Recommend some Xbox 360 games First person shooter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am looking for minimal chatter and back story. I just want to get in there and do some damage. (yeah I need therapy). I guess I am looking for something like the original Doom where you killed the monsters and find some secrets. So your help and expert advice is appreciated.

Halo and the COD games are great FPS. Ones I've enjoyed anyways as I prefer 3rd person.

I may have recommended COD4 but since I haven't played it I can't. :eek:

As to my Quake 4 recommendation. I found it pretty enjoyable and was able to buy it for less than $20 I think? And it is kind of DOOMish.

IMO

1.) Gears of War
2.) COD 4
3.) Halo 3
4.) Bioshock

Bioshock is 4th because of no online multiplayer

1-3 are all really joint number 1 as you can't separate them, they counter each others strength & weaknesses

I'd like to add the first F.E.A.R. to the list. like quake 4 you can get it for $20-30 and it's a fun ride.

and the ORANGE BOX is an incredible deal since it includes Half Life 2 AND epi. 1 and 2 AND Team Fortress 2 AND Portal(the cake is a lie!).

Halo, COD, GOW are top choices... Another game that was very fun but never caught a large fan base was The Call of Juarez. This game is a good old fasion western. The multiplayer has a lot of problems but the single player is a ton of fun.

gear-of-war-cover.jpg

halo-3-helmet1.jpg

For minimal back story, go with GoW. I played single player twice, and I still don't know what the hell happened in campaign mode

Halo, COD, GOW are top choices... Another game that was very fun but never caught a large fan base was The Call of Juarez. This game is a good old fasion western. The multiplayer has a lot of problems but the single player is a ton of fun.

I hated that game so much, I got it for free with my PC CPU and I had to put the graphics settings all the way down just so it would play, worst game engine ever. And the game wasn't very fun either.

Call Of Duty 4 and Halo 3 are excellent,I've heard that Bioshock is pretty good too. Avoid The Orange Box at all costs,you get 5 games but most of them are ****,Half Life 2 has to be one of the most overrated games of all time and I found it dull,especially after the incredibly atmospheric COD4.

Call Of Duty 4 and Halo 3 are excellent,I've heard that Bioshock is pretty good too. Avoid The Orange Box at all costs,you get 5 games but most of them are ****,Half Life 2 has to be one of the most overrated games of all time and I found it dull,especially after the incredibly atmospheric COD4.

When HL2 came out for PC in 04, it was the most amazing game ever. I still feel that way, but for a console, I can see how it would suck.

Portal alone is worth the price of The Orange Box, although it's short, but it's so amazing that makes up for it. Still need to play Team Fortress 2 though.

half life 2 is a great game!....or so the majority of gamers would say. to each their own though.

Portal alone is worth the price of The Orange Box, although it's short, but it's so amazing that makes up for it. Still need to play Team Fortress 2 though.

i have to beat Portal for the tune at the end at least once a week. great stuff!

Back