HT 1st gen rubber body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minivader

Super Freak
Reaction score
first time see people pose the cracked rubber body. Sad :monkey2
its never even seen sun light according to the blogger. This is one of the reason I am so on the fence on the appleseed figures. the whole outfit is made of such construction, if the body cracks, you can't replace the armor like a normal 1/6 figure.

https://www.toyskingdom.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8824&extra=page=1

Older style of material. I understand Hot Toys have developed and countinue to redevelope better materials on the newer generation of bodies... I read it on the OSW board.

You can clearly see that it has not been overposed. Cracking in areas where there is no articulation.

I'm not denying that this problem is real since it's so broadly discussed, but I've been using a few PMC bodies for over 2 years know and have yet to see one crack. I don't repose them more than twice a year though , perhaps that's a reason.

I heard over at OSW that the 1st gen had a lot of problems.

I stand corrected. Thinking about it, it probably was over posed. It's still a worry.

My Rambo 2 cracked up under both arms,and a few cracks on the left arm,havent dared to try several poses on any rubber body figures since...

hmm. i've had some of the big DEVGRU bods (like in that link) and the PMC, Shorty, Rambo bods for about a year & a half and no cracking on any.

Does this also mean that will happen to Batman and the Alien monsters?

Rubber, safe? Not for figures I would say

I don't have any of the HT rubber bodies but I would think the Aliens are safe, as they have a rather loose fitting rubber outer body that's very flexible. It's a different sort of rubber to what I'm thinking the muscle bodies are made of. It'd depend on how you treat it. The amourall approach has to help. We've all seen an old rubber ball and how cracked they can get, so time plays a factor.

Does this also mean that will happen to Batman and the Alien monsters?

Rubber, safe? Not for figures I would say

just read a review about the alien warrior, the reviewer says his alien's elbow rubber has already peeled and loosing pieces from posing. so I guess it depends on how much you pose these models

I still have my HT first generation muscle bod SDU Breacher and have yet to see any cracks (knocks on wood). But I haven't posed him at all since I first got him, and he's been in a box for a couple years away from light and air, so maybe that's why.
I'll try and post a pick of him sometime.

Back