UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The ill Jedi

ILLest of 'em all!!
Reaction score
It looks like UT3 will see release this year after all boys...:rock :chew

Epic Games said:
The PlayStation 3 version of Unreal Tournament 3 has gone gold! We got news last night that Unreal Tournament 3 has been approved by SCEA and has been released to North American manufacturing.

Midway has started talking to retailers to figure out exact timing and they will have a formal announcement early next week when everyone is back from the Thanksgiving holiday. My guess is that Midway will start shipping the title to North American retailers on Monday December 10th and it could show up in stores as early as December 11th

Check the link: https://utforums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=25107255&postcount=1

I'm getting this Fo' Sho'!! :rock

From my buddies I used to play the UT with they said at least by the demo it was so-so. Of course you can only get to much from a demo but they said it was a letdown.

I thought it was actually released yesterday though?
I remember seeing it in the best buy ad this past week and found it on their website. Or is there a different UT game out aside from this new one?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspag...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

I'll be getting this soon!! :rock

Unreal Tournament 3 First Impressions
A quick glimpse at Epic's PS3 version.
by Charles Onyett

December 11, 2007 - After a few hours tinkering around with Epic's PS3 version of Unreal Tournament 3, we have to say we're very impressed. Epic has, at least upon initial examination, done a great job making sure PS3 users get the full Unreal Tournament experience. Not only does it control well with the SIXAXIS, but the game features fully customizable mouse and keyboard support, along with the ability to load in mods. Perhaps most impressive, especially considering the number of PS3 versions of games that run poorly when compared to their counterparts on other platforms, this version's visuals are brilliantly detailed and run, at least as far as we've seen, as a very smooth clip...

Go here to read the rest.

I'll be buying this as well, right after the holidays (hopefully with a well placed giftcard :D). Can't wait to play multiplayer on th PS3 :rock

I wonder if the PS3 keyboard/mouse interface mimics the previous PC versions. If I can carry over my custom mouse and key controls to the PS3, that would be VERY cool.

Right now you will have difficulty key binding some of the commands, so as of now your custom commands will not carry over, but Epic has already started releasing patches so it could come soon

FInally picked this up today with some X-Mas Gift Cards and man is it bad ass!! The action is fast paced and frantic, the weapons are awesome and I love the fact that you can play multiplayer with 'Intelligent' A.I.! :D The drones in this game will hand you your ass! Can't wait to play this with my Freaks when more of you pick it up! :rock

FInally picked this up today with some X-Mas Gift Cards and man is it bad ass!! The action is fast paced and frantic, the weapons are awesome and I love the fact that you can play multiplayer with 'Intelligent' A.I.! :D The drones in this game will hand you your ass! Can't wait to play this with my Freaks when more of you pick it up! :rock

Will wait for the 360 version. :cool:

ditto, map editor or not

Map editor is only with the PC version. But really, it's quite fun and the game really runs well on the PC. But the single player is quite lame.

It's also lame about the cross-platform mods, they were headlining that you could put mods on the PS3 but it's not quite what you expect, you have to download the mod onto a flash drive or something and load it onto the PS3 so it's not like there's some menu where you can search through files and then just download them. Hopefully when they release the Xbox version it will have the online functionality for mods.

Back