Repainted Vampyre from Nosferatu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkArtist81

Super Freak
Reaction score
I finished another SSE figure today, Vampyre from Nosferatu. It was color to begin with, but took a lot to get it to look close enough to the SSE version to work. The jacket was a challenge. In the candlelit shots you can see the red still but in regular light and in person... it's very minimal. I took some liberties, but I wanted to make this Vampyre my own.

DSCN3779.jpg

DSCN3777.jpg

DSCN3776.jpg

DSCN3775.jpg

DSCN3774.jpg

DSCN3773.jpg

DSCN3770.jpg

DSCN3769.jpg

DSCN3767.jpg

WOW DA I know you mentioned that it still looks red and I do see it in the pics but I honestly have to say I love the way it looks with the hint of red

WOW DA I know you mentioned that it still looks red and I do see it in the pics but I honestly have to say I love the way it looks with the hint of red

Thanks Bob! I really love the red tint as well, it looks violet... almost as if it were red and got filthy over time. I'm very happy with the eyes especially, I still can't believe I did it so fast. Really was a fun repaint.

I'm in awe of your work, Josh. I love the small details you add to your work that makes it unique, lifelike and down-right creepy. You did a good job with the photos as well. I especially like the black & white pics.

I'm so glad you got into this line. I can't wait to see more repainted figures in the near future.

Keep up the excellent work.

You better not bother putting your paintbrushes away DA, I have a feeling you'll be getting a PM from The Monster to do the 'Son of Frankenstein' in monotones, shortly.

Good work. Just watching your progress, in your art, on the boards, is a real delight.

You are on a roll Josh!! :rock That Vampyre looks awesome...some of those black and white shots look like they could be actual stills from the movie. Once again excellent work. Your talents continue to impress and amaze me and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you cook up with my Bale headsculpt. :rock :rock

WICKED! My favorite vampire of all time, done up right!
I LOVE your coat! That is too cool! What did you do? Dye? Paint? What?
Love the eyes too!
Did you know there is a newly remastered, digitally restored version of the movie NOSFERATU out there on DVD? Well, I'd say GET IT! You won't be sorry!

Great work J!

Wow, big thanks all around! This is, like Les said, my favorite film Vamp of all time. I really wanted to give it some style. These B&W characters are fun anyway, I'm such a big fan of contrasting tones anyway... It's just a lot of fun bringing that style to life. I can't wait to do more!!

As for the coat, Les... The material is a hard one to actually dye... So, I had to first do a heavy "dirty-ing", just a very watered down dark gray tone soaked into the jacket at first. This brought the shade down a bit but you still saw a lot of red when it dried, so at that stage I drybrushed black onto the jacket and finished it off. Took a lot of work.

Looks great Josh, I even like the hint of red in the coat. It gives it sort of a "not quite black and white" style not unlike Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow movie. Very nice.

Really digging what you did with the eyes. I think Nosferatu was my first Sideshow figure and to this day remains one of my favorites. Such a great sculpt and he's just so damned creepy :rock

Very Nice,
boratthumbxw1.jpg
I like this! Nice job DA. If I don't get a SSE 1:1 Nos Bust when they're up for order, I may be giving you a call. :cool:

I want to be DA when I grow up. The coat is what really makes this repaint shine, good work!

Thank you so much guys! I really love this figure, the sculpt is perfect and it just calls out for lots of character. You really can't mess it up. I'm really enjoying this B&W paint work though, it's a ton of fun and really makes for some striking images. As someone mentioned in my other thread, I hope to try this with zombies as well... make some NOTLD style figures.

I can do B&W FAST too, so that makes it even more fun. It takes me a long time to do flesh tones and hair, yada yada. But with these, it's all a shade of black, white or gray. Easy and quick. Both Frank and Orlock here only took me a day and a half each. And that was only a few hours on each. :rock

I'm color blind so I know I'm missing out on something really special but the shading work and the veins are awesome!

Back