Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sure some folks might be thinking another Pirates thread? However, now that this is really turning into a line of figures, I felt we should consolidate discussion.

So with that said, so far, the line is made up of:

AT WORLD'S END

Captain Jack Sparrow v1
Sao Feng v1
Sao Feng v2
Elizabeth Swann
Will Turner
Davy Jones

DEAD MAN'S CHEST

Captain Jack Sparrow - Cannibal King

ON STRANGER TIDES

Captain Jack Sparrow - DX

HTPOTC1.jpg

HTPOTC2.jpg

HTPOTC3.jpg

HTPOTC4.jpg

HTPOTC5.jpg

HTPOTC6.jpg

HTPOTC7.jpg

HTPOTC8.jpg

I've had Jack for a while now, and I really like him, but I wasn't a big Sao Feng fan so I passed on that figure, Elizabeth looked great and she'll be arriving to me in a few days, and now we have another, better Jack on the horizon and Will Turner.

For me, the best news is Jack v2 being from Dead Man's Chest, which mean's Medicom no longer has that license and Hot Toys can really expand this line.

Much as I'm impressed with the quality so far, I am dissappointed in the lack of villainy, a truly great display would be Jack with Barbossa or Davy Jones. You can sort of stretch the fighting with Will or Elizabeth, but true villains would work better, and Barbossa isn't so complex it couldn't be done.

So, here's a propserous Pirates line, drink up me hearties yo-ho :duff

Last edited:
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Yeah, I like where this line is going. I'll be getting Will and Jack V2 for sure, Jones, and probably Barbossa. I have Jack V1 now and Elizabeth will be coming tomorrow. Overall, these look amazing and I highly suggest getting into it ASAP.

Official Hot Toys Captain Jack Sparrow v2 images.

0011630.jpg

0011631.jpg

0011632.jpg

0011633.jpg

0011634.jpg

0011635.jpg

0011636.jpg

0011637.jpg

0011638.jpg

0011639.jpg

Official Hot Toys Will Turner Images

0011647.jpg

0011648.jpg

0011649.jpg

0011650.jpg

0011651.jpg

0011652.jpg

0011653.jpg

0011654.jpg

0011655.jpg

0011656.jpg

Here are some convention images shared originally by member Sachiel, many thanks for that.

2007124101511915.jpg

200712410193397.jpg

200712410151860.jpg

2007124101513123.jpg

2007124101515268.jpg

Will's figure is just sweet! I will be keeping the jacket on as I think the overall figure looks better that way.

I was paying attention to Will's costume while I watched AWE last night, for the final battle, it was jacket, but he didn't have on the black vest under it, so I'll be going that route with him and Elizabeth together like they were fighting on The Pearl in the maelstrom.

I was paying attention to Will's costume while I watched AWE last night, for the final battle, it was jacket, but he didn't have on the black vest under it, so I'll be going that route with him and Elizabeth together like they were fighting on The Pearl in the maelstrom.

I'm getting ready to watch AWE for the first time so I'll be looking for stuff like that as well.

Finally, a thread for all! I couldn't find the original one so it's good you started this one.

Josh, I'm curious to see what you think of AWE.

Good idea MaulFan. There is a crap load of Pirates thread and its a ***** to keep a track of the all.

One thread to rule them all.

Is that the right trilogy?

My prediction is Josh is a bit meh about AWE at first, I love Pirates but I was a little uneasy about it the first time, and now that I've seen it 3 times (2 in theater, 1 on dvd) I like it a lot. When you first see it, it's like looking at an incomplete puzze because you missed some pieces along the way, 2 or 3 times and you get it all.

Here are some old Jack images I did, mean to do more soon, especially with Elizabeth coming Friday.

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

There is a crap load of Pirates thread and its a ***** to keep a track of the all.

Well, back when it was just Jack and Sao, it kinda made sense because there was no telling if the line would grow or not when Medicom only ever did Jack, but now with 4 figures out and 2 more previewing, looking good for Pirates fans.

just got my jack sparrow version 1 today. i love it!!! and it came a day early too. still wanna see swann pics before i decide to buy her. so post away fellow freaks.

ps. the photo of jack in the rain is ****ing awesome MaulFan

I'm in as a collector of this line.

Jack and Elizabeth are on their way to me, and Will is a definite purchase. I didn't plan on getting the second Jack, but since it has the alternate head, I might. I'm just not a fan of the Cannibal Island sequence.

I'm hoping for Barbossa, Davy (human and tentacles), Calypso, and Norrington. Those right there would make me so happy.

Thanks for starting this thread MaulFan! (Awesome pix, by the way. Can't wait to see what you do with the lovely Ms. Swann --or would that be Mrs. Turner?)

Great list, Josette. I'd tack on a DMC Will, a COTBP Will in his "D'Artagnan" get up, and a SE of Flying Dutchman Will (yeah, I know, I got Will on the brain)

Of course, what good are all these heroes without some of Davy Jones' crew to battle? Maccus, Clanker and Hadras, please...

Good idea on the new thread Sean... and good timing as my Jack figure came today! Thing is f'n amazing... I'm continually blown away by HT's figures, as my wallet screams in agony.

I was waiting to see him in hand before deciding if I would keep the HT or Medicom (no 2 jacks for me) and its an easy choice between the two. I think on almost every front (except maybe the facial expression) the HT version is just soooo much better.

Good idea on the new thread Sean... and good timing as my Jack figure came today! Thing is f'n amazing... I'm continually blown away by HT's figures, as my wallet screams in agony.

I was waiting to see him in hand before deciding if I would keep the HT or Medicom (no 2 jacks for me) and its an easy choice between the two. I think on almost every front (except maybe the facial expression) the HT version is just soooo much better.

I actually find the cloth on Medicom's to be more accurrate, though still not right color, and Medicom's body has more accurrate proportions in the shoulder area, but otherwise, the rest goes to Hot Toys, top notch, though I do wish the HT sash, while better looking than Medi, was softer like Medicom's, does anyone know of a good method to soften up material like that?

Do you mean on the long coat? Because I can see that, but the detail on the vest (little buttons and what not) and pants are just so much more intricate.

The Medicom figure seems to be in the simplified RAH style. Whereas, to me, the HT version looks more lived-in and real world. Although one other thing, the hat on the Medicom figure does sit a bit better than HTs. But still Medicom will be going to live with someone else... sadly they don't sell for crap right now :monkey2

Back