Do you collect BOXES?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Do you think "outside the box"...?

I'm getting an insane amount of space stolen from me trying to hang on to every box that carries my precious figures in. Each box probably takes up twice the space a figure does. And HT boxes, forgetaboutit!

Do you guys KEEP your boxes?

Anyone here dump the plastic trays but fold and keep the outer box?

I'm getting to the point where it's time to rethink 'keeping the box'.

I keep them...just because if I ever move or resell it would be a ***** to pack with out the inner carton. Fortunately, my boss has a huge storage area and is going to let me move my boxes in there.....for now they are part of my bedroom decor and are starting to close in around me.

I still have a healthy amount of storage space (thanks to where I work). So yeah, I still keep it all... Box, Blister, and Mailer.

:)

I try to keep them all.

Ive found that as soon as Ive had something long enough to think I can throw away the shipper, then I soon decide to sell and wish I had that shipper back..

The SSC exclusives and the smaller HT boexes like terminator, superman ive kept but those big ones like the aliens, predator and powerloader had to be thrown out. As much as i wanted to keep them it seems like a massive waste of space espeaically since i have never put a figure back in its box yet.

They're too pretty to throw away! I've never even toyed with the idea despite all the space they eat up. It's just goes against everything I've been taught about collectibles.

I'm wondering if it isn't a good idea to remove the plastic trays and stack them separately together -- they should fit one inside the other to some degree. Then I could fold all my boxes up and maximize space.

What do you think?

They're too pretty to throw away! I've never even toyed with the idea despite all the space they eat up. It's just goes against everything I've been taught about collectibles.

Me, too. :lol

I think it comes from being a mint in mint box collector. I open all my figures now, but still like the boxes. I appreciate the work that goes into the design and artwork. Even if I'm not so crazy about the SW 30th packaging.

It's those PF boxes that really eat up space.

I keep the boxes ( especially the SS shipping boxes) incase I wish to re-sell a statue at a later date.

I keep the boxes and all the trays that come with the figures. Shipping boxes I don't care about. I have an entire closet filled with boxes for my collectibles! Some of them like the Hot Toys boxes are so purdy! :D

I keep the boxes for my 12" figures and my busts. Pretty much because those are the most fragile and annoying things to ship w/o original packaging. Not to forget the fact that I change focus like people change pants so it helps with the trade/sale having everything complete...

Well, I used to keep the boxes but my wife started to hate me.. SO now I keep the PF boxes, to use in case I move. And I toss all of my 1/6 scale figure boxes, no matter how much it pains me or how much I regret it later when selling time comes. :lol

I'm getting an insane amount of space stolen from me trying to hang on to every box that carries my precious figures in. Each box probably takes up twice the space a figure does. And HT boxes, forgetaboutit!
It's funny, I found myself in the same dilemma the other day and was going to ask the same question! I'm holding on to mine and I think I'm going to get a storage space soon.

They're too pretty to throw away!
Everytime I go to throw away the big Hot Toys boxes I agonize about it, they are indeed 'too pretty', almost like movie posters themselves.

I'm wondering if it isn't a good idea to remove the plastic trays and stack them separately together -- they should fit one inside the other to some degree. Then I could fold all my boxes up and maximize space.

What do you think?

I've done that with my Dragon figures in the past, and they still take up an awful lot of space. They're also more likely to tear and yellow over time. I have since thrown most of them out.

I keep all my packages, Sideshow and Hot Toys boxes together, but I'm running out of room fast.

And having moved at least four times with 1:6 figures in the past, they can be boxed up in larger boxes without the original packaging as long as you use enough styrofoam, bubble wrap, packing paper, or air pillows to prevent them from moving around.
It's also best to remove all weapons or anything that might break in transit, and put them into a separate plastic storage case (I've used Art Bins), cushion them inside the bins with bubble wrap or packing paper so they don't move around in the bins, and place the bins into a larger shipping box with plenty of cushion surrounding them.

I still have a healthy amount of storage space (thanks to where I work). So yeah, I still keep it all... Box, Blister, and Mailer.

:)

Wow, am I glad I'm not the only one who stores his PF stuff at work. I'm out of room there too. Currently, I can't stick my legs under my desk, and the closet that is in my office is in danger of touching the sprinklers on the ceiling.

One day I'll have to come in and rearrange so that I can get the space under my desk back! At least before the Scouttropper PF comes out so I can put him there. :lol

I keep boxes for figures that I'm afraid might get damaged in shipping... also I've been keeping them for the SS exclusive items. Aside from that I generally toss them.

I will never ever toss a figure's box. These toys are collectibles and it's better to have them. Sure they take up space but that's what you get when you collect. If you are running out of space you either need to sell some stuff or slow down. :monkey1

Back