What's your price resistance for 1/6 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much will you pay for a standard SSC 12" figure?

• $50-55

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • $60-70

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • $70-80

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • $80-90

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • over $100

Votes: 11 12.8%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
So it's rumored that SSC will be adopting a more HT like body for their 12" figures - this will likely add to the cost of the SSC figures.

I could handle them going between 80 to 100 dollars. But I would have to get more selective on what I buy and not get slammed with 6 figures arriving within 2 month's.

I don't really have much of a set one, it depends on how much I want the figure, how much I like the character, and if I can tell why it is more expensive (like complex outfit, alot of accessories, or if its very intricate). Of course when I bought the Bond figures for 40 dollars it seemed like alot, but somewhere along the line the price slowly increased to nearly 70 dollars for some of the Star Wars and it didn't bother me. Then it was only a small hop to the more expensive Medicom and Hot Toys.

Most likely if Sideshow adopts the Hot Toys body and the price increases to that level it won't stop me from buying, but I may buy less just because I won't be able to afford it.

So it's rumored that SSC will be adopting a more HT like body for their 12" figures - this will likely add to the cost of the SSC figures.

I take it you know have some inside info?

I'm willing to pay HT prices, but it depends on other factors as well. How many would pay more for Leia just because she was on a HT body? I can't imagine anyone would.

It also might make me think twice about ordering so many figures.

Unkie Dave,

You should have made this a poll and see what price value most people would pay for a 12" figure.

They would have to do more than use a new body. First, I have a couple problems with the Hot Toys body. Too wide in the shoulders for one. But there are things from Hot Toys that really do appeal to me.

1) Tailoring looks very realistic.

2) Numerous detailed accessories with every figure.

3) Hands don't look like they were made for the zombie line and then just recast over and over again for every other line.:rolleyes:

It would take alot more than an HT body to justify HT prices for me. Part of SSC's appeal is the relative value of their figures. More bang for the buck. If they raised the prices more than just a couple dollars a fig for the body swap then it just wouldn't make sense.

If they improve in proportions, tailoring and paint apps as HT has then bring on the HT prices.

I voted $80-90 with the thought of going after entire lines like LOTR, SW, Indy. For just a figure every now and then I don't mind $150.

For the quality that we are getting, i'd price them at $50-$55.

If I had to pay $100+ for something like the 1/6 leia or faramir...........:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Yeah, a new body alone is not enough for me to pay HT prices. The quality of the tailoring would have to improve significantly as well as the consistency of paint apps. and overall quality control. If all that happened, I'd go $80-$90.

Yeah, a new body alone is not enough for me to pay HT prices. The quality of the tailoring would have to improve significantly as well as the consistency of paint apps. and overall quality control. If all that happened, I'd go $80-$90.

Same, but I'd probably go a little higher.

I voted $80-90 with the thought of going after entire lines like LOTR, SW, Indy. For just a figure every now and then I don't mind $150.

That's the thing for me. I'll agree that the Buck body isn't the best, but if leaving that behind changed the price significantly on Sideshow's figures, that could be a sad time.

I love Hot Toys figures and always feel fine with what I pay for them, BUT because of what they cost, there have been some nice figures I've passed on because of really nice figures from them, like the Aliens Marines, I only have Hicks and with the Aliens themselves and Predators I want, doesn't work to get the Marines.

I like Sideshow's lines and prices because they all look nice and they're more affordable so I can actually have a body of pieces from them instead of a gems here and there. I own every figure in the Sideshow 1/6 lines I collect, (LOTR, SW, T2) and I've been very happy with every figure in them and love having them all, and I fear the idea of having to be very selective about figures in those lines because they're up in the $100 range. If I had to set a ceiling for a price that's comfy for collecting numerous figures in a line, I'd say $80 is about the point before I start having to be selective. Even with a new body, I'd like to pay $65-$70 for Sideshow figures, on average, certainly more complicated figures would be higher, but the average person or basic alien, that's where I'd want it to be, same for LOTR.

Until paint apps are improved on, I can't imagine myself paying more than $80. I don't care how good the body is if the face and hair look like crap.

This question is very misleading now... I thought Dave was asking if we'd pay HT prices for HT quality on SS figures.

"Standard"? Meaning what? Current figure with a new HT body but same old clothing?

It all depends...

This question is very misleading now... I thought Dave was asking if we'd pay HT prices for HT quality on SS figures.

"Standard"? Meaning what? Current figure with a new HT body but same old clothing?

It all depends...

From Dave's first post I took it to mean an unimproved SS figure but with the new HT body. Hope that's correct.

Honestly though, how many of us would actually have bought that many SSC 1:6 figures if they had been putting a $130 price tag on them all along?

Honestly though, how many of us would actually have bought that many SSC 1:6 figures if they had been putting a $130 price tag on them all along?

I would get them. I'd be selective cause @ that price I can't get every figure I want. With SS price I can actually fit them into my budget.

Back