of publicity. But as the article says - the footage was shown back in FEBRUARY '07. If it were true there would be much more hoopla, long before now. I imagine that this is just been placed because the film is screening at Sundance next month. If nothing else, the Weinsteins are great showmen and know how to promote.

I totally agree that it's likely a way to stir the PR pot, but what if?

What if the goober (and I mean that affectionately) with the bad handlebar was able to find the man that US SpecOps haven't.

That would really put egg on the CiC's face, huh?
:D

There was the recent Richard Gere movie based on a true story where a journalist found some war criminals in the Balkans - they were listed in the phone book and he just went and knocked on their door.

There was the recent Richard Gere movie based on a true story where a journalist found some war criminals in the Balkans - they were listed in the phone book and he just went and knocked on their door.

That just goes to show that a pare of Bea Arthur's panties are much harder to find than war criminals.

He should have shanked the bastard on film, that would have been great!

Or brought him a months supply of Big Macs and then made a movie with Osama eating nothing but McDonalds for a month. he could call the movie:
Infidel-size Me! I hope Osama burns in hell!....

Back