Please report any glitches

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all, please help me make this the best board it can be. If you could report any glitches, broken links, poor functionality, etc. in this thread, I would appreciate it. Please tell me what operating system and what browser you are using when you report.

Thanks!
:bow

Is it a Mac thing, a vB thing, or a me thing?

I'm experiencing some unusual behavior at log-in.

After entering my user name and password on the home page, I'm redirected to the "Thank you for logging in..." screen, then redirected back to the home page. As it should be. But, though my name appears in the "Online Users" list, "User CP," "Search," "Quick Links," and Chat Room" are missing from the nav bar.

However, if I click on any one of the "Recent Threads," my user name appears as signed in and, all the appropriate links appear on the nav bar. If I hit the "Home " button to return to the front page, all the links are missing and I appear not to be signed in.

I'm running Tiger on a Mac and can duplicate this behavior in Safari and Firefox. I don't have problem in Explorer but, there are various display issues, there.

Btw, can we no longer edit posts or, am I missing something?

vmprdrl.jpg

Why, YES!!! IT IS!!!!! And, is that Bergholtz hair on Darla or just wishful thinking?

Edit: With this post, the "Edit Post" button is back!

Last edited:
Dave,

I managed to fix the smilie problem in chat. There's a version of Flash 8 Beta (8,0,15,0) which seems to do the job. I can't find the page I got it from, but if peeps navgate the Macromedia site, they'll find it.

The emoticon prob here on the board remains tho'

TC

Postcript---- having logged out of chat OK, when I went back.. the smilies refused to work. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Dunno wot's wrong

TC:mummy :horse :taz

Last edited by a moderator:
pop up and ad blockers can prevent emoticons from working - do you have any overly aggressive ad or pop up blockers?

Hey Dave, when I try to change my avatar, I'm limited to just 60x60 pixels, but I've noticed other avatars in use that are larger (e.g. yours is 80x80). Is this a glitch or did you just decide to decrease the size to 60x60? Just curious. :dunno

Darklord Dave said:
pop up and ad blockers can prevent emoticons from working - do you have any overly aggressive ad or pop up blockers?

Ad blockers are off in FF and the only pop up blocker i use is FF, which allows me to cancel blocks if I need to. I haven't seen the "allow blockers" bar appear on the board or in chat.

TC

I did change the avatar to match EZ's limits after a couple of days. I thought it would shrink mine, but apparently not.

Question

Hi Dave,

How do I make my signature banner also turn into a link. When I tried doing it using regular HTML codes, it did not work. I managed to get my banner up and a separate link for the link to my site, but I would like the banner to be the link. Can you help?

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

[ url=your site with http goes here [/url]
[/url]

without the spaces of course

Last edited:
emoty prob???

I am having, what I think is the same problem as TC. It wont allow me to post if I use too many emoticons. It may not be a bad thing. It might result in less of those repetitive ad infinitum emoticon posts that would take me hours to do but I am too lazy so don't.

Does there happen to be a way of marking off posts I have read, so I know not to read the same posts over and over. You have got to hab de braims. This time I stink, not think. I'll probably stumble on the way once I get my bearings.

Unread posts will appear in bold.

TC seems can't see any emoticons. There is a limit to the number of emoticons you can post in one post. I don't know what it is and I'll probably adjust it - but I don't think we need pages of mexican waves either.
:mexwave

Hey guys - the PM function doesn't seem to be working for me. It was fine for most of yesterday, but today it won't send, and the site freezes up every time it tries. Is anyone else having problems with this?

Emoticons here now working better, but some refuse to work eg bliss and Eye. Smilies now seem ta be working in chat.

TC :D:cool::joy

Back